Author Topic: Shoei Neotec update  (Read 14973 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Shoei Neotec update
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
I just ordered a Neotec yesterday, guess I'll find out soon enough...  :-\

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »
I just ordered a Neotec yesterday, guess I'll find out soon enough...  :-\

Black?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »

Indeed.  :) 8)

Asphalt camo........  :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »
For those who have a headshape that just doesn't fit in a Shoei look towards the Signet Q from Arai.  I tried on hundreds of helmets over the last few years and just couldn't find one that didn't squeeze my forehead.  Turns out I have the classic head shape that Arai built the Signet Q to fit.  Ordered from Helmet City (nobody in Canada had stock).
 When I put it on it was like heaven.  Went on a 6 day trip in July and I couldn't believe the comfort...no swollen forehead!!!
 I don't know how the features stack up against the Shoei but I'm very happy with the cooling and noise level. ( Keep my headset turned down fairly low)   The tall windshield helps with noise alot also as when I put that down and open all the vents on the helmet it is noticeably louder but that could be a sizing issue (I was on the line between XL and XXL...I went with the larger).
Frost black helmet and the dark visor look pretty sharp with a black coat!

If you can't find a helmet that fits try a Signet Q... it might just be the one that does.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »
I don't know how the features stack up against the Shoei but I'm very happy with the cooling and noise level.

If you can't fit your head comfortably in the helmet for hours, all the features in the world are not worth it. You'll hate the helmet.
The Neotec and the RF/XR-1000 and 1100 fit me perfectly. I have a 1000 that I was very happy with, but I wanted the integrated visor and flip functionality. Been looking for it for a couple of years in other brands, including the money-no-limit Schubert, but all of them made me hurt on the forehead.
Then the Neotec came out. I had to overcome the price, but 15 000 miles later in the last 6 months I'm glad I did.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
I have the Neotec Borealis and love it.  I have probably 1500 miles with it. I have the Multitec before this one and I like the Neotec better because it flows a lot more air and is quieter at the top vent than the Multi.  Also the drop down shade is sweet, I didn't think t would be dark enough but it is.  I haven't tried the pinlock shield yet, but with colder weather coming it will be in there before long.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"