Author Topic: Ordered a turbo kit for my C14  (Read 33601 times)

Offline punkynlew1

Re: Ordered a turbo kit for my C14
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
Lowered the rear with Soupys adjustable links and sidestand. Have BMC Race Tech revalved/remanufactured rear shock custom for my weight, bike weight, tire, and bike use street/drag. Front dropped 3/4" and will be strapped for drag racing. Nothing done on the drive train. Hoping it can handle the power. If it launches better than it is set up now, I don't know how to keep the front wheel down. Can't stretch the swing arm or change sprockets like a ZX14. Don't want a wheelie bar. Rickey Gadson's OEM wheelbase turboed ZX14R is set up to keep the front wheel down and he's got a bigger turbo and more power than I do. Controling the amount of boost and rpm shift points is part of the answer and of course the expertise of a rider like Rickey Gadson. Don't know if the 200 wide ultra soft Shinko Stealth tire will put more or less rubber/nylon on the ground at 15 psi. Some say the wheel width will restrict the contact patch to less than the 190. I'll ask experts at Valdosta before I have the 200 installed. It's all an interesting and fun experiment. I haven't heard much from Spaz and Fretka about their turboed C14s with forged turbo pistons installed and whatever else they may have done to improve their bikes after suffering piston/valve problems. BTW, I am old and crotchety. Later, amigo. Lew

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Re: Ordered a turbo kit for my C14
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2012, 01:23:53 AM »
Wild: Chris Jones still has my bike. Some of the delay is my fault for having Chris do more mods than originally intended. He has installed JE or Carrilllo turbo forged 9.5 CR pistons, larger '07 ZX14 throttle bodies, injectors and velocity stacks, Speedohealer, water/methanol injection, adjustable boost controller, DJ PCIIIusb/Hub, map sensor, piped the exhaust to dual Muzzy CFs, hid the turbo air cleaner up higher and behind the plastic, Pingel elect. shifter w/light set to flash at 10,200 rpm and handlebar shift buttons and a BMC Race Tech rear remanufctured/revalved shock, Soupys rear adjustable lowering links and adjustable side stand, heavier valve and clutch springs and cam chain tensioner in addition to the turbo, wastegate, blowoff valve, SS header. I also have a ultra soft Shinko Stealth 200 wide tire and Catalyst Composite drag step seat. Chris is scheduled to take the bike to Valdosta, GA and put a pro/champion drag racer, John Fernandez, on it to compete in the Street ET class in the Manufacturers Cup Finals Nov. 9-11. Rickey Gadson will be riding his Jones turbo prepared '12 ZX14R in the Real Street Finals. I have medical problems, can't ride myself but will be there and tow the bike home (Spaz won't care for that idea). At least, the bike will have actual live drag racing tickets to show what it can do w/a pro rider instead of just dyno results. I still would like to do Rickey Gadson's drag racing school, when I am able. I am scheduled for more steroid injections in my lumbar spine and sacroilliac, which is causing me severe hip pains/sciatica. Sometimes I can barely walk with a severe limp. Hope I get better before I get worse. At my age there are no guarantees but I'm not through with my bucket list yet. I'm very gratified to be one who doesn't follow the herd. I like pushing the envelope, thinking outside the box and doing things different than most others. I lived on and cruised a trimaran sailboat for 5 years including out to Hawaii. Most sailors I met thought I was crazy for having a trimaran instead of the traditional ballasted keel single hull sailboat. They said, "The damned thing will capsize and when it does it will stay that way." I said, "At least its faster and more comfortable (doesn't heel over much) and doesn't sink when holed." One guy gave me a hatchet to chop my way out, when it went upside down. Rode to the bottom of South America even though many said, "You must be crazy. You'll be robbed, killed, bike stollen, diseased, dog impounded, jailed, stranded" and endless reasons why most folks won't do such a thing. There were a few, but not many, who were envious of the adventure. Many were dumbfounded, when we (my Yorkie, Punky, and a senorita/wife from Peru) returned in one piece with tons of foreign stickers on the panniers and tail box. How many of you have lived on a 3rd world country's remote beach on the Tropic of Cancer in front of the only extensive live coral reef on the west coast of N. America, rode my bike exploring back dirt roads, fished, snorkeled and got drunk at will, usually at 5 everyday. I voted today. Hope y'all do too. Later, amigo. Lew

I read this like five times over and enjoyed it everytime,  You are my hero :)   I can't wait to see video and or pictures as I think this is awesome!!!!   :D :D