Author Topic: Not Happy With Kawasaki At The Moment (Rant)  (Read 13744 times)

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
Not Happy With Kawasaki At The Moment (Rant)
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »
My bike is in for it's 20K service and I'm also in need of new front rotors as well due to warping. This will be my second set that needs to be replaced under warranty, but it seems Kawasaki is dragging their feet in approving the work. So now I have to wait to see if my dealer can get it put through. Apparently they are pointing to the fact that they've done it once already. If they decide not to do it, I will not be happy with them at all and will consider getting rid of the bike if they are going to be like this. I'm within my 3 year warranty term and this is a known issue, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?  >:(  >:(  Alright who am I kidding, I won't get rid of my bike, but it just pisses me off that they would pull this crap. Even if I did get rid of the bike they wouldn't care, so who am I kidding? Nothing aggravates me more than poor customer service for a loyal customer.

So I'm going with the assumption they won't pay for it, which means I'm going with a different manufacture. I know that Galfer seems to be a popular brand here, but any other manufacturers? Oh and  Kawasaki can go screw if they think I putting another set of their rotors on.  :shoot: :cannon:

AHHHHHHHH.........alright....I think I feel better now.

-Chris

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
Re: Not Happy With Kawasaki At The Moment (Rant)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
It not the dealer's fault if they can't get kawasaki to pay for it.  The rotors are a well know problem and they should pay for it, if they don't, that's life.

One question, when you said you are a loyal customer, can you expand on that?  Do you do all the service there at the dealership?  How loyal are you?  My willingness as a service manager depends on how loyal you are as a customer.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:46 PM »
Kawasaki knows about brake rotor problems on C-14s and there really shouldn't be any problem replacing them. If your dealer leans on Kawi a little bit I am sure you will get new rotors under warranty. They have a known problem. My dealer does not have any difficulty changing rotors that have warped. If you continue to have trouble, I suggest a change to a different dealer.

Brian

My bike is in for it's 20K service and I'm also in need of new front rotors as well due to warping. This will be my second set that needs to be replaced under warranty, but it seems Kawasaki is dragging their feet in approving the work. So now I have to wait to see if my dealer can get it put through. Apparently they are pointing to the fact that they've done it once already. If they decide not to do it, I will not be happy with them at all and will consider getting rid of the bike if they are going to be like this. I'm within my 3 year warranty term and this is a known issue, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?  >:(  >:(  Alright who am I kidding, I won't get rid of my bike, but it just pisses me off that they would pull this crap. Even if I did get rid of the bike they wouldn't care, so who am I kidding? Nothing aggravates me more than poor customer service for a loyal customer.

So I'm going with the assumption they won't pay for it, which means I'm going with a different manufacture. I know that Galfer seems to be a popular brand here, but any other manufacturers? Oh and  Kawasaki can go screw if they think I putting another set of their rotors on.  :shoot: :cannon:

-Chris
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline DaveO

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:50:36 PM »

-Chris

have you been using OEM brake pads the whole time?

Bob

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 04:13:29 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 05:45:12 AM »
Alot of times they will fix an issue for you once, but won't fix it a second time.

My bike has over 20,000 miles and the rotors are still awesome.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »
It not the dealer's fault if they can't get kawasaki to pay for it.  The rotors are a well know problem and they should pay for it, if they don't, that's life.

One question, when you said you are a loyal customer, can you expand on that?  Do you do all the service there at the dealership?  How loyal are you?  My willingness as a service manager depends on how loyal you are as a customer.

What difference does this make?  So if I don't pay 150.00 for an oil change then my rotors do not deserve to be replaced under WARRANTY for a KNOWN problem?  I understand the bitterness of a dealer if a customer goes 400 miles to save 1500.00, well no I don't but that's another story.  Why have a warranty if you are at the mercy of a dealer who decides whether he will help you based on how much money you spend at his shop?  WTF.... If my local dealer did not leave greasy fingerprints all over the bike and do half AXX maintenance then I may use him but frankly I don't trust their work.  Installing rotors isn't rocket science so I would rather them just hand me the parts but they won't do that either because of......policy.  What a joke, and you wonder why some of us don't qualify for the LOYALTY  program?

Offline booger

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:52:54 AM »
Kawasaki knows about brake rotor problems on C-14s and there really shouldn't be any problem replacing them. If your dealer leans on Kawi a little bit I am sure you will get new rotors under warranty. They have a known problem. My dealer does not have any difficulty changing rotors that have warped. If you continue to have trouble, I suggest a change to a different dealer.

Brian

Kawasaki always drags their feet.  I had problems getting a safety recall taken care of a couple of years ago on a KLR 650.

They just have to go through their little ritual before they can do anything.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:32:25 AM »
Some dealers will "push" harder than others with corporate than others will. This is true whether you're talking Mama Kawie or any company when it comes to warranty work. And it's usually the service manager doing the pushing and some of them are good at it and some of them aren't ---- just like in anything else.

If it gets turned down (says the service manager) you might want to talk to the General Manager or Owner. Don't assume they know what's going on and what kind of effort their service manager put into your case. When I run into warranty problems I work my way up the ladder trying to get it fixed. I don't just take "no" for any answer.

Offline Mighty

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »
This should have zero to do with the fact that it is a known problem still under warranty and Kawasaki should take care of it.  If it was something out of warranty and you were trying to get the dealer to go to bat for you that's a different story.
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »
If it gets turned down (says the service manager) you might want to talk to the General Manager or Owner. Don't assume they know what's going on and what kind of effort their service manager put into your case. When I run into warranty problems I work my way up the ladder trying to get it fixed. I don't just take "no" for any answer.

+1.  If you are right, then don't settle for "no".  Kawasaki has a duty to make sure they are not being ripped off, and that the expensive labor and parts charges are legit (yes, there are some scummy dealers out there that will rip off Kawasaki).  But you have a duty to make sure Kawasaki stands behind their warranty.  If you are not happy with the answer, escalate at the dealership,  then find another dealer, then make noise directly to Kawasaki.  Fortunately, I have not had to go through any of this with my bike, but I have had to with other products under warranty.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »
FYI, I brought my 2009 in the other day for a new front tire and mentioned the pulsing front brakes and rotor issues and the guy didn't know anything about rotor problem on the C14 and actually said that there were no problems that he had ever heard of. I told him it's a known issue on the forums and he basically said "There are forums out there for every bike and they are not always right".  Not a good thing to say in my book. After he brought the bike around to the shop, he did ask if I felt it was dangerous and I told him that it wasn't and if it got worse to where I thought it was an issue I would not hesitate to bring it in. Maybe he mentioned it to one of the actual workers in the shop and they confirmed it?
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »

So I'm going with the assumption they won't pay for it, which means I'm going with a different manufacture. I know that Galfer seems to be a popular brand here, but any other manufacturers?

-Chris

I warped a set of Galfers already and they have not determined if they will replace them or not so I would consider a different brand.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 04:50:10 PM »
I told him it's a known issue on the forums

i suggest you never ever mention any problems  you heard about on motorcycle forum to your dealer .
You'll lose all credibility.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
How the hell are you guys having rotor issues twice? ??? I personally think the OEM pads are too hard on the rotors, I run Galfer pads on my bike and really like them.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »
Have you never heard of the word "Politics"?  What about "get more if you use honey"?  What about the word "that's life"?

You can assume or expect whatever you want about warranty, but you will get more if you are nice and spent money at the dealership. Heard of this one, "it's not what you know, but who you know". If you don't believe it, you must live in a cave!
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 07:57:56 AM »
Sorry guys, I never received a notification that people replied to this thread eventhough I did check the box.

IRULE I am a loyal customer because I do get my bike serviced at this dealer each time it needs it, even with tires. I've also bought helmets and parts here as well.

BDF Brian, I'm actually going through Razees right now and I know they are probably doing a good job of fighting for me. The frustrating part is that they knew I was bringing this in for a good 4 weeks now and the service guy didn't get it approved by Kawasaki yet. My feeling is that this should have been either approved or at least brought to my attention before I brought it in. I'm sure it just got buried under his other warranty paperwork, but still I think he should have gotten this done sooner.

Pokey I do have the OEM pads on the bike and I'm not sure why they are warping again.

These guys at the dealership know me and for the most part (I think) like me. I've never gone anywhere else for service and I've only changed my oil once on my own, but I did buy the oil and filter through this dealer. I'm going to call later today and see where it stands.

One thing my dealer did do was they called the Michelin rep to come out and look at my tires since I'm having issues with them lasting. They gave him my history with tires and they explained that I've only put Michelins on it. They said the rep took pictures and contacted Michelin and now I'm awaiting word. I'm pretty confident that they will not do anything to replace them, but it doesn't hurt. My wife and I are going to ride the BRP and "The Dragon" in August, so I'm going to wait until two weeks before I go and replace my existing tires with Pirellis or Michelins if they choose to give me a new set.

-Chris

Offline DaveO

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
How the hell are you guys having rotor issues twice? ??? I personally think the OEM pads are too hard on the rotors,

what makes you think that and what makes you think galfer pads are better ?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Have you never heard of the word "Politics"?  What about "get more if you use honey"?  What about the word "that's life"?

You can assume or expect whatever you want about warranty, but you will get more if you are nice and spent money at the dealership. Heard of this one, "it's not what you know, but who you know". If you don't believe it, you must live in a cave!

Sorry but you made me do it:

WTF is the point of having a warranty if I have to be blackmailed into kissing the dealers A%& to get anything done...My rear sensor never worked from day 1 and it's the mentality of people like you that keep me from taking it to my local dealer who wanted MSRP on a 2 year old bike.   I traveled 3 hours to get a fair market deal on a 2009.   Should I have just paid the Kings Ransom just to get something fixed under warranty?  When do I have to kiss the ring?  Again, if the dealer was competent I would pay him the fee for changing my oil and I would buy a 25.00 T-shirt and play POLITICS as you put it but they are a bunch of unethical idiots.  Maybe you work at a better dealership but I can say from experience that most of the work I have had completed at dealerships required me to double check the completed work they did because of previous bad experiences.   How many guys here have had to tighten bolts after finding stuff left loose that was supposed to be checked  prior to delivery or found tires at 25 lbs of pressure after a service?  Give me a break.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
The warranty guys usually wait for the bike to be brought in so they can look at it themselves. Most dealers won't (and are not supposed to) order anything for warranty service unless they have diagnosed the problem. And usually with brakes, dealers don't like to let the bikes go back out while waiting for parts for obvious safety reasons. I am speaking generally here and don't know your situation. But the warranty guy at Razee (Pete) has been great with me, at least so far.

Brian

<snip>

BDF Brian, I'm actually going through Razees right now and I know they are probably doing a good job of fighting for me. The frustrating part is that they knew I was bringing this in for a good 4 weeks now and the service guy didn't get it approved by Kawasaki yet. My feeling is that this should have been either approved or at least brought to my attention before I brought it in. I'm sure it just got buried under his other warranty paperwork, but still I think he should have gotten this done sooner.

<snip>

-Chris
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com