Author Topic: Not Happy With Kawasaki At The Moment (Rant)  (Read 13735 times)

Offline curly

Re: Not Happy With Kawasaki At The Moment (Rant)
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »
 :popcorn:
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
what makes you think that and what makes you think galfer pads are better ?

Because I have them, and that makes it both smart and better. ;) Nah....the OEM might be grippy, but I seen an awful lot of dust off them compared to my Galfers. I like the feel of Galfer pads much better, the braking is very linear IMHO. I have around 12k on my rotors and have had zero issues thus far.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
My bike eats pads.  maybe i show be easier on it.  no toro probs to report after 20,000 miles.

I thought they were acting up once and felt a vibration when applying brakes.  The KiPass fixed the prob. Not sure if it was rotors and prob was gone to fast for a complete diagnosis.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Bob

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 06:28:32 AM »
The warranty guys usually wait for the bike to be brought in so they can look at it themselves. Most dealers won't (and are not supposed to) order anything for warranty service unless they have diagnosed the problem. And usually with brakes, dealers don't like to let the bikes go back out while waiting for parts for obvious safety reasons. I am speaking generally here and don't know your situation. But the warranty guy at Razee (Pete) has been great with me, at least so far.

Brian

Exactly. And that's why I went three years with KIPASS issues. The dealer could never diagnose it themselves since it would not fail while at the dealer. Many times, not the once or twice that Brian will claim! (those were actual trailered in) But then when it did fail for the dealer. Kawasaki cleaned the bad parts! Kawasaki's service gave me a bad experience. You think being friends with Brian, they would have fixed it for me. ;D
 Because of this, I now ride a Yamaha and am much happier!  As Steve would say. 9,000+ miles with zero issues!  ;D   But honestly I'm not knocking the C14. They are great bikes that I do recommends. Just not for me. My C14 was the extreme end of the spectrum where as most are very well made dependable bikes. Maybe someday down the road. You never know!

Oh yeah, rumor has it that my old 08 has been back to the dealer for KIPASS issues! Good thing I bought that extended warranty for the new owner!!!!!   :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »

Exactly. And that's why I went three years with KIPASS issues. The dealer could never diagnose it themselves since it would not fail while at the dealer. Many times, not the once or twice that Brian will claim! (those were actual trailered in) But then when it did fail for the dealer. Kawasaki cleaned the bad parts! Kawasaki's service gave me a bad experience. You think being friends with Brian, they would have fixed it for me. ;D
 Because of this, I now ride a Yamaha and am much happier!  As Steve would say. 9,000+ miles with zero issues!  ;D   But honestly I'm not knocking the C14. They are great bikes that I do recommends. Just not for me. My C14 was the extreme end of the spectrum where as most are very well made dependable bikes. Maybe someday down the road. You never know!

Oh yeah, rumor has it that my old 08 has been back to the dealer for KIPASS issues! Good thing I bought that extended warranty for the new owner!!!!!   :o

+1, I had a horrid experience with my ZX14 with those clowns.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:54 AM »
Well it appears that I may have been given bad information. After speaking to the warranty guy at the dealer, he said that he hadn't done the brakes yet because he was waiting to see what Michelin will do about my tire issue, if anything. I'm under no illusions that they will do anything, but he said if they did, they wouldn't pay for the labor. He was going to include that cost while doing the rotors. He said that he didn't think it would be a problem to get them covered. Unfortunately the service guy I spoke too didn't convey that message to me :battle: soooooooo it appears I may have jumped the gun on this one.........whoops!  ??? :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

-Oscar Charles Gamble

<snip>

They are great bikes that I do recommends.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Well the good news is that Kawasaki approved the rotors, the bad news is they don't have any of the 2011 in stock at this moment. I just hope they get them in before the end of August when we head down to the BRP.

As for Michelin, they felt that after looking at all the information that the tire wear was inline with their specifications. They said that the PR2's and PR3's get between 6,000 & 8,000 miles. I knew Michelin wasn't going to do anything, so I'm not that upset nor surprised with their decision. But I am moving on to Pirelli Angels and hopefully they will be better.  :hail:

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
Sounds like you have a great dealer who went to work for you.  I just installed Pirelli Angels front and back and really like them, granted they replaced the stockers.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Well the good news is that Kawasaki approved the rotors, the bad news is they don't have any of the 2011 in stock at this moment. I just hope they get them in before the end of August when we head down to the BRP.

Who "they"?  The dealer or Kawasaki????  That is insane if they can't get such wearable parts quickly!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »
Sounds like you have a great dealer who went to work for you.  I just installed Pirelli Angels front and back and really like them, granted they replaced the stockers.

How are they in the rain?

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 06:02:45 PM »
Who "they"?  The dealer or Kawasaki????  That is insane if they can't get such wearable parts quickly!

Kawasaki has them back ordered and it didn't have an estimated shipping date.

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
All this b$t$hing for nothing?  Oh man, I tired!   ;D
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »

You're tired?!?! I'm exhausted! ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
True but I do not think we have uncovered the <real> issue yet either..... I don't want to say the <k-word> though and ruin an otherwise perfectly bad thread.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

The dealer can only get 'em if Kawasaki has 'em...in this day and economy...dealers aren't going to "stock up" on something just in case...and, we aren't even addressing the supply chain problems that are affecting virtually everything known to man...
'02 C-10

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

Sorry about that, I think I got the last set of 2011 rotors in the US.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 09:06:44 PM »

Yeesh.  Makes you wonder if the rotor issues are not quite so rare or isolated...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
It is really impossible to estimate how many rotors have failed on C-14s but I think there have been too many to call it rare. I don't think it is really a chronic problem but it is common enough that it seems to be expected by dealers, at least those that I have spoken with about this issue. Another thing is that Kawasaki has now changed brake parts twice in what is believed (again, by the dealers I have spoken with) to be an effort to stop these rotors from warping; the first was a change to the pads in 2010 and the second was a major change in the rotor's carrier making them much more rigid. Manufacturers do not usually change parts that work perfectly and they certainly do not make parts that work correctly even heavier.

That said, generally Kawasaki seems to be handling warranting rotors quite easily; those reporting problems seem to be having problem with the dealer, not the manufacturer directly.

Brian

Yeesh.  Makes you wonder if the rotor issues are not quite so rare or isolated...

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »

There were alot of people with warped rotors on the forum before it crashed and I started a new thread here to ask who has had warped rotors and so far out of 105 people voted, 30 have warped one set, 11 have warped more than one set and 4 people have warped aftermarket rotors after they replaced stock rotors due to warpage! Think something is wrong with the braking system on this bike? I do.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1587.45