Author Topic: Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit (appears deal is over)  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit (appears deal is over)
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
http://www.bikebandit.com/gmax-gm54s-modular-motorcycle-helmet?WT.mc_id=2776060

Rats ! I wanted to and try out helmets this weekend at St Louis. But this deal is way good to pass !! I believe it is a second gen model - not the latest model.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:23:16 AM by Awaz »
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:59:12 PM »
I no like BB. Been burned.

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
Not too bad a price, I actually found 1 locally for my dad when he wrecked he wanted another modular helmet.  I think I paid $75 for it.  He doesnt wear it anymore, upgraded to a KBC.  I own 3 full face GMAX helmets, i Believe its the 68's, called "crusader" I reallllly like them.  Quit making them about 2 years ago so I had to order from ebay, a guy in canada had 2 left.  Thats what I use every day on my bike.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »

Care to elaborate? I talked to CS there and they said they got 30 day money back
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline TRBN

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »

This is the second time I have seen JetJock complain about BikeBandit without elaborating on his complaint...  I have had 100% good luck with them on quite a few orders.  Plus the AMA discount is always a nice benefit!

Aaron

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
Hesitant to pull the trigger on a helmet I haven't seen.... Anyone used this model that can say as to how loud it is etc?

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Lets see how it works out.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
I pulled the trigger as well.   Already have the Sena hooked up to my HJC which I really like but at that price, it is worth a chance to see how I like it.   You never know what you are missing until you know that you have tried different helmets out.   I, like many of you, have had many different helmets in the past and am excited to try out the GMAX

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »
I asked them twice and they said 30 day return, but we will have to fork over shipping. Worth the chance.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline JetJock

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »
Care to elaborate? I talked to CS there and they said they got 30 day money back

Placed an order, used a discount card they supplied via AMA, all is well and apparently good. A gift to myself of a jacket I'd been looking for for a while. I cancel a pending purchase on same jacket available locally. A day or so later, get an email with a "Not In Stock Anymore" notice from BB. WTF? Online retailer but their inventory isn't real-time? It had been shown as "in stock" when I ordered and all through the CC processing.

Nothing from BB to make me feel better about the situation. Thanks for wasting my time, guys! Promise a lot and deliver nothing.

In the day or two that this played out, the local store sells the one I'd originally planned to buy, so I end up with zilt.

Offline jayke

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
That seems pretty minor to me.  It's not like they charged your card and never shipped or shipped months later. 

They may have just had an error in their inventory count.

Offline JetJock

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
That seems pretty minor to me.  It's not like they charged your card and never shipped or shipped months later. 

They may have just had an error in their inventory count.

True. Minor but very annoying at the time. And I don't go around bad-mouthing them with various blown-outta-proportion horror stories or call them a "stealership" like some people tend to do. I realize mistakes happen. We make plenty in my business.

That said, I'm leery of ordering from them because of this experience.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »
Believe it or not guys....I am fighting the same battle as Jetlock did right now. I ordered in titanium a large size helmet and a XS. The shipped the XS and said titanium is in back order. So I contacted them and asked them if they can switch out the color for me. They said they will not ! They said if I switch color, it will cost me $152 and not $95 ! The CS keeps telling me the original helmet is in back order and they will have to wait for 25 days ! Really? I sure do not understand this logic! Black, white, titanium, pink, it is the same feaking helmet ! GM54s ! Just send me the damn helmet in a different color, one where large is available, and I will be happy! I am not even being picky about color ! If I am wrong here, I will greatly appreciate if someone can explain this hick (self) what the hell is BB talking about !
Still haggling with the CS at the time of writing this. Will tell you of outcome.

EDIT: They finally came through for me. They are sending me the helmet in a different color. Appears the issue is that they cannot just change the color without cancelling the first order. And if they re-order, their system allows them to re-order at the new price and not the old one. Heck, I am the dumb customer, I do not what their system can or cannot do. I just wanted a GM54s in size large in any color they got. Well, I think I am finally glad they are going to try to make that happen.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
Believe it or not guys....I am fighting the same battle as Jetlock did right now. I ordered in titanium a large size helmet and a XS. The shipped the XS and said titanium is in back order. So I contacted them and asked them if they can switch out the color for me. They said they will not ! They said if I switch color, it will cost me $152 and not $95 ! The CS keeps telling me the original helmet is in back order and they will have to wait for 25 days ! Really? I sure do not understand this logic! Black, white, titanium, pink, it is the same feaking helmet ! GM54s ! Just send me the damn helmet in a different color, one where large is available, and I will be happy! I am not even being picky about color ! If I am wrong here, I will greatly appreciate if someone can explain this hick (self) what the hell is BB talking about !
Still haggling with the CS at the time of writing this. Will tell you of outcome.

EDIT: They finally came through for me. They are sending me the helmet in a different color. Appears the issue is that they cannot just change the color without cancelling the first order. And if they re-order, their system allows them to re-order at the new price and not the old one. Heck, I am the dumb customer, I do not what their system can or cannot do. I just wanted a GM54s in size large in any color they got. Well, I think I am finally glad they are going to try to make that happen.

You know what's going to happen now right? You'll get two helmets, both XS in pink.     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »
You know what's going to happen now right? You'll get two helmets, both XS in pink.     ;)

If you jinxed it, I will come find you ! lol !

I will wear pink ! I do not care - just need it to be large !
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Viking

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »
I picked up a 68s this spring to use while saving up for a new Shoei.
At $100, I figured it would do the trick and not set me back too much.

Well, what a damn predicament that turned out to be.
It's an amazing helmet.
I've owned some nice (and expensive) helmets over the years, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this cheap lid performs.
Too bad the Crusader graphics are no longer available, but at least the new graphics aren't too bad.
It's going to be difficult to part with the money when it's all saved up for the new Shoei.

Cheers

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »

It's an amazing helmet.
I've owned some nice (and expensive) helmets over the years, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this cheap lid performs.
Too bad the Crusader graphics are no longer available, but at least the new graphics aren't too bad.
It's going to be difficult to part with the money when it's all saved up for the new Shoei.

Cheers

I looked hard at the 68. Decided to try out the modular ones. I guess we will see how convenient they are.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »

It's an amazing helmet.

Cheers

Like I said I've got 2 crusaders.  1 in blue and white, and another in green/grey silver.  I LOVE THEM.  I believe they were the webbikeworld helmet of 2007 or 08.  Cant believe they quit making them for that stupid dragon BLAH.  I had to buy outa canada, but Dang glad I did.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:46:22 AM »
its only like $3 off.....

i though this was goingto be a great deal.

like my arai.  $740 helmet for $325 new!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
its only like $3 off.....

i though this was goingto be a great deal.

like my arai.  $740 helmet for $325 new!

Well, the deal price is over. Appears it was for one day. I haggled with CS for one hour to switch out the color for me. The finally said they will, but I do not see my order updated yet. Guess I will wait for one more day.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14