Author Topic: Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit (appears deal is over)  (Read 6416 times)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
Believe it or not guys....I am fighting the same battle as Jetlock did right now. I ordered in titanium a large size helmet and a XS. The shipped the XS and said titanium is in back order. So I contacted them and asked them if they can switch out the color for me. They said they will not ! They said if I switch color, it will cost me $152 and not $95 ! The CS keeps telling me the original helmet is in back order and they will have to wait for 25 days ! Really? I sure do not understand this logic! Black, white, titanium, pink, it is the same feaking helmet ! GM54s ! Just send me the damn helmet in a different color, one where large is available, and I will be happy! I am not even being picky about color ! If I am wrong here, I will greatly appreciate if someone can explain this hick (self) what the hell is BB talking about !
Still haggling with the CS at the time of writing this. Will tell you of outcome.

EDIT: They finally came through for me. They are sending me the helmet in a different color. Appears the issue is that they cannot just change the color without cancelling the first order. And if they re-order, their system allows them to re-order at the new price and not the old one. Heck, I am the dumb customer, I do not what their system can or cannot do. I just wanted a GM54s in size large in any color they got. Well, I think I am finally glad they are going to try to make that happen.

And this is why, with helmets especially, I like to deal with real shops and real people. Maybe pay a little more (and maybe not as many shops have the same deals BB and others offer), but walk out knowing you've got what you want.

Offline Viking

Re: Gmax 54s for cheap at bikerbandit (appears deal is over)
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 11:03:24 PM »
Nothing wrong with dealing with "real" shops Jet.
If you can find one.
Up here in the great white north, everything sells for list price or higher unless you shop online.
And there again is the trick; finding a good online shop.
For me it's Pete's Superbike in Montreal.
They beat everyone else pricewise, and they've always delivered the goods.

Heck, their price on a pair of PR3's with shipping is less than the same rear tire at the local dealer!
The Shoei I'm saving up for is $499; compare that to $769 at the "real" store and you can see why it's difficult sometimes to support local business.
These are not extreme examples either.
Sadly, they are the norm.

Believe me Jet, if there were a local shop that sold items 10-20% over the online prices, I'd invite you over for beer and wings and we'd go SHOPPING!