Author Topic: PR4's arrived and installed!!  (Read 24380 times)

Offline Conniesaki

Re: PR4's arrived and installed!!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
BLACK all the way to me ... that is sharp! :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Thanks brother!  :) :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

I'm short too Max (5'8"), it takes a lot to get me pissed, and this wasn't one of em...  ;) :) :chugbeer:

As you know, standing height doesn't reveal leg length.   They are related, but not directly related.

BTW- if you are in my age bracket, 5'8" is not "short".  Average European American male height for those born in the 60's is 5'8" or 5'9" (depending on source), and a few inches either way of the mean would be well within two standard deviations (the typical statistical measure of "normality")  ((yes, I completed far too many credits of statistics in college)).  Just sayin'

But anyway, I put a lot of work into trying to lower the Concours (and it is still not enough), and a taller tire would be very unwelcome....  pretty much "pissed" territory for me :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »
As you know, standing height doesn't reveal leg length.   They are related, but not directly related.

BTW- if you are in my age bracket, 5'8" is not "short".  Average European American male height for those born in the 60's is 5'8" or 5'9" (depending on source), and a few inches either way of the mean would be well within two standard deviations (the typical statistical measure of "normality")  ((yes, I completed far too many credits of statistics in college)).  Just sayin'

But anyway, I put a lot of work into trying to lower the Concours (and it is still not enough), and a taller tire would be very unwelcome....  pretty much "pissed" territory for me :)

:o  Yer funny Spock...  :D

I'm not European, but me and Gumby did have one of them in our raft going down the Snake river last summer with da speedo a sportin...  :doh: :yikes:

I think my dad was born in the 60's, and yes 5'8" is short... but I'm ok with that, my wife is hot so all is well in the universe!  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »
WHAT?! I was there earlier today and they didnt have them in! Not ready to purchase yet but i wanted to take a look at them.
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 11:15:57 PM »
WHAT?! I was there earlier today and they didnt have them in! Not ready to purchase yet but i wanted to take a look at them.

Not sure what time you were there SF, but they delivered there about 11am...  :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 11:31:09 PM »
I'm not European,

?  Never said you were...

but me and Gumby did have one of them in our raft going down the Snake river last summer with da speedo a sportin...  :doh: :yikes:

I don't understand that

I think my dad was born in the 60's,

OMG, OK, now I feel old.

and yes 5'8" is short...

Well, no it isn't, as I already explained... but heaven forbid I try take away from your specialness  :)   We like you for who you are... you don't have to pretend you are short.... we like you even if you are normal.   (Yeesh, I can't believe I just said that)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline pistole

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 11:36:43 PM »
max , go and take your meds ok.

;D

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »

+1  :salute: The black DOES look good....got my vote!!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
Yeah, that's what I figured, I was just looking for an easy way out.... :-)

Time to get mine done and then some- the original silver wheels are really filthy beyond all recognition, especially the front. Not sure if I want to go black though.... it looks great but also shows ever speck of dust and when it dulls back a little it starts to look 'blotchy' sort of. Though they look fantastic when they are nice, new and clean.

Brian

Chicken strips indeed, just got home, a very wet PNW day, so I had to take it easy on the new tires on the way home until they scuff up a bit.  :(

I had them powder coated, they media blasted them before the powder coating.  :) 8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:05 AM »
Is there a color called 'Brake Dust'?

Offline PH14

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:45 AM »
The Bike looks great ZG!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
That is what I am hoping- a dark gray. In fact, I would think a C-14 would look great in that color all over.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
+1  :salute: The black DOES look good....got my vote!!

The Bike looks great ZG!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Thanks brutha's!  :) :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
max , go and take your meds ok.

;D

Someone mention meds?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »

Yes, that is currently the color of my wheels :(

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »
Someone mention meds?

I have plenty to share.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »

Max - I can't seem to find the diameter for Michelin motorcycle tires, so I used those of my own Bridgestone BT016 tires instead. The BT016 190/50ZR17 has a published diameter of 633 mm (24.92 inches), and the 190/55ZR17 diameter is 649 mm (25.55 inches). That difference is 0.63 inches, and since the radius is the part that determines axle height, aka ride height, the difference is 0.315 inches. And since the rider sits about half-way between the mid point between the front and rear axles .. and the rear axle, the ride height with the 55 series tire would be about 0.236 inches (0.315 x 75%) higher than that of the 50 series tire. Less than 1/4".

Sorry ... my woman isn't home yet  ;D  :o  :P  :-*  :'(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:49 PM »
Max - I can't seem to find the diameter for Michelin motorcycle tires, so I used those of my own Bridgestone BT016 tires instead. The BT016 190/50ZR17 has a published diameter of 633 mm (24.92 inches), and the 190/55ZR17 diameter is 649 mm (25.55 inches). That difference is 0.63 inches, and since the radius is the part that determines axle height, aka ride height, the difference is 0.315 inches. And since the rider sits about half-way between the mid point between the front and rear axles .. and the rear axle, the ride height with the 55 series tire would be about 0.236 inches (0.315 x 75%) higher than that of the 50 series tire. Less than 1/4".

Yep, you are absolutely right on.  And I knew this :)  It isn't much, but even 1/4" would be something like removing 20+% of my lowering efforts.  In my case, anyway, using a 55 would be bad- I can just barely manage the bike as it is.  Most people, not concerned with small height gain, can focus on the positive effect of having a likely more accurate speedometer, and some people claim the bike handles better.  Those that do- it would be interesting to know if dropping the front by 1/3" has the same effect with a 50 tire.