Author Topic: PR4's arrived and installed!!  (Read 24384 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: PR4's arrived and installed!!
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »
Thanks!!!!  Wow- not only in stock, but the lowest prices I have seen yet (by a several dollars).   I had never heard of the company before.  I just placed the order.
Max, after all the ragging on you to change the tires, we'll be needing a ride report. Did you go with the 55 rear?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Max, after all the ragging on you to change the tires, we'll be needing a ride report.

Oh, do expect one.  Not sure how fair it will be, because the front tire is now pretty scary so it would be comparing a really screwed up end-of-life tire to a nice new one.  I have a feeling since this install is tied to the TPS drama, it might be quite a while before it is finished.

Did you go with the 55 rear?

Absolutely not!  I can't have ANY raising of the bike, even if it is a little.... it is hard enough to deal with right now!!  But for those not leg-length challenged, it is probably a good option, since it would at least correct the speedometer.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:39 PM »
Thanks!!!!  Wow- not only in stock, but the lowest prices I have seen yet (by a several dollars).   I had never heard of the company before.  I just placed the order.

Yay!  That was fast!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline coachmajor

• Ride hard, ride safe
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
Had the TPMS battery issue on mine.  Thought I'd swing some swing a deal on tire-change labor while they were dealing with the TPMS issue.  Bought the tires at the dealer for 180+110.  I thought this was a decent price based on revzilla and motorcycle-superstore prices.  They didn't charge labor on the tire change.

I have nothing to compare these to except stock.  But what a difference all the way around.  Great tire! Akin to going from stock to the Metz on my M109r.
2009 Kawasaki C14, 3300 miles but now that I own her, climbing fast.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2014, 06:14:36 PM »
After seemingly forever, I got the bike back from the dealer after work (with both TPS replaced and the new PR4's installed).  After some chores, I took it out for a test ride, about 40 miles.  HOLY MOTHER.  I can't believe how scary my tires had become before.   What a PLEASURE to drive now... I had completely forgotten.  It is truly amazing how we can become accustomed to really horrible situations.  The previous front tire was so strangely worn on the OEM Bridgestones, I never knew what it was going to do and riding was a constant, frustrating fight.  Wanting to fall over, or not being able to turn, or partially through a turn wanting to change direction.  Even just lane changes were a chore.

Now I have to be careful- my confidence jumped so high, I am going a lot faster.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
All together now.... We told you so!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
All together now.... We told you so!

:P

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »
Have my tire changing stuff on Order, Bought my tire balancer today, and picking up the tire install lube tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll get them on this weekend!!! =D
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
FINALLY got mine installed today!!!!

Front went on well, didn't balance the first 3,827,372 trys, replaced the bearings on the balancer with some quality skateboard bearings, and bingo! Balanced first try.

Rear was mounted and balanced in under 30 minutes.

Quite happy!

A huge thanks to my friend Damon (pictured) for the assistance!
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »