Author Topic: Thorn between Arabian red or Black C14.  (Read 15218 times)

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
Thorn between Arabian red or Black C14.
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »
 Tomorrow, i'm buying a 2012 C14. I'm in Canada, The first dealer i went had a 2012 Black for 14995 CAD$ including T&P,  the exchange price for my DL1000 wasn't good, then this other dealer went down to 14695 for an Arabian Red 2012 and a better offer for my exchange, but today i was able to sold the DL1000 by my self at even a better rate, and the first dealer called me back and offer me the black C14 for 13995$. I had put a deposit on the second offer, but i now will have to make them match the lowest offer or i will have to cancel them.! Are they really on their knees  or may i still have some play? Is the Arabian red (what a name for wine ruby..) harder to sell or is the black really the fastest? I am a bit confused here. I don't want to be the aggressive party here, it's the first dealer that started a war.. And the second one try to play on my feelings..  I know  it's my hard earned money at play and i will considerate any advice here! 
Rationality have no place around bikes.

Offline TJ

Re: Thorn between Arabian red or Black C14.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
Your money, your choice. But I bet there were way more black one's built than that reddish brown color. I think the black would be easier to sell down the road.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »
Your money, your choice. But I bet there were way more black one's built than that reddish brown color. I think the black would be easier to sell down the road.
Thanks I did not took that into account but you make a good point!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
FWIW, I'm not partial to either color, but if those were my only two choices I would choose the red, so much easier to keep clean looking.  Either way, you will be ending up with a slower then Silverdammit bike ;D
But, if you are buying with the intent of selling down the road, the slow black bike would be my choice ;)

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
 :goodpost: Go BLACK!!  :stirpot:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »

Offline Locksmith

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
You know what they say...  Once you go black, you'll never go back.   Hmmm. I don't think that was about bikes. 

I had the same choice. Didn't like the red. Go black.

Offline udoggie

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
Mine is red.  My previous bike was black, and I wanted something different.

I think that the red is somewhat unusual, as depending on the lighting and angle, the color shifts, and I like that.

Black is just boring black  :chugbeer:

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:19 AM »
You should buy the color that you like best

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 05:04:44 AM »
You don't ride the color.  Both bikes are the same.  Get the one you can get for the least money.  Spend what you saved on Farkles or a road trip.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 05:14:33 AM »
Tomorrow, i'm buying a 2012 C14. I'm in Canada, The first dealer i went had a 2012 Black for 14995 CAD$ including T&P,  the exchange price for my DL1000 wasn't good, then this other dealer went down to 14695 for an Arabian Red 2012 and a better offer for my exchange, but today i was able to sold the DL1000 by my self at even a better rate, and the first dealer called me back and offer me the black C14 for 13995$. I had put a deposit on the second offer, but i now will have to make them match the lowest offer or i will have to cancel them.! Are they really on their knees  or may i still have some play? Is the Arabian red (what a name for wine ruby..) harder to sell or is the black really the fastest? I am a bit confused here. I don't want to be the aggressive party here, it's the first dealer that started a war.. And the second one try to play on my feelings..  I know  it's my hard earned money at play and i will considerate any advice here!

Ah, I see where your confusion stems from. Allow me to set you straight. Silverdammit is the fastest color.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 05:23:56 AM »
Thanks, for the answers! Funnily i had convinced myself i didn't hate the Red one under the sun., but now that i have the choice, I think i'll go wit the cheapest of both.. the black one. Also that there is no more matching red top case, my cloths are black, my helmet is silver and this dealer is nearest to my place... Unless of course they cut me yet a better deal on the red.. I'll let you guys know.  (These dealers guys are drama queens, i'm gonna have fun cancelling the deposit i made on the red, but in this economy, money talks loud.)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:49 AM »
I don't think I've ever bought anything based on colors.  I have rejected some.  Colors I won't buy anymore are black and white.  Black shows everything and I just don't like white.  I probably won't buy anything ZG Green or a glow type color.   It's just personal preference, that's all.  I think if it came to black or white and they were the same price I'd go with the black.  The Arabian Red is more of a deep maroon to me and just has no appeal at all so I think if it were me I'd go with the black if it were purely a color choice and not a significant difference in price.  I would also be looking at the respective service departments and customer service.  I would pay more to a dealer that had a good service department and I liked them rather than doing a bidding war on the bike, but that's me.  Good luck on your choice whatever it is.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 07:21:44 AM »
I don't think I've ever bought anything based on colors.

Me too. When I bought mine they had a black and a blue. I'm more partial to black but the blue was the ABS model so I went blue. Everything else being equal I would go black over red. Badass motorcycles should be black. 8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 07:34:43 AM »
Sigh....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
FWIW, I'm not partial to either color, but if those were my only two choices I would choose the red, so much easier to keep clean looking.  Either way, you will be ending up with a slower then Silverdammit bike ;D
But, if you are buying with the intent of selling down the road, the slow black bike would be my choice ;)
Does this guy seem confused to you too?  :loco:    :)

Badass motorcycles should be black. 8)
+1

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »
Most the bikes I see on the road are black... be different...  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »
Black is beautiful. Take a look a ZG's bike before it goes green.

My last bike:

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
If you don't mind a little extra cleaning/polishing and have no preference over the 2, go with black simply because aftermarket accessories will come in black and match the bike without painting. If you want something that's slightly unique and doesn't look like every other motorcycle, go with red.

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
 The red one dealer agreed to match the price after some hard, very fast negociation >:(, He even give a very good discount on the farkles i asked for. So I'm a new, proud owner of the Hotest C14, a brand new Arabian Red 2012, with Sliders, the bigest Cee-Baileys, and the Kawa GPS bracket for my Nuvi gps. And i have an undeletable grin already!  ;D Pics to come as soon as it get in my drive-way. Thanks guys!