Author Topic: Help In Choosing The Right Concours...  (Read 34804 times)

Offline YtseJam

Re: Help In Choosing The Right Concours...
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »

I rode down to Hollister in June to get fitted for a Corbin.  The difference is astonishing.

Definately on the to-do list, I'm about 2 hours away....the feeling is just starting to return.

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
Good on ya!  Glad to hear you got yerself a new scooter!

Appreciate it....I think I made the right choice!

Offline stormin

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
Some great information here. Thought I would check out the post since I was considering a used 2009 and an unsold 2011 (both black). Impressed with the changes in the post 10 and hopefully this coming tuesday make the two and a half hour trip to trade in my kawi 900 LT. Will see how me seat likes the Concours seat. Can not believe that it can be much worse than the LT.

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
The best advice I can give is take a lot of breaks, and take some aspirin before the trip.... ;D Best of luck, you'll love the bike!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2012, 05:20:08 AM »
When I bought my Concours I rode it 500 miles home and didn't think the seat was bad.  I does compress too much after riding for a couple hours, but does a great job at absorbing some bumps that the suspension doesn't absorb all the way.

When I sat on my friends bike with a corbin seat I felt that the seat was more a touring seat instead of a sport touring seat.  I sat me so upright that the bars would have to be pulled back 6 inches for me to be comfortable.  Made the bike feel more like a goldwing (which I tried and didn't like) 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »
Since the bike already has risers, that may work out pretty well!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2014, 03:38:51 PM »
Not in my opinion.  One of the most visible elements- the huge front fairings with their air vents is very different between gen1 and gen2 C14's.  I do like the gen2 fairing much more.  But the *other* "look" changes are pretty subtle (single tone seat, larger windshield, pannier paint, exhaust shield, different mirror position, muffler shape.)
I can't tell the difference in the mirrors from 09 to 2010 (looking at a picture) are they that subtle?
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
I believe that they are situated a bit higher than the 08/09 bikes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
I can't tell the difference in the mirrors from 09 to 2010 (looking at a picture) are they that subtle?

I don't know the exact height difference, but it is supposedly a few inches (which I believe would be significant).  You might not be able to tell from just looking at photos, however.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:53 AM »

The mirrors were raised because riders complained about seeing too much of the saddlebags in the mirrors.  The side effect (benefit) is more wind protection for the hands (if you don't use risers).
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077