Author Topic: Help In Choosing The Right Concours...  (Read 34822 times)

Offline YtseJam

Re: Help In Choosing The Right Concours...
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
Are you really ZG trolling with a different user name? ;D
Hmmmm..have you ever seen both of us in the same room? :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
LOL, you'll do.

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:05 PM »
Some reason I feel at home here..... ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Are you really ZG trolling with a different user name? ;D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Congrats YJ!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
Appreciate that...and thanks again for the help, although a little biased. ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
Appreciate that...and thanks again for the help, although a little biased. ;)

No worries bro, happy to help. Thanks for the pm's, hopefully I helped eliminate some of your other choices... (ie silverdammit  ;) )

;D ;D ;D   :stirpot:

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »

No worries bro, happy to help. Thanks for the pm's, hopefully I helped eliminate some of your other choices... (ie silverdammit  ;) )

;D ;D ;D   :stirpot:

Boy I really hate to encourage this.....think i'll just post a picture of a red one. ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:57 AM »

You have a point there.

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
BTW, looks like we settled on 10K....has risers, and brighter bulbs. Seemed like a good price....

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2012, 06:24:37 AM »
I personally like the features that came on my '12.  The mode button where the '08/'09 has the flash to pass button is very usefull.  I can cycle through the displays without having to take my hands off the bars.

I appreciate the linked brakes, traction control, and ABS since I ride in all weather conditions.

I like the factory heated grips since I ride all year round and various elevations.

I would have even paid extra $ if the bike had come equipped with factory cruise control.  Once you have had a bike with factory cruise control is it hard to ride long distance without it.  One less thing to take your attention away from the road and cagers around you.

I like the "econo" mode option that changes the fuel/air mixture for better fuel economy when I am "cruising/commuting/traveling". 

I don't really notice a difference in the look of the '08/'09 bikes from the '10+ bikes.  It is very subtle IMO.  If my budget was limited I would have picked up a RED '09 and been very happy.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
I don't really notice a difference in the look of the '08/'09 bikes from the '10+ bikes.  It is very subtle IMO.

Not in my opinion.  One of the most visible elements- the huge front fairings with their air vents is very different between gen1 and gen2 C14's.  I do like the gen2 fairing much more.  But the *other* "look" changes are pretty subtle (single tone seat, larger windshield, pannier paint, exhaust shield, different mirror position, muffler shape.)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »
Not in my opinion.  One of the most visible elements- the huge front fairings with their air vents is very different between gen1 and gen2 C14's.  I do like the gen2 fairing much more.  But the *other* "look" changes are pretty subtle (single tone seat, larger windshield, pannier paint, exhaust shield, different mirror position, muffler shape.)

+1, and the extra stickers on the front fender.  Can't forget those  :)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
+1, and the extra stickers on the front fender.  Can't forget those  :)

Those are actually the only ones I left (ABS/Traction, but I would guess those would be on the gen1 also, if it had that option).  Removed all the rest and put them inside the panniers.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
I am now the happy owner of a Black 2011 Concours. ;D The day started on a train heading north at 6:50 AM. Transferred to a bus at 9, finally arrived at the sellers a little after noon. After about an hour of the paperwork being taken care of, paying the man, and 30 minutes of telling me things about the bike I already knew, I was off for the 4 1/2 hour ride home...and I don't think I will do something like that again! Nothing in particular, just the entire ordeal was very long and hot and riding a bike I'm not familiar with for that long of a ride was probably pushing it. My initial impressions are that this thing is a blast! It's smooth, power to burn, and very stable. The seller added wedges that I'm not too sure I'll keep, I want to compare bar heights before I make any decisions, although an easy decision was made about an hour into the trip...the seat is CRAP! I'm certain with all the moving around I was doing, half the cagers thought I had a hemmoroid, and the other half tried to stay the hell away from me. I also know I want a different screen, maybe a pipe...although not hearing the whine of an exhaust for that length of time was kinda nice. And BTW ZG, I found a painter that will get rid of this black for me and paint it burgundy.... :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
Congrats on the bike. Sorry about the black.

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
Congrats on the bike. Sorry about the black.

Nothing a can of Krylon can't fix......

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
I am now the happy owner of a Black 2011 Concours. ;D The day started on a train heading north at 6:50 AM. Transferred to a bus at 9, finally arrived at the sellers a little after noon. After about an hour of the paperwork being taken care of, paying the man, and 30 minutes of telling me things about the bike I already knew, I was off for the 4 1/2 hour ride home...and I don't think I will do something like that again! Nothing in particular, just the entire ordeal was very long and hot and riding a bike I'm not familiar with for that long of a ride was probably pushing it.

Congrats.  I know I could not go through something like that!

My initial impressions are that this thing is a blast! It's smooth, power to burn, and very stable.

Indeed.  You will love it more, the more you ride it.

The seller added wedges that I'm not too sure I'll keep, I want to compare bar heights before I make any decisions, although an easy decision was made about an hour into the trip...the seat is CRAP! I'm certain with all the moving around I was doing, half the cagers thought I had a hemmoroid, and the other half tried to stay the hell away from me.

Well, my seat was replaced before I even rode it the first time (had to because I needed much lower).  I do like my Sargent and there are lots of nice options out there.

I also know I want a different screen, maybe a pipe...although not hearing the whine of an exhaust for that length of time was kinda nice.

Yeah, quiet *is* nice, for you and others too.  Plus, quieter= faster! :)

And BTW ZG, I found a painter that will get rid of this black for me and paint it burgundy.... :o

LOL

Offline YtseJam

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
I'm actually looking at the Corbin...the little back rest incorporated into the passenger seat would be nice! Regarding the exhaust, all my bikes have aftermarket ones, so this is a little different. If I do decide to go that route, it will be down the priority list....and thanks!

Offline Bert

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
I'm actually looking at the Corbin...the little back rest incorporated into the passenger seat would be nice! Regarding the exhaust, all my bikes have aftermarket ones, so this is a little different. If I do decide to go that route, it will be down the priority list....and thanks!

I rode down to Hollister in June to get fitted for a Corbin.  The difference is astonishing.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
Good on ya!  Glad to hear you got yerself a new scooter!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384