Author Topic: Correcting off-idle harsh-ness  (Read 11978 times)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Correcting off-idle harsh-ness
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »
try the rear brake trick, it helps (I don't know with the linked brakes, but with mine it helps).

The link breakes (2010-12) are un-linked at speeds below 12 mph.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline yellowrench

• COG #10485 2011 C14
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
With TRACTION CONTROL just turn it WFO coming out of turns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COG #10485                                                            2011 C14

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
My 2007 VFR800 was the snatchiest throttle I have ever dealt with. My fix for it was a fuel pressure regulator from the European Fireblade that runs at a higher PSI (35 to 46 if I remember right). The theory is that there is a tad more fuel coming out of the injectors than the bike is programed for therefore smoothing the transition. Kind of like altering the latency of the injectors by way of programming. It did help a bit.  The carbed SV650 I used to have had a very smooth transition, I imagine that with modern FI bikes it boils down to programming. Perhaps the ZX-14 runs a higher pressure regulator that is compatible with the connie's engine?
Agreed.... My 08 VFR was the same. No fun in tracfic for sure. My 09 with PC5 though is smooth as butter. PA roads are some of the worst in the nation and never had problems .... Not even the snatchy VFR.
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline Rasmith

• Lenexa KS
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 01:23:06 PM »
Im reading this thread with great interest as I've noticed the same thing, or what I call a "Zero Throttle Flat Spot"
I've noticed this taking off from a dead stop mainly. Typically I'm not at Zero throttle when riding however there has been a time or two that I needed to when correcting a miscalculation in cornering speed. (new the to c14, not bikes).

I've taken up the slop in in the cables which helped the mechanical part of this however I feel there is an issue on the ECU end of it and am leaning towards the PC3 to iron out the flatspot.

Not too sure about the throttle tamer as being my solution though
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red
2007 Vulcan Meanstreak 1600

Offline fsr402

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
My '08 has this same jerkiness right at the bottom. The only time I feel it though is if I'm rolling slow like in a parking lot. Very little twist makes her jump.
What has worked for me is that as long as I'm moving be it 1 mph or more I'm in 2nd gear. By running a gear higher I put it under more load and she is smooth.

Offline PH14

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
The link breakes (2010-12) are un-linked at speeds below 12 mph.

That is good to know. I didn't know that. It may change my mind regarding purchasing another C14 after I'm finished with my 2009.  :D I hate linked brakes when doing a full lock turn at low speeds.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »

(Quote from: The Pope on June 19, 2012, 11:54:03 am
The link breakes (2010-12) are un-linked at speeds below 12 mph)

That is good to know. I didn't know that. It may change my mind regarding purchasing another C14 after I'm finished with my 2009.  :D I hate linked brakes when doing a full lock turn at low speeds.

How are they unlinked? If it's mechanical could you not interrupt that function? And if it is computer controlled would that not be changeable with a reflash?