Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293883 times)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »
He's on the internet at work like most of the rest of us!!!  LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Conrad

« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »
He's on the internet at work like most of the rest of us!!!  LOL

But he's actually doing work related stuff, unlike most of the rest of us.   ;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2012, 09:38:55 AM »
Just think if we all worked with motorcycle stuff we might work a little more  :o

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
Wow you guys are awesome its a quick turn around time to answer questions. Thanks abunch.

No problem! When I'm not out back overseeing the work being done on the Concours I'm up in the front office answering the phones, helping customers, taking care of any IT issues, doing various "market research", as well as my normal day-to-day Safety Manager duties. The good thing about this though is the fact that most of it has to be done on the computer which gives me a good opportunity to reply to all of you guys in a timely manner!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »
I'm not sure I want to wait until the 2008-2009 bars are totally done before starting the Group Buy as that's going to be at least 6-8 weeks from now. I may just begin the Group Buy when we finish the 2010-2012 model

+1  No need to keep people waiting!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
+1  No need to keep people waiting!

Precisely! Also, this way, people with the 2008-2009 model can get in on the Group Buy but their bars just won't ship until they're done going through production! I think this would be the best way to do the Group Buy so everyone, regardless of generation, can get in on the savings!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »
Just as long as we get to see how they look and perform on the 08/09s beforehand. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
Just as long as we get to see how they look and perform on the 08/09s beforehand.

For sure! Timing is going to be a bit tricky and the Group Buy will be started before the 2008-2009 bars will be done but I'm going to allow it to run long enough that we get the 2008/2009 bars designed before the Group Buy ends. That way you guys can at least see them before placing the order. You can expect them to perform precisely like the bars for the 2010-2012, though. However, we'll be going through the same process for the 2008/2009s as we did with the 2010-2012 bikes so you guys will be able to keep up with the process and progress.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
Ship the first set to Conrad so we can see him do the right side centerstand thing. ::)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »
Ship the first set to Conrad so we can see him do the right side centerstand thing. ::)

HAH!!!

:o

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »

LOL!!!!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »
Pictures ...   :popcorn:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

I like the way you think Gary.    :)

Offline Huero

« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
I cannot wait for the 08'-09' bars!!""

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
I think you should run a second group buy for the 08/09 bars when they are done.  You may also pick up some guys that missed the 10/12 buy too.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
Well, I'd send a check today for a cage that won't be ready for a coupla monyhs, if nothing else then the superior support we have been witnessing since the start of this thread.  I did the same for my AreaP full.  Worth the wait.  I do hope the 1st gen bars follow the lines of version #8, but, short of bathroom bars I'm willing to trust Ryans judgement.  I haven't decided if I will get a set for the rear as I only/generally ride with them on when I'm touring.  I figure a drop at speed means major damage regardless of what she's wearing for protection.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #496 on: April 17, 2012, 03:50:23 AM »
A quick comment about the rear bars.

I had a lady last week to hit me from the side. All thou this was still just a minor tap (she had slammed on her breakes and only pushed me about 6" sidewase) and I didn't go down. The rear bar kept her bumper from crushing my leg between it and my bike. It also protected my bag which I'm 100% confidant that it would have been damaged if the rear bar wasn't there.

I guess my point is ..... the bars do more than just protect the bike if/when it goes over. They protect the rider as well.  ;)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #497 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:54 AM »
Well, I'd send a check today for a cage that won't be ready for a coupla monyhs, if nothing else then the superior support we have been witnessing since the start of this thread.  I did the same for my AreaP full.  Worth the wait.  I do hope the 1st gen bars follow the lines of version #8, but, short of bathroom bars I'm willing to trust Ryans judgement.  I haven't decided if I will get a set for the rear as I only/generally ride with them on when I'm touring. I figure a drop at speed means major damage regardless of what she's wearing for protection.
The backs are extremely easy to install/remove.
Too true. But they will give vital time for separation between me and the 650 pound chunk of metal and plastic that used to be my motorcycle. :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #498 on: April 17, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »
Pope, Pink, good thoughts to ponder, thanks :)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #499 on: April 17, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
I think you should run a second group buy for the 08/09 bars when they are done.  You may also pick up some guys that missed the 10/12 buy too.

I was thinking about that at first but they'll be so close together I was really hoping to lump them into one fat group buy if at all possible. If it's too confusing to lump them together then I'll just do them separately so nobody gets confused on which bars they're ordering. After all, it may take us longer than expected to get the bars fit up to an '08/'09. Perhaps doing it separately is the best way.

Well, I'd send a check today for a cage that won't be ready for a coupla monyhs, if nothing else then the superior support we have been witnessing since the start of this thread.  I did the same for my AreaP full.  Worth the wait.  I do hope the 1st gen bars follow the lines of version #8, but, short of bathroom bars I'm willing to trust Ryans judgement.  I haven't decided if I will get a set for the rear as I only/generally ride with them on when I'm touring.  I figure a drop at speed means major damage regardless of what she's wearing for protection.

Yea, I'd wait off on sending the check just yet. It's still a bit early. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as the Group Buy starts so you can start getting payment arranged at that time. I'm really happy you guys are excited for these bars, though!

I had a lady last week to hit me from the side. All thou this was still just a minor tap (she had slammed on her breakes and only pushed me about 6" sidewase) and I didn't go down. The rear bar kept her bumper from crushing my leg between it and my bike. It also protected my bag which I'm 100% confidant that it would have been damaged if the rear bar wasn't there.

I guess my point is ..... the bars do more than just protect the bike if/when it goes over. They protect the rider as well.  ;)

Oh wow! That is pretty incredible. I haven't heard a story quite like that before. Those rear bars really are a great addition for how small and relatively inexpensive they are. I'm glad to hear you're okay, though! It sounds like that situation could have just as easily turned out not so good.