Author Topic: Pulled the battery out yesterday.  (Read 10201 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Pulled the battery out yesterday.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
I don't use a battery tender and I don't get crap on the terminals.

Yes you do.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
^^^^^^^CLASSIC^^^^^^^
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
I use a tender too Poke, still got the crap on the neg post.

Might be due to living in the crappy communist state of Illinois. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

You could be right, our illustrious ex govenor got crap all over everything.  :'(

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »

'crappy and communist' .....  Come on Poke.  Let's not call other people's states names.  Last time I looked we didn't have any communist regimes in the US.  I don't know about the crappy part.   ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
                                                  No, I don't.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »
                                                  No, I don't.

Yes, you do.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
You win.  I surrender.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
You win.  I surrender.

Oooh!!!  Me! Me!!!!  I get to be VirginiaJim!!!!!!!!!

"Let's all keep try to keep on topic, now.  This is about batteries in the Concours..."
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »

"Let's all keep try to keep on topic, now.  This is about batteries in the Concours..."

Drunk before 5:00 I see, just like...     ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »

Thanks, Guvner.  This drinking early has got to stop.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »
Yes you do.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I love that clip!  :thumbs:

Offline JerBear

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
'crappy and communist' .....  Come on Poke.  Let's not call other people's states names.  Last time I looked we didn't have any communist regimes in the US.  I don't know about the crappy part.   ;)

I can't speak for all of Illinois but I have been known to say when driving on the toll roads >:( "If Illinois didn't suck so bad, the Mississippi river would flow north!"

I happen to live near Wisconsin Dells and we are overwhelmed almost every summer by FIB's (That stands for Fine Illinois Brethren)  ;)
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »
I can't speak for all of Illinois but I have been known to say when driving on the toll roads >:( "If Illinois didn't suck so bad, the Mississippi river would flow north!"

I happen to live near Wisconsin Dells and we are overwhelmed almost every summer by FIB's (That stands for Fine Illinois Brethren)  ;)

The commander in chief has too many roots there, and they are anti-gun which doesn't sit well with me. Seems the Constitution doesnt apply there, and the weather makes battery terminals corrode. :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:33 AM »
The commander in chief has too many roots there, and they are anti-gun which doesn't sit well with me. Seems the Constitution doesnt apply there, and the weather makes battery terminals corrode. :o

At least the weather hasn't made any of my guns corrode.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »
Let's back on semi-topic, fellas....  Battery issues?

Offline Tim

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 01:04:14 AM »
Ahem.....I inspected my battery today after reading this post last week. I found everything was fine. Only issue I had was, I could not find the manual to reset the clock. I have a warranty replacement battery in place which was switched out 2 years ago. I think some gorilla tightened the bolts on the battery tray though.   :yikes:
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline JamminJere

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »
I still had my original battery in my bike from 7/07 until last fall. I have 72,000 miles on my bike and have used a battery tender since day one.  I started noticing that while on a trip, and off the tender, the bike seemed to crank slower before starting.  Also, even though i did the anti-backfire on deceleration mod successfully years ago, on decel on long hills, especially in 3rd or 4th gears, i was getting a loud backfire at times... I had just serviced the bike all connections were gone over on the battery, frame, and power commander.  I found nothing loose or corroded.

I decided to be proactive and change out the battery before any real cold winter riding.  Not only did the bike crank faster and start easier, when it jumped to life, it idled smoother at 1100rpms, seemed crisper with fuel delivery, and my backfire issue dissapeared.  The C14 is a very electronic motorcycle..  If you still are running the OEM battery after 4+ years, do yourself a favor and change out the battery. Odd things happen to batteries over time, keep your bike running at its best. 

JJ
There really isn't much different between the masses... and them asses..