Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86924 times)

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
Re: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »
I would be interested in finding out what the final count and what was ordered from this buy. It would be nice to see what others chose.

I like to see the final result as well. Ryan, can you do us a favor and let us know. Thanks.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »
Well, to tell you the truth, she was facing the other direction at the time and I couldn't see her face...    ;)
I think you two need more mirrors.  ;) 8)  nudge nudge wink wink ..say no more eh?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2012, 04:59:21 AM »
I think you two need more mirrors.  ;) 8)  nudge nudge wink wink ..say no more eh?

Ahem, the canopy of the bed is mirrored.    :-X
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »
 - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2012, 05:03:39 AM »
OMG, hurry up :)

Ok Max, keep your helmet on. I'll get you some pics.    :D

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline farrider2

« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
Thanks MCEnterprise – fast shipping - received the guards in 8 days total (to Canada). Installed them last night and they fit great. Great group buy. Thanks again Ryan.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:08 AM »
Hey everyone! Thanks again for all of the participation, this group buy was an awesome success for us and I sincerely hope you all enjoy your guards! As of now all orders have been shipped except for three. Those three who have not left yet are: TM - 15535, DF - 18037, and TM - 44241. If any of you would like a tracking number for your order, just send me a PM on here or email me and I'll send that over to you!

Here are the final counts for those interested:
  • 38 Total Participants
  • 2 sets of black fronts for the 2008-2009
  • 7 sets of black rears for the 2008-2009
  • 13 sets of black fronts for the 2010-2012
  • 21 sets of black rears for the 2010-2012
  • 1 set of chrome rears for the 2010-2012

If any of you are interested in the Canyon Cage style that we're working on, be sure to visit the Canyon Cage discussion on this forum! We're getting a bike in on Tuesday to begin working on so that thread will be frequently updated with photos as we design and manufacture the bar. I'd like to get input as we build the bar so we can make changes as we're working on it instead of having to back-track once the product is finished. Also, for those of you who participated in this group buy (and particularly those who bought a front set) if you're interested in buying a set of the Canyon Cage bars once they're done we'll definitely give you a great deal!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
WOW, 38 buyers, a successful group buy indeed!!  :thumbs:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »
1 set of chrome rears for the 2010-2012

Really, chrome. I bet he has those wife beater shirts too...  :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
OMG, hurry up :)

Here you go Max. I did these real quick this morn for you. The plywood that I used wasn't a full sheet and it didn't quite reach both tires the way I wanted and it's a bit bowed. Plus the lighting wasn't great either and I used my cell camera. I'll pull out a full sheet over the weekend and get some better lit pics.

After all the disclaimers above... 

From what I can tell, the lower black plastic could take a slight hit in a drop but the colored bits, bags, and mirror look to be safe.

(ignore the Amsoil sticker on my sled trailer, it was on there when I bought it  lol)

[smg id=206]

[smg id=207]

[smg id=208]

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Thanks for the pics! Looks like that lower is hitting for sure C...

Mounting up some Top Block sliders would fix that for ya though!  ;)   :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Thanks for the pics! Looks like that lower is hitting for sure C...

Mounting up some Top Block sliders would fix that for ya though!  ;)   :thumbs:

I'm thinking of just covering the bike with bubble wrap or maybe the stuff they make the black boxes for planes out of. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
Here you go Max. I did these real quick this morn for you. The plywood that I used wasn't a full sheet and it didn't quite reach both tires the way I wanted and it's a bit bowed. Plus the lighting wasn't great either and I used my cell camera. I'll pull out a full sheet over the weekend and get some better lit pics.

After all the disclaimers above... 

From what I can tell, the lower black plastic could take a slight hit in a drop but the colored bits, bags, and mirror look to be safe.

Thanks so much for the effort.  It looks like the plywood doesn't even touch the GSG in either the first or third photo :(   I agree that the front-lower (black) fairing is going to hit pretty hard and deform before touching the GSG, and once touching, the front-upper fairings, mirrors, and probably the shifters/pedals are safe.  The McE rears look to be a nice, solid touch-point.  I can't tell from the pics, but I suspect they will not only protect the bags, but the exhaust and swing arms too.

Tough decisions about the GSG.  I see their value in helping to protect the bike, but so far, they don't seem to live up to expectations....

If you want to post more pics (higher res, more light/flash, more angles, larger sheet), I am certainly very interested (as are probably some other people).  I would encourage uploading to the forum instead of linking, so they are permanent, and probably posting or cross-posting in one of the GSG threads for future posterity.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »
I'll get my good camera out and snap some better pics. The pics above are uploaded to the forum. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
I'll get my good camera out and snap some better pics.

Great

The pics above are uploaded to the forum.

Ug- they must have "updated" the forum software to use all the annoying javascript viewer crud!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »

Ug- they must have "updated" the forum software to use all the annoying javascript viewer crud!

Scroll up to the top of the page, see the Media button? Clickit

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
dang, out of 35 orders mine were one of the three that didn't get shipped....  Hopefully i'll do better on the mega millions   ::)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2012, 04:29:10 AM »
dang, out of 35 orders mine were one of the three that didn't get shipped....  Hopefully i'll do better on the mega millions   ::)

Sorry, I bought the winning ticket last night. Oh well. I'll buy you a beer, how's that?

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »
Sorry, I bought the winning ticket last night. Oh well. I'll buy you a beer, how's that?

More than a man could ask for!  Prost! :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

What about me? I like beer...