Author Topic: Washington State Connie lover  (Read 7595 times)

Offline Chungus

Washington State Connie lover
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »
Hi all i am a new member with a newly purchased 2008 concours.  I was wondering what kind of oil i should put in her...... just kidding!
I am glad to be a part of an elite group of motorcycle owners. ;D look forward to the chats.

Offline Tim

Re: Washington State Connie lover
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »
Hi all i am a new member with a newly purchased 2008 concours.  I was wondering what kind of oil i should put in her...... just kidding!
I am glad to be a part of an elite group of motorcycle owners. ;D look forward to the chats.

First welcome to the Forum and congrats on a great bike. Heck with the chats....lets ride! There is an active PNW COG group. The Bun Cooler is June 1. This is a great get together with good food and 77 miles of winding road. So now the question is West side or Gods side?
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:25 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
First welcome to the Forum and congrats on a great bike. Heck with the chats....lets ride! There is an active PNW COG group. The Bun Cooler is June 1. This is a great get together with good food and 77 miles of winding road. So now the question is West side or Gods side?
AKA Wet side or Dry side ;D  Welcome aboard!!  Where are ya located at?  I'm wondering if it's the Bremerton/Silverdale area?  I have seen 2 of the vastly quicker Silver '08s lately, once they were only 2 minutes apart!  I'm in Port Orchard so if your'e thinking of any farkles I have plenty to gawk at.  Drop a PM if your'e interested, my days are pretty open at the moment.

Offline dirt_biker

• The only way to ride and I Love it! (C14)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
Wecome from S.E Washington (Pasco) :)
2009 Concours 14, Full AreaP, PCV, Autotune, and BMC air filter, Flies out, Corbin Seat & Trunk, 2" Risers, Garmin 450 GPS, DKW Sound, Rosta CC, PR2's, CB ultra touring   Shield. These are the other rides I have now.  76 KZ900, 98 KX500, 06 CR450R, 75 CR250M, 04 Vforce 700, 09 KFX450r

Offline 2010rider

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
We should try a get together ride this summer. 

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
We should try a get together ride this summer.
True that!!  I'm gonna do my best to make the bun burner this year, Tim needs a lesson on what a Silver bike can do ;D

Offline Chungus

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »
lol I am on the soggy side of the state near the good ol town of Bremerton. I look forward to riding with you guys! ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
lol I am on the soggy side of the state near the good ol town of Bremerton. I look forward to riding with you guys! ;D
Well, howdy do neighbor!!  You wouldnt happen to work out at Bangor would ya?

Offline Chungus

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
i work at psns sometimes I head to bangor for work

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
Pappy retired out of the industrial engineering shop, which is long gone as I hear it.   My buddy retired as a riger foreman/crane operator.  Me?  SK Class of '81, joined the Army, spent 20+ years and know I'm back home, but hopefully not much longer, looking forward to building my dream retirement cabin on the dry side just outside of Orroville and above Wannacut Lake.  Offer an open one, we could meet up somewhere or your welcome to come here, shop, tools, air, beer in the fridge, and a lake if ya like fishing.

Offline Tim

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »
True that!!  I'm gonna do my best to make the bun burner this year, Tim needs a lesson on what a Silver bike can do ;D

I plan on the bun burner too. You can show me all you want about how fast your color is all you want, but I'm not planning on receiving a performance evaluation.   :stirpot: And you know lo Lo has it's resident evaluator.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
I plan on the bun burner too. You can show me all you want about how fast your color is all you want, but I'm not planning on receiving a performance evaluation.   :stirpot: And you know lo Lo has it's resident evaluator.
Yep, and no squid like behavior on my/our part.  Heck, we'll do a bike swap :)

Offline 2010rider

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
Pappy retired out of the industrial engineering shop, which is long gone as I hear it.   My buddy retired as a riger foreman/crane operator.  Me?  SK Class of '81, joined the Army, spent 20+ years and know I'm back home, but hopefully not much longer, looking forward to building my dream retirement cabin on the dry side just outside of Orroville and above Wannacut Lake.  Offer an open one, we could meet up somewhere or your welcome to come here, shop, tools, air, beer in the fridge, and a lake if ya like fishing.

Hey my dad was a lifer, 30 years in the army.  He's had a good retirement and I hope you have one too.

Offline Tim

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 03:29:47 AM »
Yep, and no squid like behavior on my/our part.  Heck, we'll do a bike swap :)

Okie dokie, How's the ZX throttle bodies working out? Cheater...... :-*

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »
So far so good.  I need to get a long run to really get a good idea of how they will act, but so far so good ;D

Offline Tim

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
Well, I guess we need to get Chungas and some others out to the Bun Cooler. But I know you will have gone on a nice long ride before then. It would be neat if we could meet up and ride in together.

Right now, I'm tapping a foot wanting to ride. But the weather just isn't helping me any. I had the Z out the other day when the temp hit 50.  I was impressed with the old gal as she had sat all winter with a dry gas system. Dumped a half gallon of gas in, set the choke hit the starter button and within 2 rev's of the crank, she fired right up. After a stop at the gas pump, we went for a short 50 mile ride.

It helped some.  I'm ready for spring.  :banghead:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 07:17:05 AM »
+10 on the Spring thingy :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »
+10 on the Spring thingy :)

Me too.  The weather has been totally whacky.  For example, it was *82* degrees here on Friday!  In Winter!  I left work and got home all excited.... great riding opportunity.  Then it started getting dark with the severe storm warning and tornado watch.   Ug.   Then the temps plummeted into the 40's again.

I *can* ride when it is in the 40's, but it just isn't pleasant.  Takes so long to put on all the extra layers and wires and such and I end up feeling like an un-moving blimp AND the cold still creeps in.   And rain-  NO THANKS!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc