Author Topic: Washington State Connie lover  (Read 7578 times)

Offline Chungus

Re: Washington State Connie lover
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
I here ya I wanted to ride to work today but with the temps in the min 30s and new tires i opted out for today. :(

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
Welcome from federal way.  I commute everyday with the c14. Get er done.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline okxd45

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Pappy retired out of the industrial engineering shop, which is long gone as I hear it.   My buddy retired as a riger foreman/crane operator.  Me?  SK Class of '81, joined the Army, spent 20+ years and know I'm back home, but hopefully not much longer, looking forward to building my dream retirement cabin on the dry side just outside of Orroville and above Wannacut Lake.  Offer an open one, we could meet up somewhere or your welcome to come here, shop, tools, air, beer in the fridge, and a lake if ya like fishing.

I just checked out some pics from the Lake Wannacut area. Absolutely beautiful! I'm envious! :P
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
I just checked out some pics from the Lake Wannacut area. Absolutely beautiful! I'm envious! :P
I'll have a "Shed"  ;) ;) built next month, the second floor will have a nice living space, complete with shower and throne.  Downstairs is toy storage and maintanance area.  Power will be run so fridge will be well stocked with adult beverages and the grill will be in full use.  I like company and never say no to a fellow rider, besides I can always use extra muscle ;)  I have a lake al set to fis, nice trout, early season the fish are still firm and great tasting.  Late season they head down and continue growing.  There are also turtles, never had turtle soup, but there is always a first.  Fresh turkey, and maybe fresh venison.  Regadless, a good time for all and if you are into dirt I will have the KLR and YZ450F on hand, and a 3 and 4 wheeler as well.  Lots to see and do.   Camp fire at night to share the days adventures and maybe some adult beverages.  When the shed is done there will be room to hold 4-6 extras, so all are welcome, if ya plan on making a trip lets decide a date-s and where to link up...  There are some really nice roads in the area, Tim should know which would offer the most diversity.  So, there it is, throw out dates that work, I'll host the event and the local rides, maybe Tim for other rides.  I'll lock in dates based on the most common time frame and work out the details as things progress.  If anyone is interested in a little DS or dirt riding we can do that as well, do a few little drills and off we go.  my email is mainsdoghouse @ msnDOTcom  I'm thinking late June, early July would be a good time, much earlier and a lot of the mountin above will be covered in white stuff, which would be fine on a DS for those willing to ride the snow.  It would be an awesome chance to see what we call the top of the world and some orchards from the top.  Awesome pics all along the route.

Whos in?  If those dates don't work, we can come up with something else.  I'm up there several times during the year so all we are missing is a link point.

Chet

Offline 2010rider

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
Weather just sucks this weekend, Snow, Ice....
And my two kids are getting cabin fever!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
Weather just sucks this weekend, Snow, Ice....
And my two kids are getting cabin fever!

Wow- what is that old thing on the right??  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline okxd45

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
I'll have a "Shed"  ;) ;) built next month, the second floor will have a nice living space, complete with shower and throne.  Downstairs is toy storage and maintanance area.  Power will be run so fridge will be well stocked with adult beverages and the grill will be in full use.  I like company and never say no to a fellow rider, besides I can always use extra muscle ;)  I have a lake al set to fis, nice trout, early season the fish are still firm and great tasting.  Late season they head down and continue growing.  There are also turtles, never had turtle soup, but there is always a first.  Fresh turkey, and maybe fresh venison.  Regadless, a good time for all and if you are into dirt I will have the KLR and YZ450F on hand, and a 3 and 4 wheeler as well.  Lots to see and do.   Camp fire at night to share the days adventures and maybe some adult beverages.  When the shed is done there will be room to hold 4-6 extras, so all are welcome, if ya plan on making a trip lets decide a date-s and where to link up...  There are some really nice roads in the area, Tim should know which would offer the most diversity.  So, there it is, throw out dates that work, I'll host the event and the local rides, maybe Tim for other rides.  I'll lock in dates based on the most common time frame and work out the details as things progress.  If anyone is interested in a little DS or dirt riding we can do that as well, do a few little drills and off we go.  my email is mainsdoghouse @ msnDOTcom  I'm thinking late June, early July would be a good time, much earlier and a lot of the mountin above will be covered in white stuff, which would be fine on a DS for those willing to ride the snow.  It would be an awesome chance to see what we call the top of the world and some orchards from the top.  Awesome pics all along the route.

Whos in?  If those dates don't work, we can come up with something else.  I'm up there several times during the year so all we are missing is a link point.

Chet

That would be so incredible! Let be be the first to say thank you for the offer! :) Unfortunately, the job and the budget won't allow it yet. Hopefully next year. Whoever goes must post pics!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline 2010rider

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »
Wow- what is that old thing on the right??  :)

1975 CB750F (first year for the F series).  Bought it used in 76, it still has the original paint.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Welcome from federal way.  I commute everyday with the c14. Get er done.

Im with you there minus the federal way woodinville thing.  Black 09 commuter FTW.  Damn she needs a bath  ;D