Author Topic: Battle of the CANS!  (Read 26606 times)

MGvalerio

Re: Battle of the CANS!
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
Bazzuca GTR 1400 MY 2007 modified..sound

http://youtu.be/YoVUID-MmS8

MGvalerio. 8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:01:08 AM by MGvalerio »

Offline Toaster

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
I have had a few winter projects for my 09. I shortened the OVER size can. I took 6" off the can and 9" off the interior of the baffling (you can see through the muffler now).  I installed heated grips and heat shields.  I am also going to install a cruise control, think it will be the Rostra.
I have not run the bike on the road since I shorten the can, but it looks a lot better and has a nice mellow sound when running.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
^^^^^^now you just have a smaller turd^^^^^^^^^ ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
You're right, we wouldn't want to confuse things with the facts.

:)

Nope, lots of people just "know" what is true and there is no telling them otherwise.  I would throw "Loud pipes save lives" in the category of religion.

And most people are just not logical or analytical.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cuda

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
"Nope, lots of people just "know" what is true and there is no telling them otherwise.  I would throw "Loud pipes save lives" in the category of religion.

And most people are just not logical or analytical."
[/quote]
Now your going to start a fire storm , your going to HELL --
I'll see you there,  12 years of Roman Catholic education down the ..... ::)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline KawiG

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
My Pipe will go too 11...never heard anyone complain about a quiet motorcycle...I'll just consider MY airbag as being manufactured by Two Bros..People don't hear quiet stuff...but volume speaks volume! When I'm in a crowd of snow birds on 95 I will intentionally go down a couple gears!! In environments where sound is louder than normal I will be quiet!!! as possible. There are noise regulations for a reason!!!!! People hear noise...no further investigation necessary! If people have the right to drive at 85 I have the right to be LOUD! IF it's Too Loud you're too OLD! hello Cleveland.
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Bazzuca GTR 1400 MY 2007 modified..sound

http://youtu.be/YoVUID-MmS8

MGvalerio. 8)
Nice throttle control....squeezing it like a grape.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
Loud pipes "save lives" <----- another high performance Hardly-Ableson claim far from truth.  The overwhelming data and statistics, combined with just a little common sense dispel the madness 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline KawiG

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »
Common sense ain't that common...when you scare someone do you say..boo!!! Or BOO! Common sense!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
This is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken.  It was located at the turnout for the overlook on the Dragon.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »
This is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken.  It was located at the turnout for the overlook on the Dragon.

That is also common sense...agree with it too!!!

Offline KawiG

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
Thank god for all the sound deadening material put in my Acura RL..it helps block the noise I wouldn't be able to hear otherwise. And who needs ear protection at the shooting range... ::) NOISE GETS NOTICED..if it helps or not who knows...but a lot of sniper victims don't like silencers...I'm sure of that! But I guess you could find those who would disagree..... :-\ Snipers in the military would be much safer if they were louder...agreed???  I'm sure there must be a lot of law makers riding bikes..not driving to work in there sound proof mercedes...the only thing they heard on the way to work was a couple Harleys...and they need to put a stop to that!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
I just returned home from a estimate , yes it's dark out, as I pull up  this 20 something guy  is waiting for me , COVERED in tatoos,  says is that a 250 , no, a 350,  no  It's SOOO QUIET he says ,
 It 's a 1400 Kaw , NO WAY , WAY ;D
Not sure if loud pipes saves lives , but it sure makes you MACHO
A 250 huh ......... maybe I'll get that Leo Vince ::)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline KawiG

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
I just returned home from a estimate , yes it's dark out, as I pull up  this 20 something guy  is waiting for me , COVERED in tatoos,  says is that a 250 , no, a 350,  no  It's SOOO QUIET he says ,
 It 's a 1400 Kaw , NO WAY , WAY ;D
Not sure if loud pipes saves lives , but it sure makes you MACHO
A 250 huh ......... maybe I'll get that Leo Vince ::)
  just run a straight pipe...it is just a 250 ya know!

Offline KawiG

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
Macho is a good thing....right??? I am close to deaf, so I like my bikes a little louder so I can appreciate the...sound! But I guess that makes me wrong.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

Love it!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Common sense ain't that common...when you scare someone do you say..boo!!! Or BOO! Common sense!

If you ask me, scaring people driving deadly weapons is probably not a great idea, either :)

Offline KawiG

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »
If you ask me, scaring people driving deadly weapons is probably not a great idea, either :)
We all assume we all can hear good!!!! Put in some earplugs...then put on some earmuffs...then some real dark sunglasses....add some sound proofing to your car, place the steering wheel at eye level...turn on the radio"at low volume"...and then give me three good reasons why you should be allowed on the road! Quit worrying about the loud bikes and worry about the things that are common sense! Don't worry about the teens that shouldn't be allowed to drive with their phones in the car...or the moms with four kids in their car...or the trucker making a deadline..or....or....or...a loud bike passes by quickly in retrospect! I would rather increase my chances of being heard or seen...after all the "Scientists" saying noise don't keep you safe, don't believe in God.....and may God be with ya!

Offline KawiG

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
 ;) We are all here for the "SAME" reason right...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »
Macho is a good thing....right??? I am close to deaf, so I like my bikes a little louder so I can appreciate the...sound! But I guess that makes me wrong.

:rotflmao:

See ya down at the Y bro...  ;)