Author Topic: Battle of the CANS!  (Read 25930 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Battle of the CANS!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah Booooooooooy!!!!!!!

:rotflmao:

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
vance and hines looks and sounds the best in my opinion.   

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
+1
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline KawiG

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

Was a collaboration between the 2. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah Booooooooooy!!!!!!!
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2012, 07:44:31 PM »
could always go this route...lightest on the market
http://youtu.be/KjwDof-leq4
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

:o

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »

once more it is proved that there's no replacement for displacement...  8)

BTW, in one of the videos it was shown the LeoVince, and I was surprised how similar it sounds and looks to my Remus Hexacone. Identical, to be honest, except for the sticker, which is even in the same location. Me thinks...
BTW 2, most of these cans are street legal here in Europe. What is definitely illegal (in Germany at least) is the Power Commander  :-\
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:56:31 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

MGvalerio

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
Taglio al finale meno15cm e non entriamo nel corpo silenziatore,rimettiamo il coperchio che ora fa da camera di risonanza,e non abbiamo variato un bel niente....vedi AVATAR:

MGvalerio. :)

Offline W14

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
Had my two brothers (the loud one) installed a couple days ago.  It has a deep growl at idle, bringing out the sound on the big engine. When accelerating, it is loud (in a good way) but not obnoxious as described by some - I drove up on some men eating outdoors at a restaurant and to my surprise the sound of my bike did not turn heads, just don't rev it. It also is not particularly loud at interstate speeds and does not turn heads as I was hoping it would - a safety factor, as I have had too many drivers cut in front of me because they did not realize I was there.

I like the two brothers and I have gotten positive feedback from sports-car and motorcycle enthusiats but it is not for those who want a quiet pipe.

BTW, the pipe was installed by an official state inspection station, so what is street legal depends on the  laws in the state and/or locality in which you live or ride.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
I haven't read through this whole thread, but if the Area P families' product has been mentioned then the battle is over
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Makz58

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
After some research I went with the AreaP should be here this week...I also looked at Remus and LeoV but much more $$$$$.  Not that the $$ was the deciding factor...you US folks are lucky to have easy access, free shipping and good pricing for the the after market exhaust...
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
After some research I went with the AreaP should be here this week...I also looked at Remus and LeoV but much more $$$$$.  Not that the $$ was the deciding factor...you US folks are lucky to have easy access, free shipping and good pricing for the the after market exhaust...

And guns!!!!! ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
I haven't read through this whole thread, but if the Area P families' product has been mentioned then the battle is over

Unless you want the same performance for less money.................

Go with the Muzzy.  AreaP is nice but they were taking to long to ship.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Makz58

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »

And guns!!!!! ;)
If you jump through the right hoops up here you can have guns....and water for them is free lol .
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 12:17:16 PM »
I've done a lot of business with Muzzy in the past... I won't knock them but I'll go on record saying I won't ever do business with them again.

Especially as long as Area P and Brock's are options.  Matter of fact, I'd go two brothers 1st even!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »
Had my two brothers (the loud one) installed a couple days ago.  It has a deep growl at idle, bringing out the sound on the big engine. When accelerating, it is loud (in a good way) but not obnoxious as described by some - I drove up on some men eating outdoors at a restaurant and to my surprise the sound of my bike did not turn heads, just don't rev it. It also is not particularly loud at interstate speeds and does not turn heads as I was hoping it would - a safety factor, as I have had too many drivers cut in front of me because they did not realize I was there.

I like the two brothers and I have gotten positive feedback from sports-car and motorcycle enthusiats but it is not for those who want a quiet pipe.

BTW, the pipe was installed by an official state inspection station, so what is street legal depends on the  laws in the state and/or locality in which you live or ride.

Cuz as we all know, loud pipes save lives right?    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline W14

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 05:02:35 AM »
Despite what the studies say, there are many bikers/riders who will say that loud pipes have saved their lives. I don't advocate for pipes that are obnoxiously loud, but stealth works when you don't want to be seen or hear which is not the case when you are on a motorcycle.   

Offline Conrad

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »
Despite what the studies say, there are many bikers/riders who will say that loud pipes have saved their lives. I don't advocate for pipes that are obnoxiously loud, but stealth works when you don't want to be seen or hear which is not the case when you are on a motorcycle.

You're right, we wouldn't want to confuse things with the facts.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 06:03:17 AM »
Picked up my bike this last weekend from the dealer, where's it been hibernating for the winter and having some work done, including installation of a Two-Brothers slip-on.

Wearing a full-face helmet, I did not find the exhaust overly loud, although it is by no means unintrusive. I wasn't pulling the engine hard though, and I have the sense that I'll end up putting in an optional baffle, just to keep my neighbors happy.

It's great to be rid of the original bazooka, with it's weight, size, and lack of sound. The Brothers looks real good in the black carbon.