Author Topic: ZX 14 TBs and my impression  (Read 26843 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: ZX 14 TBs and my impression
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
It has been mid 50s the last three days, weather I consider as optimal for riding and yet here I sit wondering, no, lusting for a nice ride.  Trust me, once I get a good ride in I'll share.  I wont be able to do any high speed stuff, but I can wring out first and second without feeling too much like a squid and I can certainly do some slow speed work to see how responsive things feel.  I'll accept trims after a coupla rides and probably stop at that.  Next to family and health this is at the top of my priority list...I have an Advanced Street Skills in July, I wring every bit out of her I can, at lunch time the coaches getta play on a clear track, which means WFO ;D  One of my fellow coaches rides his close to stock R1, last time we hit it together his gain was small, as was a well setup Triumph Trip.  I'm hoping that I see a modest gain on them and expecting to at least hang with them.  I may head to E WA where there are some lightly traveled roads where I may do some trip. trips, just depends on traffic, if there is any, I dont do anything stupid, but the trip is long so I bet I get at least one good run in through at least 3rd gear.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
So, finally, a real ride!!!!!!!  Outside temps mid 40s, 200 feet above sea level.  I accepted the trims as I was very happy with the feel, no noticeable down low torque loss and an apprecciable gain at upper Rs.  I had a good float from second to third pre ZX TBs, but I have full lift off now, enough that I did a slight roll off and back on.  I won't have a full impression until I either get out in the sticks or the track, but as things stand now I am happy with my early impressions.  If anyone wants a copy of the Autotune generated MAP send me a PM with your email and I'll have it on it's way.

First real ride since surgery and I am so, so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »
Great news and I'm glad that you're feeling better!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! Thanks for the impression and I will be sending you a pm for some install pointers and possibly the fuel map. I am thinking I will get the auto tune, but if not, your map will be much appreciated. If things work out, I may be able to get a dyno run before and after the TB install. I am curious about the losses/gains at different revs. Thanks for your info so far!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
You got it Spanky, ask away :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
Glad to hear you're getting back on your feet seat bro!  :)

:grouphug:

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
So, finally, a real ride!!!!!!!  Outside temps mid 40s, 200 feet above sea level.  I accepted the trims as I was very happy with the feel, no noticeable down low torque loss and an apprecciable gain at upper Rs.  I had a good float from second to third pre ZX TBs, but I have full lift off now, enough that I did a slight roll off and back on.  I won't have a full impression until I either get out in the sticks or the track, but as things stand now I am happy with my early impressions.  If anyone wants a copy of the Autotune generated MAP send me a PM with your email and I'll have it on it's way.

First real ride since surgery and I am so, so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I read this about 3 times and I still have to ask...  A good float meaning front wheel slightly off the ground from 2nd to 3rd gear and now front end comes up even more?

Inquiring minds need to know because I have full Muzzy, BMC, Power Commander and Autotune and no way is my first end coming off the ground unless Im in first gear.  I would love to get a little air in 2nd but that is just a dream with a bike this heavy...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
Before ZX TBs I could get a good float, just off the ground, now it's a coupla inches.  Clutchless shift, slight preload, blip throttle, no problems.  I wasn't interested in seeing how much higher she would go, at least not now, remember, this is my first real ride since Oct when I had my back surgery, and that saga isn't over yet.  The doc said it was OK to ride, "Just be carefull" ;)  I'm thinking a quickshifter may be on the horizon ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
So I read this about 3 times and I still have to ask...  A good float meaning front wheel slightly off the ground from 2nd to 3rd gear and now front end comes up even more?

Inquiring minds need to know because I have full Muzzy, BMC, Power Commander and Autotune and no way is my first end coming off the ground unless Im in first gear.  I would love to get a little air in 2nd but that is just a dream with a bike this heavy...

I can get the front end in the air in second gear........... Is something wrong with my bike?  :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:28 AM »
I can get the front end in the air in second gear........... Is something wrong with my bike? :(
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I assume you meant "can't" not can...

Yes our bikes must have a defect...Should be covered under warranty, just show the dealer Son o Pappy's post for prove.... Probably a defective kipass flux capacitor...     :rotflmao:

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
Mine must be really defective! It won't get the front off without some clutch abuse even in 1st gear. I'm hoping full exhaust and PVC will correct that flaw.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
I assume you meant "can't" not can...

Yes our bikes must have a defect...Should be covered under warranty, just show the dealer Son o Pappy's post for prove.... Probably a defective kipass flux capacitor...     :rotflmao:

My bike is most definitely defective since whacking the throttle open (not the usual roll-on) in second gear above 6,000 rpm will induce pucker factor five.  I have unintentionally passed two or three cars with the front wheel one or two feet off the terra firma.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »
My bike is most definitely defective since whacking the throttle open (not the usual roll-on) in second gear above 6,000 rpm will induce pucker factor five.  I have unintentionally passed two or three cars with the front wheel one or two feet off the terra firma.

Without a turbo I find this very hard to believe...    :loco:   On second thought you are probably correct...  as mine does the same thing as long as I have the big ass Corbin trunk hanging off the back...  lol

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
Without a turbo I find this very hard to believe...    :loco:   On second thought you are probably correct...  as mine does the same thing as long as I have the big ass Corbin trunk hanging off the back...  lol

What color is your bike?  If it isn't silverdammit then you have found your problem. 

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »
What color is your bike?  If it isn't silverdammit then you have found your problem.

It is the fastest color known...silver 08... But it is dirty so perhaps it is starting to act like those slow black ones....  I will wash it and see if that helps... Lol

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »

;D ;D ;D

And he even had his windshield up!   ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »
And he even had his windshield up!   ;D

Maybe it's like flaps up or down on a plane...  ;)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:19 PM »
Nice photo shop on the color ;D  I bet a 10 and up wont do that ;D

;D ;D ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
I bet a 10 and up wont do that ;D

Ktrack won't let it will it??  ??? :-\