Author Topic: TPMS unit replaced  (Read 22620 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: TPMS unit replaced
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
Yeah, but it almost makes up for the unclear part by adding (unknowingly) the funny part. I mean really.... :-)

Brian

That is why I paraphrased the manual before quoting the manual.  There are times the manual is not exactly "clear".  Many times.  Way too many times.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »
Clear as a pint of Guinness..  :o
Have pushed many buttons and uttered many semi creative incantations
She's been put to bed for the day as its 29 degrees out and the game is on.
Tomorrows another day.
Thanks... I think...  8)
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2013, 02:29:57 PM »
Ignore the manual reference and go to reply number 76 in this thread (about 6 or 8 posts up from this one). Read my sequence but only use the one marked 'Right' 'cause the other one was a joke. :-)

Press and hold top button
Press and release bottom button (warning will clear when this is done and red warning LED will illuminate)
Release top button
Enjoy riding C-14 free of warnings.

Never, ever swear at the bike- it is not as if it cannot hear you! Only speak in low tones and soothing voice. When nessasary, invoke the KiPass incantation and peace and harmony will be yours.... at least until daylight savings time rolls around again.

Brian

Clear as a pint of Guinness..  :o
Have pushed many buttons and uttered many semi creative incantations
She's been put to bed for the day as its 29 degrees out and the game is on.
Tomorrows another day.
Thanks... I think...  8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
Says you...  I prefer swearing and hitting it ever so hardly.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline phoneman

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »
  My rear sensor was acting up a couple of weeks ago.  It was driving me nuts so I just threw the bike down in the driveway.

Dang sensor ain't acted up since.  YMMV.  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
That will only work for a while. For a true, permanent solution, set the bike on fire.

Brian

My rear sensor was acting up a couple of weeks ago.  It was driving me nuts so I just threw the bike down in the driveway.

Dang sensor ain't acted up since.  YMMV.  ;)

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
Took your advise and chucked it down in the garage and set it on fire.
Good news.
No longer concerned about the flashing screen.
Bad news.
We lost the house due to the fire.

Anybody got a spare room?
For 5?
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »
You must have miss- read the translation in the manual about how to burn the bike.

How big are you, on average. I mean the whole group- 750 lb. total? More, less? Carnivores? Do you like mice, again, as a group?

Brian

Took your advise and chucked it down in the garage and set it on fire.
Good news.
No longer concerned about the flashing screen.
Bad news.
We lost the house due to the fire.

Anybody got a spare room?
For 5?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »
Ah yes....some think that the TPMS was conceived by witchcraft.  It's only proper it was burned.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
It is OK, I am considering letting his whole family live at my house. Depending on their size, diet requirements, etc. And they will be in charge of maintaining the trapline- hey, gotta' charge something, right?

Brian

Ah yes....some think that the TPMS was conceived by witchcraft.  It's only proper it was burned.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »
You must have miss- read the translation in the manual about how to burn the bike.

How big are you, on average. I mean the whole group- 750 lb. total? More, less? Carnivores? Do you like mice, again, as a group?

Brian

:rotflmao:

And how does the group, as a whole, feel about peanut butter?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 04:46:42 AM »
I like it in moderation.

Offline phoneman

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
  Just think what I might have done if KIPASS had acted up the same time the TPMS was showing it's behind.

It could have gotten ugly real fast. >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »
Bought an FJR?  Before you poo poo that idea, it's been done before.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
Easy there Conrad, don't ruin the surprise.

This is just the 'getting to know you phase'; we'll deal with specific duties and likes / dislikes later.

Brian

And how does the group, as a whole, feel about peanut butter?