Author Topic: Rebuild of my C14  (Read 38560 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Rebuild of my C14
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Understandable about the measure. Was just picturing the fuel moto site where they had a increase of horsepower that was like 24HP. With ZG's it was around 16 hp. So thats why I was asking. Just wondering if the dual pipes didnt give the HP increase like the 4into1 did.

IIRC that quote of a 24 hp increase was waaaay up at around 9000 rpm where the stock bike kicks in with the "soft limiter" and I believe the fuel moto tune keeps fueling until 10,000 rpm instead of tapering off at 9,000rpm like the stock tune. 

I like my power in the heart of the rpm range (5,000-7,000 rpm) because I will only run to redline occasionally.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
Decided to put everything back together today since the weather is looking pretty good for this next week.  I was going to send in my forks to Ohlins but I will probably end up doing that next month when the weather has a better chance of ice.  Here are a couple pics of everything put back together.

Jeremy, good job really on the rebuilding of your bike. I'm sorry you still have the slower (Neutron Silver colour), but at least the bags should help!  ;D
Just a question (and I haven't been through all the posts, so it might have been mentioned already): are those TechSpec pads on the tank? I think the rear side pads are inverted (left<->right). Or you did it intentionally?  ???

I've got them myself and I put them just like the showed in their website: http://www.sprocketlist.com/Sport-Touring/2300560/GRIPSTER-Tank-Grips-Kawasaki-TechSpec-.html?imageIndex=1
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »
Jeremy, good job really on the rebuilding of your bike. I'm sorry you still have the slower (Neutron Silver colour), but at least the bags should help!  ;D
Just a question (and I haven't been through all the posts, so it might have been mentioned already): are those TechSpec pads on the tank? I think the rear side pads are inverted (left<->right). Or you did it intentionally?  ???

I've got them myself and I put them just like the showed in their website: http://www.sprocketlist.com/Sport-Touring/2300560/GRIPSTER-Tank-Grips-Kawasaki-TechSpec-.html?imageIndex=1

Yes they are TechSpec (snake skin).

I figured out that they were on the wrong side after I looked at these pics.  They got put in the correct position about 10 minutes after the picture was taken.  Good eye.   ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:51 AM »
Got home yesterday and my new Angels were sitting on the doorstep.  I pulled the wheels off last night and I will be dropping the them off at the powdercoater this afternoon.  Last thing is the Ohlins rebuild, we just haven't had bad enough weather here in Missouri for me to want to be without my bike for around two weeks. 

Offline KawiG

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
Your bike looks good J, just remember the textured surface on the bags will work like Sharks skin and make it faster! C14ss. Silver Shark
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »
Black bags, black lowers, black front fender, black Tech Spec, black sheepskin on the seat. Just a few more "farkles" and you'll have a fast black bike.  ;)
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
The sheepskin isn't on there very often (maybe once every other month).  You forgot "black wheels".  Best of both worlds, the faster neutron silver DNA mixed with the tough texture of bedliner spray. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »
I pulled the wheels off last night and I will be dropping the them off at the powdercoater this afternoon. 

8) :thumbs:

Can't wait to see how they turn out bro, make sure to post up some pics for us to drool over...  :P

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »

8) :thumbs:

Can't wait to see how they turn out bro, make sure to post up some pics for us to drool over...  :P

I will, I dropped them off and hopefully will pick them up on Friday.  My final decision was gloss black.  I almost went with flat black but wanted the wheels to stand out a little more than they do now since they look about like a blackboard.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2012, 08:13:46 PM »
I will, I dropped them off and hopefully will pick them up on Friday.  My final decision was gloss black.  I almost went with flat black but wanted the wheels to stand out a little more than they do now since they look about like a blackboard.

Good choice on the gloss black, that's what I went with and am very happy with the results!  8)

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
I cannot wait to see these. The powdercoat always looks so nice and is simple to clean. Black is a great color since a sharpie will touch it up so well  if it gets scratched .

Son of Pappy

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
Jeremy has added black as it is widely known black bikes tend to be the slower color, it's the only wife SWMBO will ever ride with him again ;D  To be honest I have considered powder coating the wheels black, tires would last longer :rotflmao:

Hey Jeremy, have you decided if ya want to add the ZX14 TBs?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
Jeremy has added black as it is widely known black bikes tend to be the slower color, it's the only wife SWMBO will ever ride with him again ;D  To be honest I have considered powder coating the wheels black, tires would last longer :rotflmao:

Hey Jeremy, have you decided if ya want to add the ZX14 TBs?

Black bikes are slower, it is a good thing that I don't have a black bike.  I am happy with the performance now.  If someone posted a before and after dyno run that showed a nice bump in performance without any low/mid range losses then I would pick a set of ZX-14 TBs up.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »

SoP

;D ;D ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

SoP

;D ;D ;D
Nice!!  All kidding aside, we bought a performance bike, why would anyone by a black bike?  If your'e after economy, get a Prius like Jim ;D ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »
If your'e after economy, get a Prius like Jim ;D ;)

:rotflmao:

Only Sparky can pull that one off...  :-X

My "Prius" is my V10 Ford 250 crew cab that get's 7 mpg.  :o 
It runs on $20's just going around the block, that's what I call going green...  ;)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
Got the wheels back from the powdercoater.  They look great!  I was surprised by the quality that I received for $140.  I installed the bearings and bolted up the brake rotors.  Hopefully this snow melts soon so I can try out these new Angels.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »
Looks Good J...what about doing the inside circles of the rotors too?
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »
Looks Good J...what about doing the inside circles of the rotors too?

I am happy with them being "brake dust" grey.  I will probably be going with Galfers once my warranty expires in a couple years.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
Got the wheels back from the powdercoater.  They look great!  I was surprised by the quality that I received for $140.  I installed the bearings and bolted up the brake rotors.  Hopefully this snow melts soon so I can try out these new Angels.

Very nice, looks great Jeremy!!  :P 8) :thumbs: