Author Topic: warranty question  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Knobbytyre

warranty question
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:56:52 PM »
If everything works out I will be purchasing 2015 C14 this weekend that is used but still has a year left on the warranty. I am buying from a dealership that carries Kawasaki, do they need to put the warranty in my name or can I do that?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: warranty question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
Yes, the fastest and most positive way to get that done is to have them do this at time of purchase, and insure they provide you with paper to proove it is transferred before leaving with the bike at that time... then, follow the instructions we have here, for buying an extension immediatly, for the reduced price we have noted in that thread. Do not let the original warranty expire prior to buying an extension, it must still be in effect to purchase a 3 year extension.

Congrats, and best of luck.

Here is a link to the low price extension, its the best deal going currently, and is a no brainer, just follow the instructions fully, only takes a couple minutes...
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Knobbytyre

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:04:38 PM »
Thank you for the information. I will post some pics when if I get it...

Offline jwh20

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »
You can transfer the existing warranty to yourself with Kawasaki free of charge.  The only thing they need, other than your name/address/phone/etc. is a copy of the registration in your name.  After you send it to them (or email it) they will send you an owner warranty card.  When the existing warrant is coming up, they will send you a renewal.  But I'd setup a reminder of my own just in case.  If the warranty expires you can't purchase a renewal.

I suspect that, as noted, being a Kawasaki dealer that you're buying it from they might be able to take care of it for you.

Offline Knobbytyre

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
There is a card that is associated with the warranty? do you have the card to have it to have something covered under warranty?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
There is a card that is associated with the warranty? do you have the card to have it to have something covered under warranty?

I don't remember there being a card, but I got something.  But it doesn't matter anyway because the factory warranty is registered to the bike VIN, not the person.  So any Kawasaki dealer has to honor it (and looks it up by VIN).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:15:52 AM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gscott

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 04:14:52 AM »
I got a card when transferred to me when I bought  from previous owner and new card when I extended the warranty.   

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
I don't remember a card either, but then I don't remember what I did yesterday.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 08:04:16 AM »
I actually wish that I didn't remember what I did yesterday...     :(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 11:28:52 AM »
I actually wish that I didn't remember what I did yesterday...     :(

Was there a yesterday?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
Don't ask me, I don't remember.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jwh20

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »

No, you don't need to have the card.  The dealers check the Kawasaki database using the VIN number.  That will tell them you have coverage or not.  But they do send one.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »
Was there a yesterday?

Or more importantly, will there be a tomorrow?

I actually had to use the warranty as I managed to break a tooth off of 4th gear. I just went in and they looked me up in the computer. I'm about to extend it one more time, so I hope there is a tomorrow.
If there isn't I guess I won't have to pay the CC bill for the warranty extension.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »
You can transfer the existing warranty to yourself with Kawasaki free of charge.  The only thing they need, other than your name/address/phone/etc. is a copy of the registration in your name.  After you send it to them (or email it) they will send you an owner warranty card.  When the existing warrant is coming up, they will send you a renewal.  But I'd setup a reminder of my own just in case.  If the warranty expires you can't purchase a renewal.

I suspect that, as noted, being a Kawasaki dealer that you're buying it from they might be able to take care of it for you.

My explanation of having this dealer complete all of this transfer, is based on the fact they are already logged into the databsae at time of purchse....
Therefore there is no b/s involved with them just doing a couple keystrokes, and completing the transistion, as a.mater of fact, if it is a Kaw dealer, they are actually directed by Kaw to do this... that is why I said to have it done by them, during your purchase, and have confirmation papers in hand before you leave with your bike... hey, you are paying them for a service, they are making a profit on a bike being sold from their door step... its all part of the purchase requisition, and completion of sale... so waiting and trying to do this on your own, is a bunch of horse hockey, and if you mess up, its on you...

Do it the easy way... have them do it for you.. its thier job.

I have never received any "card" for any of the extended GTPP/ or KPP extended warrenties, its all in the kaw database, and can be pulled up by vin at anytime by a service rep.

So don't fret the "card" thang, they don't exist...
Way too much non existant mystery flowing around about this stuff in this thread.. cut to the root, and call Pete, the fellow I gave the link for, for extended KPP  and speak with him... they are closed Mondays, but you can reach him the rest of the week...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jwh20

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 06:07:47 AM »
So don't fret the "card" thang, they don't exist...
Way too much non existant mystery flowing around about this stuff in this thread.. cut to the root, and call Pete, the fellow I gave the link for, for extended KPP  and speak with him... they are closed Mondays, but you can reach him the rest of the week...

I'll just leave this here then.  This is the 2nd ID card I've had for my 2012.  The first one came about a month after I registered the existing warranty with Kawasaki.  The 2nd came after I purchased the extension from Ultimate Cycle late last year.

Remember that just because someone says something emphatically that doesn't make it any more true or false...

Offline Knobbytyre

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
Look what I got!!!!!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »
Look what I got!!!!!!
Cool, congrats'! Card or no card, the extended warranty availability is a blessing at the price MOB found for us, my advice is to get it.
I'm certainly glad I did.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you to ditch that ugly bazooka muffler.
Let them get it out of their system by simply nodding in agreement as though they are a wise sage,
 and then when they've left, ignore them. ;)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
Remember that just because someone says something emphatically that doesn't make it any more true or false...

Yeah, but actual evidence seems to be worth about at least 50 exclamation marks (...or tweets...sad.)
Nicely done Joe.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:49 AM »
Cool, congrats'! [...]Someone will be along in a minute to tell you to ditch that ugly bazooka muffler.
Let them get it out of their system by simply nodding in agreement as though they are a wise sage,
 and then when they've left, ignore them. ;)

+1 good advice.

Better than forming logical statements and offering rational reasoning... most of the time that doesn't work.