Author Topic: Mesh Jacket  (Read 14700 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Mesh Jacket
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
I have a Scorpion Cool Rod Mesh Jacket that was more or less an impulse buy since I needed one. Now I feel there are better mesh Jackets out there for the price. This one cooks me at close to 90c weather. Is there any other mesh jackets you guys can recommend me that lets more air flow through?

2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Bourne2Ride

Re: Mesh Jacket
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
I purchased the Tour Master Sonora Air Jacket. Works great in 90 degree weather, as long as your moving  ;)
I purchased it on sale from Motorcycle Superstore. I have the High Vis Yellow
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/20968/ITEM/Tour-Master-Sonora-Air-Jacket.aspx

Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0, it is a great all weather jacket.  I stay very cool as long as I am moving.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
I have a Scorpion Cool Rod Mesh Jacket that was more or less an impulse buy since I needed one. Now I feel there are better mesh Jackets out there for the price. This one cooks me at close to 90c weather. Is there any other mesh jackets you guys can recommend me that lets more air flow through?
Hopefully you meant 90f.  At 90c, I don't think there is a motorcycle jacket made that will keep you cool.

I have a TourMaster Intake II that has very good protection and airflow.  I'm not sure if it is still in production.  These days, I normally go ATGATT and wear an Olympia Stealth one-piece suit.  The airflow is not as good as with the Intake, but it gives me knee/hip protection that the jacket alone doesn't offer.  FWIW, I saw 114f on the thermometer yesterday here in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
Hopefully you meant 90f.  At 90c, I don't think there is a motorcycle jacket made that will keep you cool.

I have a TourMaster Intake II that has very good protection and airflow.  I'm not sure if it is still in production.  These days, I normally go ATGATT and wear an Olympia Stealth one-piece suit.  The airflow is not as good as with the Intake, but it gives me knee/hip protection that the jacket alone doesn't offer.  FWIW, I saw 114f on the thermometer yesterday here in the Phoenix, AZ area.

+1 on the TourMaster Intake II. As long as you're moving it flows very well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:08:09 PM »

Good catch. It was supposed to be 90 F. I don't think I'd be riding out in 90 C. Hell if its 90C I have bigger issues than keeping cool with a mesh jacket.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
I'm looking at the First Gear Mesh Tex........ Decent price and comes with a wind proof removable liner........

Z

Offline kdm

• Arena
  • Lakeland , Florida
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »
The original Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh  jacket was the coolest one around . It was like wearing nothing .
Don't know if version 5.0 is as good . They still call it Free Air mesh like before , but who knows ?
2001 C10  - sold
2008 C14

Bob

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »
+1 on the TourMaster Intake II. As long as you're moving it flows very well.

+2  I've had my Intake since 2006 or early 2007. An excellent jacket!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
I will check out the Joe Rocket and the Tour master one.

And yes, I meant 90F. Been dealing with some CPU temps lately and so brain has been registering celcius only.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
Good catch. It was supposed to be 90 F. I don't think I'd be riding out in 90 C. Hell if its 90C I have bigger issues than keeping cool with a mesh jacket.

:rotflmao:

Touring Chernobyl.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
I'm still riding with a liner in......

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »
I agree with Bourne2Ride, the Tourmaster Air Sonora is awesome. The material is really soft, very comfortable, and it gets plenty of air flow. We rode to Kingman AZ on Sunday, it was 115, and it makes it bearable. I actually found one on sale at GoAZ Kawasaki for 130$ out the door, but I think they're all gone. I too, sadly, wear the HighVis yellow...guess I'm getting old. Go Irish!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
Checked out the Tourmaster at motorcyclegear.com. I think I like that one. Seems the weave is looser than the one I have thus allowing more air through. Wish I can check it out up close and in person before I fork out the cash.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »
Checked out the Tourmaster at motorcyclegear.com. I think I like that one. Seems the weave is looser than the one I have thus allowing more air through. Wish I can check it out up close and in person before I fork out the cash.

Which one you thinking about Awaz? The Intake Air Series 2 or the Air Sonora? I don't think you can go wrong with either. I see that you're in Illinois, how close to DeKalb? You can take a look at mine if you want.    8)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

Hey Awaz, Bike Bandit has that jacket.   Just sayin...      :-X

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »
I think I was looking at intake air 2. I am at 62650 - aka middle of corn field.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »
Hey Awaz, Bike Bandit has that jacket.   Just sayin...      :-X

Aha!

Sooo....when did you join their sales force?  ;D
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Joncon11

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0, it is a great all weather jacket.  I stay very cool as long as I am moving.

I had a 60mph deer strike last year with the Alter Ego pants and jacket on and it proved to be less than adequate. I ended up with rash on both of my arms and 3rd degree burns on my right knee due to the material melting. For me, pants are a crap shoot (Vanson Odessy pants, 1000 denier cordura) but the jacket is always leather, and my hands and feet can never be too hot <<opinion. Lets face it, you can ride naked and still be hot in the summer so if i'm going to be hot regardless, I would rather be protected. That said I do use a Roadcrafter when it drops below the 40's, but Aerostitch textile is in a category of its own.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
I think I was looking at intake air 2. I am at 62650 - aka middle of corn field.

That's a big corn field cuz I'm in the middle of one too.

Looks like your about 3 hours away. Come on by and take a look at my jacket, I'll let you buy me lunch.