Author Topic: I'm Scared to lean now...  (Read 45618 times)

Offline tchinkov

Re: I'm Scared to lean now...
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »
I ride a lot, pretty much everyday and put 20,000+ a year on my bike so forking out over $500 every tire change gets old after a while!
Agree

I have to admit I like the feel of the PR4's better
And agree..  Less than 1mm chicken strip on these :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
I've had 3 sets of them already. Well, 2 sets of the PR4 and one of the PR3.

Neither of those are the PR4GT, which is what he was recommending...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
Yeah The GT 'thingy' is important :)

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »

You guys, come on now...just because I typed the PR4 and not the GT...really? To make you happy, I have had 1 set of PR3 GT's and 2 sets of PR4 GT's. Why would someone NOT put the GT on their bike? I guess maybe some do but I wonder why they wouldn't go GT? You guys and your details ::)!!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2015, 06:51:30 PM »
OK  ;)

Please tell me about the tire on the picture you posted. Is it really more worn on the edges than at the center?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:35:49 PM by tchinkov »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
Yeah The GT 'thingy' is important :)

GT = Good Tire ?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
GT = Good Tire ?
Or maybe Great Tire?   ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »
You guys, come on now...just because I typed the PR4 and not the GT...really? To make you happy, I have had 1 set of PR3 GT's and 2 sets of PR4 GT's.

Michelin didn't make a Pilot Road GT model until the PR4 :)

Why would someone NOT put the GT on their bike? I guess maybe some do but I wonder why they wouldn't go GT?

The GT variant was designed *specifically* for heavy sports-touring like the Concours 1400.  The C14 is heavy, even solo, and the extra support will help the tire keep the proper shape for longer tread life and better performance.  Yet some people believe that they don't need the extra sidewall rigidity because they only ride solo and should save the $19 in price and/or believe they will somehow get better performance out of the non-GT.

You guys and your details ::)!!

God is in the details!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_devil_is_in_the_detail
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »

The GT variant was designed *specifically* for heavy sports-touring like the Concours 1400.  The C14 is heavy, even solo, and the extra support will help the tire keep the proper shape for longer tread life and better performance.
+1

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2015, 12:40:18 AM »
Michelin didn't make a Pilot Road GT model until the PR4 :)

The GT variant was designed *specifically* for heavy sports-touring like the Concours 1400.  The C14 is heavy, even solo, and the extra support will help the tire keep the proper shape for longer tread life and better performance.  Yet some people believe that they don't need the extra sidewall rigidity because they only ride solo and should save the $19 in price and/or believe they will somehow get better performance out of the non-GT.

God is in the details!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_devil_is_in_the_detail

What I have found to be most important for the twisties and hi-speed sweepers is a rear tire PR4 with a 55 profile- no tire holds a better line and gets me a gigglin' in my helmet.

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2015, 06:24:38 AM »
Tire threads are starting to look like oil threads, Geez C-14 owners have thousands of miles
on PR-2 - PR-4 with no issues.

I can't fault Michelin for their marketing campaign though and until Michelin puts out bulletin advising otherwise  PR-2 through
PR-4 tires are made for the C-14. I do not like the effort required to install the GT and the ride is much harsher according to those that tried them
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:18:43 AM by Gigantor »

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

sailor_chic

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2015, 06:54:15 AM »
You guys, come on now...just because I typed the PR4 and not the GT...really? To make you happy, I have had 1 set of PR3 GT's and 2 sets of PR4 GT's. Why would someone NOT put the GT on their bike? I guess maybe some do but I wonder why they wouldn't go GT? You guys and your details ::)!!

Mike, you know how it is around here. You need to say and type everything perfect. Thanks for your correction. Oh, by the way, you forgot a comma in your sentence too. :)

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
You need to say and type everything perfect.

perfectly

;D

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2015, 07:27:04 AM »
What I have found to be most important for the twisties and hi-speed sweepers is a rear tire PR4 with a 55 profile- no tire holds a better line and gets me a gigglin' in my helmet.
+1 for the 55

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2015, 08:54:52 AM »
Mike, you know how it is around here. You need to say and type everything perfect. Thanks for your correction. Oh, by the way, you forgot a comma in your sentence too. :)

LOL...sorry! Max, where were you when I forgot the comma????
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:12 AM »
Correct punktuation and speling appreciated...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2015, 02:47:17 PM »
LOL...sorry! Max, where were you when I forgot the comma????

Sorry, but I am not a grammar nazi!  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grammar+Nazi

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:55 PM »
You should (if you haven't yet) try Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT. The GT, not the regular. These are IMHO superior to any other available for the Connie.

This is a interesting pic you've posted. Is it just me seeing wrong or it is actually the sides of the tire worn more than the center?

Yes its worn on the edge, maybe not right on the edg but about 1in front the edge. That spot that looks like a wear bar on the shoulder of the tire wasn't a wear bar its the bottom of the tread. Here is a pic of what the tread should look like

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
I'm currently running the Angel GT's. How do you like the B.S. T30's?
They feel geat, the front is wearing well but the rear worn out quick. The problem i was having with the angels was cupping of the front tire that went away with the T30. Id say bang for buck on the pair its about a even trade.  I might try the PR4 next after i mount another t30 rear and use up the front some more. All this is based on a heavy 300lb agressive rider.