Author Topic: I'm Scared to lean now...  (Read 45624 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Re: I'm Scared to lean now...
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »
Mikeb2411, I couldn't resist and you are a good sport. Your description also fits my ex-wife unless it's something that she 'needs' like jewelry, shoes, botox, makeup...

You can keep em coming Connie14boy but I will have my revenge  ;D. Just fooling with you. I talk like that about my wife but like I said before, she's actually really good to me and does a great job putting up with me. She has to pull the reigns or I'd go crazy! As hard as this is to believe, I may be finished farkling this bike. I'm currently adding Cruise back to my bike and rewiring everything so everything is soldered and all my connections are bullets going to my PDM60. Once I finish this I plan on leaving it alone and enjoying the bike until I buy a new one in the next year to year-and-a-half. I went to IMS over the last weekend and saw this

It was so "pretty". I really liked the new silver and it was sitting next to a black one and I thought I was sold on black but the silver looked better IMO. I am going to wait to see if Kawi is changing the 2107 model much. If they aren't I will probably buy this model and color.

BTW Connie14boy, you can just call me "Mike", no need for the rest of the tag.

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:52 PM »
According to Cycle News "Kawasaki dropped a bombshell at EICMA, announcing there would be 12 new models coming out in the next 2 years."

http://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/605808-cycle-news-2015-issue-47-november-24

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »
Well, it's never to early to speculate on the 2017 models so someone open a thread on that when you get a chance... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
Who me?   :1DeadBanana  I don't want to be that guy.

I added it here for the sake of mikeb2411 who is enamored with the 2016.  He might want to wait.  I also posted it on the thread about the rumored 2016 changes.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
I went to IMS over the last weekend and saw this

It was so "pretty". I really liked the new silver and it was sitting next to a black one and I thought I was sold on black but the silver looked better IMO. I am going to wait to see if Kawi is changing the 2107 model much. If they aren't I will probably buy this model and color.

There is only one [true] silver, it is the 2011.  And that looks exactly like the 2011.  2016 colors do not include silver, so I am not sure what it was you saw there....  Perhaps a leftover?  A sample?  A one-off?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20250.0

UPDATE:  Looked again, it is the new Moondust Gray color, which is nice!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:37:44 PM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
There is only one [true] silver, it is the 2011.  And that looks exactly like the 2011.  2016 colors do not include silver, so I am not sure what it was you saw there....  Perhaps a leftover?  A sample?  A one-off?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20250.0

It was advertised as a 2016 and listed all the available 2016 add-ons for the bike. It had the new windscreen and it had the "comfort seat" as well as the new tank bag and trunk on the stock rack. All of the information on it said "2016" so they're lying, making it up, or don't know what they're talking about ... or it is actually a 2016 in silver :o
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
That's about right....left over paint before the new super duper deluxe model comes out in 2017.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »
It was advertised as a 2016 and listed all the available 2016 add-ons for the bike. It had the new windscreen and it had the "comfort seat" as well as the new tank bag and trunk on the stock rack. All of the information on it said "2016" so they're lying, making it up, or don't know what they're talking about ... or it is actually a 2016 in silver :o

Ah- it is the lighting.  I went back and looked at the photo again.  It is not silver.  It is Moondust Gray!  Sorry about that.  Was looking at only the first photo which is under VERY bright light and a little over-exposed.

I *do* like the color.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
Ah- it is the lighting.  I went back and looked at the photo again.  It is not silver.  It is Moondust Gray!  Sorry about that.  Was looking at only the first photo which is under VERY bright light and a little over-exposed.

I *do* like the color.

Hey Max, don't be knocking my "amateur" photography skills! I work hard just to get pics like that!!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »
Hey Max, don't be knocking my "amateur" photography skills! I work hard just to get pics like that!!

No offense meant!  Pretty good pix!

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
Most people never do get comfy on a bike. The same people that get 10,000 miles out of their tires. ;)
IMHO it's quite the opposite. People who ARE comfortable on their bikes can get more than 10,000 miles on their tires as they lean more. If you lean scraping your pegs then the outer sides of the tire take some portion of the wear allowing the tire to wear more evenly thus more millage can be squeezed. If you are not comfortable on your bike and ride more upright than only the middle of the tires will take the wear. The middle will worn faster and the tire will become not usable even if the sides are still good.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2015, 02:13:53 PM »
No offense meant!  Pretty good pix!

None taken
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:19 AM »
IMHO it's quite the opposite. People who ARE comfortable on their bikes can get more than 10,000 miles on their tires as they lean more. If you lean scraping your pegs then the outer sides of the tire take some portion of the wear allowing the tire to wear more evenly thus more millage can be squeezed. If you are not comfortable on your bike and ride more upright than only the middle of the tires will take the wear. The middle will worn faster and the tire will become not usable even if the sides are still good.
You train of thought is derailed. I'm very comfortable on my bike. I do 12,000 plus miles a year, I have worn peg feelers on both sides and bubbys on 600rr's struggle to keep up in the corners. And the last set of tires I had mounted are 80% worn on the edges and they only have 1900 miles on them.

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
You train of thought is derailed. I'm very comfortable on my bike. I do 12,000 plus miles a year, I have worn peg feelers on both sides and bubbys on 600rr's struggle to keep up in the corners. And the last set of tires I had mounted are 80% worn on the edges and they only have 1900 miles on them.
I may be wrong then :) You need to take into account the heavy braking of course.
The description of your riding style is the exact match of the way I ride but my average is probably less than 1200 miles as I am in Canada where the season is short. Still less than 2500 miles on a set of tires is to little. What kind of tires you have?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:12:34 AM by tchinkov »

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2015, 08:24:59 AM »

Well, I wish I lived in a place that had so many curves that I spent most of my time on the sides of my tires.  Unfortunately I don't, and most other people don't either.  Therefore the original comment is pretty accurate IMHO.  If you are able to lean more when you do come to a corner it will spread the wear out over the entire tire instead of just the center.  I have very little in the way of chicken strips but I'm not Johnny Racer like you and since the corners are few and far between around here, I tend to get more wear on the center of the tires.  When I'm in a corner, however, the centers are taking a rest!   :chugbeer:

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2015, 09:09:24 AM »
Although partly true my original post was more on the joke side as a reply  to this comment:
Most people never do get comfy on a bike. The same people that get 10,000 miles out of their tires. ;)
which could be offensive to some riders.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
I may be wrong then :) You need to take into account the heavy braking of course.
The description of your riding style is the exact match of the way I ride but my average is probably less than 1200 miles as I am in Canada where the season is short. Still less than 2500 miles on a set of tires is to little. What kind of tires you have?

Used to run Angel GT's but this last set i tried a set of B.S. T30 GT's. Got 5000 out of my last Angel rear but that included a bit of freeway to my trips. This last trip was 95% 2 lane twisty mountain roads, the front looked great but as you can see in the pic this was my rear after 1900.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2015, 04:22:59 PM »
Used to run Angel GT's but this last set i tried a set of B.S. T30 GT's. Got 5000 out of my last Angel rear but that included a bit of freeway to my trips. This last trip was 95% 2 lane twisty mountain roads, the front looked great but as you can see in the pic this was my rear after 1900.

I'm currently running the Angel GT's. How do you like the B.S. T30's?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
You should (if you haven't yet) try Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT. The GT, not the regular. These are IMHO superior to any other available for the Connie.

This is a interesting pic you've posted. Is it just me seeing wrong or it is actually the sides of the tire worn more than the center?

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2015, 05:03:36 PM »
You should (if you haven't yet) try Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT. The GT, mot the regular. These are IMHO superior to any other available for the Connie.

This is a interesting pic you've posted. Is it just me seeing wrong or it is actually the sides of the tire worn more than the center?

I've had 3 sets of them already. Well, 2 sets of the PR4 and one of the PR3. I wanted to try others that cost less to see what I can get out of them. It's too soon to tell on the Pirelli's but I have to admit I like the feel of the PR4's better so I will more-than-likely go back to those. I ride a lot, pretty much everyday and put 20,000+ a year on my bike so forking out over $500 every tire change gets old after a while!
Mike
Ojai, CA