Author Topic: need a Connie again  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Ghost Rider 2

need a Connie again
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:22:56 AM »
  I am the former owner of 3 different Connie's.  I traded last one over 2 years ago  :(.  I have regretted trading that bike dozens of times.  Well with a little luck I might be back on a 1400 again.  Made an offer on a very nice bike this weekend, should know something in a couple of days.   Wish me luck!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: need a Connie again
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:23:26 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
Excellent! Good luck!

Offline tomp

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
If successful, post pics and farkles.  Hope you get it... tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline texrider

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
Seller's remorse is a sad thing indeed. I'd better keep the connie and just buy whatever else.  ;D
2014 Valkyrie

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Good Luck !!
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 03:31:08 AM »
Best of luck!!

Offline Dodgedoc

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:34:16 AM »
2010 blue 7600 miles nicely farkled in Baltimore $9500.00
We would not be here now if we did not leave there then

Offline tomp

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »
Seller's remorse is a sad thing indeed.

Gotta agree there.  Over the past 45 years I've had a total of 58 motorcycles, and like Jay Leno, wish I still had every one of them.  Some were more fun than others, but the C14 is one that I don't see permanently leaving the garage any year soon. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 05:04:04 AM »
  At the time I had to let it go I was needing a GL1800 goldwing.  I still have that bike and I am very happy.  But it would be a very nice addition to have the Connie sitting net to it.  I should  know something tomorrow.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »
If you like all kinds of riding, you need all kinds of bikes.  There is no one bike that can do it all.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Dodgedoc

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
I have a very nice I have to let go . keep me in mind .
We would not be here now if we did not leave there then

Offline jwh20

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 04:44:34 PM »
If you like all kinds of riding, you need all kinds of bikes.  There is no one bike that can do it all.

Exactly my sentiments.  The only limits are $$$ and garage space.   ;)

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:52 AM »
  I still in the market.  Went to a dealer that had 3 ZG 1400's. I was looking to make a trade with a Honda 1500 Valkyrie that I seldom ride.  Made an offer to trade for either one of 2 bikes.  Could not get anything done.  Seems like the only things that are a deal on bikes right now is the interest rate.  But I want to buy not finance. Oh well maybe I can find someone looking to buy a Valkyrie.  That would put me right back in the market.  I own 3 bikes now and will not license & insure another.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 06:23:58 AM »
  I still in the market.  Went to a dealer that had 3 ZG 1400's. I was looking to make a trade with a Honda 1500 Valkyrie that I seldom ride.  Made an offer to trade for either one of 2 bikes.  Could not get anything done.  Seems like the only things that are a deal on bikes right now is the interest rate.  But I want to buy not finance. Oh well maybe I can find someone looking to buy a Valkyrie.  That would put me right back in the market.  I own 3 bikes now and will not license & insure another.

I went from a Valkyrie to a C14. My son still has the Valkyrie and I had a chance to ride it a bit lately. I still like the Valk, very comfy and gets a lot of attention but was very happy to get back on my C14.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »

The lady behind the counter at the DMV asked me why so many bikes?  You can only ride one at a time.  I told her then I should only have to get one plate that I move from bike to bike since I can only wear out the roads one bike at a time.  She shut up and processed my paperwork.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
The lady behind the counter at the DMV asked me why so many bikes?  You can only ride one at a time.  I told her then I should only have to get one plate that I move from bike to bike since I can only wear out the roads one bike at a time.  She shut up and processed my paperwork.

LOL

But seriously, that is exactly my point with liability, collision, and medical insurance.  Why do I have to pay for each vehicle (and FULLY) if I can only ride one at a time?  I can understand having to pay for the comprehensive portion, but not the others.  It is a total ripoff.  You don't necessarily ride ANY more simply because you have more vehicles.  And since all the insurance companies do it, I think it is racketeering/price fixing and should be illegal.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
LOL

But seriously, that is exactly my point with liability, collision, and medical insurance.  Why do I have to pay for each vehicle (and FULLY) if I can only ride one at a time?  I can understand having to pay for the comprehensive portion, but not the others.  It is a total ripoff.  You don't necessarily ride ANY more simply because you have more vehicles.  And since all the insurance companies do it, I think it is racketeering/price fixing and should be illegal.

Most insurance companies offer a multi-vehicle discount. Also you can have multiple drivers and drive all at the same time. Right now my brother is borrowing my truck, I'm riding the C14 and my wife is driving the Escape. All 3 were likely on the road at the same time today and my insurance company covered all 3.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »
Most insurance companies offer a multi-vehicle discount.

True, but it is nowhere near enough

Also you can have multiple drivers and drive all at the same time. Right now my brother is borrowing my truck, I'm riding the C14 and my wife is driving the Escape. All 3 were likely on the road at the same time today and my insurance company covered all 3.

I suppose that is also true, although in many cases (like mine), nobody would ever drive my other vehicles... and certainly they could provide a rider stating that (excusing them of any liability).  I suppose it might be complex with laws or such.

I don't know... it is just not fair, so I am whining about it.  WHAAAAAAAAHHHHH
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
I am with you.

I have oft wondered why the person does not carry insurance or why it does not transfer from car to car as I can only drive one at a time. The phrase " Uninsured Driver" seems to get used way more than uninsured vehicle.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt