Author Topic: Bike vibrates from 85miles/hr  (Read 20534 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Bike vibrates from 85miles/hr
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
I don't hear loud pipes like maybe I did 10 years ago.  Owned a few Harleys with loud exhaust, and besides hurting my ears, no one would ride beside or behind me, for all the noise.  My current Dyna has stock exhaust, and is quiet enough to pass all EPA and local regulations.  My ears don't hurt and my head doesn't ache after a ride, and I'm good with that.

What drives me crazy are the squids on supersports with open exhaust, especially 600cc 4 cylinder ones.  Very aggrivating, especially when they are red lining every gear.  It is kinda funny when they miss a shift, because everyone in a half mile radius hears it...
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »
ok, guys, it's off topic, but I'd like to know: what is MOCO? Because in Spanish it means "snot"  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2014, 04:04:08 AM »
ok, guys, it's off topic, but I'd like to know: what is MOCO? Because in Spanish it means "snot"  ;D

It simply stands for Motor Company......the Harely Davidson MOtor Company.

I have no idea who started using it, but the Harley guys will sometimes refer Harley Davidson as "MOCO".

That's my understanding at least...somebody can correct me if I'm wrong;). My old man has a Glider, and so do all of his buddies, so I do get some limited exposure;).

Rem :o

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
First time I've ever heard of that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2014, 06:10:10 AM »
OP...did you ever find what was causing the vibration? was it a tire out of balance?

Offline tomp

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2014, 06:35:04 AM »
It simply stands for Motor Company......the Harely Davidson MOtor Company.

I have no idea who started using it, but the Harley guys will sometimes refer Harley Davidson as "MOCO".

That's my understanding at least...somebody can correct me if I'm wrong;). My old man has a Glider, and so do all of his buddies, so I do get some limited exposure;).

Rem :o

You are correct, sir.  The designation MOCO has become more popular in this interweb forum times, especially on H-D forums, as it is quicker to type than Harley-Davidson.  Even seen times when Harley has refered to themselves as MOCO. 

Now about that mysterious vibration at 85 MPH... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:58 AM »
First time I've ever heard of that.

Me too.