Author Topic: Changed oil, better results.  (Read 36742 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Changed oil, better results.
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 10:09:34 AM »
Interesting...

Do you resemble his remark?  You said you are an entertainer, do you do comedy?  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:41 AM »
I work on trucks! :)

The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
Interesting...

Don't let it go to your head....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »
Is he the guy with the cat?

I don't know until I go and check...

saxman

And yes, that is the standard punchline...
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »
Is he the guy with the cat?

I don't know until I go and check...

saxman

And yes, that is the standard punchline...

I checked, he is the guy with the famous cat.  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 01:31:01 PM »
Oh oh, we are not talking about a pet (no pun intended with the German gentleman's cat) peeve of mine. Quantum mechanics is not intuitive but with good reason: it does not make sense. After much study, continuing study I might add, of the Copenhagen theory, I say without reservation that Q.M. is easily one of the dumbest traps that smart people ever fell into. Heisenberg's uncertainly principle is fine, seems to be correct but it should have been left alone; once applied to anything real or tangible, it makes no sense because it does not apply. Remember, just because we cannot know exactly where something is does NOT mean it is not exactly somewhere. We can easily estimate the next card to appear out of a blind deck but the calculation means absolutely nothing once we actually see the card..... which means it did not mean anything before that either.

I actually recently had my son explain something to me from a class on number theory: if given three blind choices, say, A, B, or C, we choose one at random. Say we choose C. Now A is shown and that is not the right choice. Which leaves us with B and C, and then we are given a chance to stick with the original choice, C, or change our choice. The thinking here (more like mental masturbation IMO) was that since our odds were 33% initially, and the only choice not chosen or shown yet was B, then the statistical thing to do was change our choice to B because it now has a higher chance of being the correct choice. You see the odds increased for B because it was not a previous choice or the known quantity that A is now. What nonsense!!!

Like 'Big Al' said, 'The old one would not play dice with the universe'.

Now this is a quantum oil thread..... which means it has taken on nuclear proportions. I just hope it does not go off topic....

Brian

Of course I play sax...professionally, for some decades.  SATB.  I replied to your PM a long time ago.

...and I think quantum mechanics is just fine.  It is the simplest explanation that fits all of the observed facts.  Most folks do not find it very "intuitive".   

I taught the stuff.  I used to think I *understood* it.  Once I began to teach it, it became clear that I did not, in fact, understand it.  At all.

But I can write down the Schroedinger Equation and solve the problems...

saxman
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline PH14

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
Do you resemble his remark?  You said you are an entertainer, do you do comedy?  tp

Comedy ventriloquism. It has been a great career.

Offline PH14

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:18 PM »
Don't let it go to your head....

Don't worry, it won't.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
I checked, he is the guy with the famous cat.  ;)

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline PH14

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:47 PM »

Of course this box wouldn't work since the holes allow observation.

Offline PH14

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
This particular cat used a full synthetic oil to lube its claws, enabling him to make his escape.

Offline tomp

« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYyCHGWJq4

OK I get the cat thing now.  Kinda one of those "if a tree falls in a forest and there s no one there to see it fall, does it still make a sound?"

Offline tomp

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2014, 03:36:41 PM »
Outstanding! One of my all- time favorites is Paul Zerdin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htU6qYsLsEE

And to make sure we don't stray offtopic  ::)   I believe Paul is using pure mineral oil to lube the dummy in that video.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »
And I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything but is there any other kind of ventriloquism? Like, oh I don't know, surgical ventriloquism? You know, where the surgeon uses the dummy's hands to remove an appendix, for example? Classical pianist ventriloquism, where the ventriloquist uses the.... well, you get the idea.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »
And I just want say that this is by far the best oil thread I have ever participated in or even heard about. This should be the gold standard by which all future oil threads are measured.

Brian

Offline tomp

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
Outstanding! One of my all- time favorites is Paul Zerdin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htU6qYsLsEE

And to make sure we don't stray offtopic  ::)   I believe Paul is using pure mineral oil to lube the dummy in that video.

Brian
I had a hard time understanding him.  Bad hearing problem.  I'm a Jeff Dunham fan.  Love Walter, and will probably be him too soon.

PH14, any videos of you on the web we can view? 

On topic, I've found that my 14 shifts the smoothest w/o the clutch and the RPM around 3.5-4K... for normal in town riding. Slipper clutch makes for great down shifts, too, w/o clutching...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
And I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything but is there any other kind of ventriloquism? Like, oh I don't know, surgical ventriloquism? You know, where the surgeon uses the dummy's hands to remove an appendix, for example? Classical pianist ventriloquism, where the ventriloquist uses the.... well, you get the idea.

Brian
There is of course political ventriloquism but to keep this out of the Arena we won't be requiring examples.  8)
There is also a variation called anal ventriloquism which may be more familiar as  'talkin outchere a$$'.

Offline PH14

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »

Brian

Good, you went for our normal joke, tragedy ventriloquism... etc. I will say though, I usually emphasize comedy when doing promo, it tends to sell better than ventriloquism. I always have them put the word "comedy" first on any billing, the masses aren't exactly bright.