Author Topic: Changed oil, better results.  (Read 36722 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Changed oil, better results.
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2014, 04:14:04 PM »
Brian, perhaps before one is able to officially join a forum a small qualifying test should be taken.  To insure only the qualified are able to join, I recommend this simple at home test. 

http://www.us.mensa.org/join/testing/

Could I pass it?  I seriously doubt it, but would have fun playing with the crayons for a while.....
So we got to take a test on women's hygiene now?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2014, 04:14:47 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »
There ya' go Jim, fixed up for ya'.

Brian

Smartness is not a criteria to post here.  Having a sense of humor is, however, at least on the C14 boards.  I get seriously upset with serious people.  And yes, I've started drinking in 1964 and never looked back.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »
I love Pi, especially blueberry.

Key lime, please!  :)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline tomp

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »
Brian, it was just  bit of humor, levity, and sarcasm...
gPink, that was the best one liner I have read all day.  Thanks for the laugh...

My favorite is lemon meringue...
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline tomp

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
Brian, since you may need to replace your 14, here is a very interesting article,a riding friend sent to me today.  If you grew up during this articles time frame, it makes more sense, but is a great read, none the less....Hopefully, anyone here will enjoy this one..  I love the bikeexif site.  Some of the best customs currently built are here....tp

http://www.bikeexif.com/authenticity

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »
MENSA was dull...I expected fun, smart people.  It was mostly dull, self absorbed knowitalls.

Yeah, so I fit right in...but...

Hey, what kind of rear drive oil ya like???
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline tomp

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
MENSA was dull...I expected fun, smart people.  It was mostly dull, self absorbed knowitalls.

Castrol 75-90 synthetic is what I use.  Dammit, do you play sax or not?????

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »
Most highly intelligent people are dull. My experience is not that they are so self absorbed as they are detail orientated instead of results or function orientated.

Now, one group I have found to be highly intelligent AND great fun are professional comics. Some believe humor is based on intelligence.

Otherwise, it is best to leave the intelligent in their little world where they can interact with humanity as little as possible and chase the finest of ideas all the way to where they no longer make any sense. You know, quantum mechanics :-)

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »
I salute all of the REGULAR, folks here, who live for the life they have been given.   Ride when they can, live and love with all the gusto available, and enjoy being on two wheels when ever possible.   Life isn't really much fun.  Losing jobs, losing family, deadly illnesses, wrecking vehicles, not our fault, day to day chit, that drives us all crazy, are just a few possibilities that we confront. 

Even on the crappiest days, jumping on a bike and riding with no destination in mind, seems to make me feel just a little better.

FWIW, Looking into the sight glass, the oil Mobil 1 oil still appears fresh, but shifting hasn't been as smooth recently.  Any suggestions as to which oil to use to correct this malady??? tp

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »
I fear this is nothing but a well disguised come- on to goad someone into slipping up and again re- fueling the 'oil thread'.

Just for chuckles, try Pennzoil 10W-40- the plain ole' mineral car oil. Betcha' the shifting is like buttah.

After that, try any of the mineral 'fleet' oils: Devo, Devlac, Rotella: all are 15W-40 weight oils. Cut them with some Pennzoil 10W-40 and they will act better when the bike is not quite up to temp. To extend the life of the shifting quality of this fine mix, throw some ZDDP based cam break- in lube in there- just enough to raise the ZDDP content to about 1,500 to 1,800 PPM and no higher. Then stand back and enjoy your fine shifting handiwork.

Brian

FWIW, Looking into the sight glass, the oil Mobil 1 oil still appears fresh, but shifting hasn't been as smooth recently.  Any suggestions as to which oil to use to correct this malady??? tp

Offline tomp

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:24 PM »
Dang, Brian, you caught me... Just having a little fun.  Truthfully tough, shifting hasn't been as smooth lately.  I hate to dump $40-50 worth of good oil to see if there may possibly be any change.  Guess I just need to get into 6th ASAP, and enjoy the massive torque of the 14... tp   
FWIW, the 14 is my favorite of all the bikes in the garage, PERIOD...tomp

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:40 AM »
Of course I play sax...professionally, for some decades.  SATB.  I replied to your PM a long time ago.

...and I think quantum mechanics is just fine.  It is the simplest explanation that fits all of the observed facts.  Most folks do not find it very "intuitive".   

I taught the stuff.  I used to think I *understood* it.  Once I began to teach it, it became clear that I did not, in fact, understand it.  At all.

But I can write down the Schroedinger Equation and solve the problems...

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:47 AM »
Of course I play sax...professionally, for some decades.  SATB.  I replied to your PM a long time ago.

...and I think quantum mechanics is just fine.  It is the simplest explanation that fits all of the observed facts.  Most folks do not find it very "intuitive".   

I taught the stuff.  I used to think I *understood* it.  Once I began to teach it, it became clear that I did not, in fact, understand it.  At all.

But I can write down the Schroedinger Equation and solve the problems...

saxman

Is that the same guy with the cat?  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:04 AM »
No, it isn't.  Course he could have a cat or dog or fish or hamster or Llama or any nature of vertebrate or invertebrate at home.  Course he could have insects as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
No, it isn't.  Course he could have a cat or dog or fish or hamster or Llama or any nature of vertebrate or invertebrate at home.  Course he could have insects as well.

Hmmm... actually it is the same Schrodinger.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »
I sit corrected.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »
This falls into the category stuff I learned from "The Big Bang Theory".

Offline tomp

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13:27 AM »
saxman, maybe another you shared PM's with, or I wouldn't have asked.  Often we teach what we don't always understand.  Most any parent would agree that raising children is a mystery, but seems we do it anyway... 

Had to  stop drumming.  Arthritis and tinnitus made playing little fun.  Miss the playing, but not the 2:30 AM tear downs.

Offline PH14

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »

Now, one group I have found to be highly intelligent AND great fun are professional comics. Some believe humor is based on intelligence.

Brian

Interesting...