Author Topic: I been forked.... and I like it!  (Read 9564 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: I been forked.... and I like it!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 06:36:44 AM »
Are you guys talking about Kung Fu Grip Racing (KFG) in Auburn, WA? I had them do some work to my FZ1 forks, they do great work!
Yes, they are the ones, good to hear!
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 07:07:15 AM »
Jay: Yes, the sensor mounts on the outside exactly the same as an ABS equipped C-14 and this is what the sensor location looks like:

Brian

Hey Brian,

Just out of curiosity, is the cast sensor boss on the ZX14 fork exactly the same as the cast sensor boss on your 2008 C14 fork? ABS sensor in the center, with a screw on each side?

I happened to look down at mine today, and it looks like my 2010 ABS C14 has different ABS sensors, and different castings in the forks.

I just thought I'd mention it in case anybody with a 2010-up ABS equipped C14 is looking into swapping ZX14 forks in...a little research might be required.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline JamminJere

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:34 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread... Did anyone ever say why the newer (2012 and newer) zx14r fork won't work in our bikes? I think they are both 43mm forks. Is the taper at the top of the fork different? Is there any taper on the newer zx14r black forks at the top?

Thanks in advance,

JJ
There really isn't much different between the masses... and them asses..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:37 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

Searching and posting to relevant older threads is the proper thing to do...  You should not apologize!  Instead, I will thank you.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »
Did anyone ever say why the newer (2012 and newer) zx14r fork won't work in our bikes?

The quietness seems to indicate that nobody knows :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 10:37:57 PM »
The quietness seems to indicate that nobody knows :(

I was under the impression that the zx14 forks are 50mm and the c14 forks are 43mm. Just bought my C14 but i kinda remember my zx14 forks being thicker than my C14 forks

Edit:

Yea I  just looked at the connie and my friends zx14 (which is the same year and color as the one i owned) and they definitely look like the same size.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:21:15 AM by blueverclear »
Grant
08 Concours 14
04 Custom Roadstar Bagger
Sold: 07 ZX-14, 06 ZX10R, 05 FZ1, 05 R1, 03 Mean Streak, 00 Cbr 600 F4, 99 Roadstar, 99 Magna, 95 GSXR 750

Offline almightys

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 04:19:22 AM »
So to make sure I understand as I have an 08 and it's going to need suspension service soon. Figured it might be better to make this upgrade now.
I can use 06-11 zx14 forks, do I need the lower triple?
I'll need heavier springs of course
They'll have to add 10 mm spacer?
Are people putting in the online internal kits as well?

Thanks in advance for replies

Offline stelt

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »
This seems like a really good idea! I'm still a little ( a lot sometimes ) confused. So an older ZX14 fork set will fit my 2008 C14? Thanks if anyone knows...

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
So to make sure I understand as I have an 08 and it's going to need suspension service soon. Figured it might be better to make this upgrade now.
I can use 06-11 zx14 forks, do I need the lower triple?
I'll need heavier springs of course
They'll have to add 10 mm spacer?
Are people putting in the online internal kits as well?

Thanks in advance for replies
I sent my ZX forks to GP suspension and they put in their damping kit and springs for my weight. Used my OEM 08 Concours lower triple.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline almightys

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:35 AM »
I sent my ZX forks to GP suspension and they put in their damping kit and springs for my weight. Used my OEM 08 Concours lower triple.
So assuming you get a set of forks for 400, you are probably going to be north of 800 when you add in internals kit and shipping?

Just trying to gauge whether I'll need to ask permission or beg forgiveness lol

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 06:18:18 AM »
If you do it as she's trying on the new shoes that you just bought for her, it won't matter, she won't hear you.  ;D
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....