Author Topic: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14  (Read 32081 times)

Offline BigAlan

Re: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:40 AM »
Hopefully i will have attached a dyno pic of my bike before and after the remap. See the writing at the bottom if your not sure, before and after. All at the rear wheel obviously.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:00:27 AM by BigAlan »
2011 in Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 05:20:51 AM »
Thanks, BigAlan.  :finger_fing11:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:07 AM »
That's better than the Guhl flash!
I want my $$ back!
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2014, 07:28:24 AM »
Hopefully i will have attached a dyno pic of my bike before and after the remap. See the writing at the bottom if your not sure, before and after. All at the rear wheel obviously.

I've been on the fence about selling the Connie or keeping it and getting the ECU reflashed.  The dyno chart you posted is impressive.  Is this an ECU reflash or adding a power commander?  Are these new maps developed and tuned specifically for your connie on a dyno or is this a "standard" connie reflash similar to Guhl?  Finally, is your Connie stock?  If not, what changes have you made.

Pardon all the questions but I am VERY Impressed with your results and would like to do the same with my 2011 Connie.

Offline h2oplayer

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:23 AM »
This is my second C14, I had an 08 that I pulled flies and put a power commander and areap p slip on. Wow this really woke up the beast, front wheel came of the ground all the time. Had to sell the 08. But replaced it with the 12, I had  a full area P waiting before I picked it up. Rode the bike home from dealer 99 miles and pulled the ECU and over nighted it to Don at Guhl motors. I had them put the full system map in (muzzy map). I went this route as I wanted to keep the traction control fully functional and the flies are part of the system. Results were good but I felt they could be better. It was not as linear as my 08 and I had to work it a little to fly the front wheel. I added a power commander and paid for some dyno/tuning time. I ended up @ 159+ hp and 109+ tq. More importantly it was across the board improvement from 2500 and up. If you go this route make sure you turn the traction control off for the dyno runs. For those of you in the Seattle area I had this done over at the Brothers in Bremerton. They have the map on file.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
I've been on the fence about selling the Connie or keeping it and getting the ECU reflashed.  The dyno chart you posted is impressive.  Is this an ECU reflash or adding a power commander?  Are these new maps developed and tuned specifically for your connie on a dyno or is this a "standard" connie reflash similar to Guhl?  Finally, is your Connie stock?  If not, what changes have you made.

Pardon all the questions but I am VERY Impressed with your results and would like to do the same with my 2011 Connie.

My GTR as that's what there called over here is a 2011, the only changes are a Beuwolf exhaust and a K&N air filter, flies still in, the bike was put on a Dyno and via the white plug on a lead next to the ECU a remap of the system was carried out, no PC no nothing apart from the fuelling sorted out correctly as my bike was way to lean.

I have friends here who have the same bike completely stock and have had the same results from a Dyno run and remap.

It's a different beast now, a pleasant one at that.

Alan
2011 in Black

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Beuwolf exhaust

Please elaborate what you mean by "exhaust".  Do you mean just a muffler (Google finds nothing)?  Or full exhaust system [intake/pipes] or what?  Your before/after is hard to explain (your dyno chart it is too much of a difference based on what we have seen  previously without a PC and more elaborate stuff like a full exhaust system replacement... which is why so many questions).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
Max - This is prob the exhaust brand BigAlan is referring to: http://www.beowulfuk.com/

And it looks like only silencers are listed for the GTR1400 ... but good golly do they sell a lot of different choices!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
Max - This is prob the exhaust brand BigAlan is referring to: http://www.beowulfuk.com/

And it looks like only silencers are listed for the GTR1400 ... but good golly do they sell a lot of different choices!

Probably.  Just checked:  http://www.beowulfuk.com/products.asp?cat=2482

And in which case....  A muffler-only replacement makes little overall power difference, ECU flashed or not (same with air filter).  It just shifts any restrictions to pipe, CAT, and exhaust header.  So I am left puzzled by his dyno chart which would indicate that perhaps 98% of the change is just the ECU flashing.... and that is just hard to believe for the numbers indicated... isn't it?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »
Probably.  Just checked:  http://www.beowulfuk.com/products.asp?cat=2482

And in which case....  A muffler-only replacement makes little overall power difference, ECU flashed or not (same with air filter).  It just shifts any restrictions to pipe, CAT, and exhaust header.  So I am left puzzled by his dyno chart which would indicate that perhaps 98% of the change is just the ECU flashing.... and that is just hard to believe for the numbers indicated... isn't it?

It is just the end part of the Exhaust (Muffler) i have changed, nothing further from the front pegs.

I have no idea about technical stuff apart from the bike is completely different and a pleasure to ride now, i guess Mr K sticks a stock ECU in every European bike no matter where it goes, my bike was lean all up the rev range, now it's sorted, i have no intention of selling this bike now, i was going to trade it out in September as i was getting fed up with jerky throttles and lumpy engine, now the bike is staying right where it is.

I was in the Dyno booth when Geoff did the remap, i watched every run up through the rev range and saw the progress being made on each print out so i know its genuine.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:43:18 AM by BigAlan »
2011 in Black

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 07:21:48 AM »
It is just the end part of the Exhaust (Muffler) i have changed, nothing further from the front pegs.

I have no idea about technical stuff apart from the bike is completely different and a pleasure to ride now, i guess Mr K sticks a stock ECU in every European bike no matter where it goes, my bike was lean all up the rev range, now it's sorted, i have no intention of selling this bike now, i was going to trade it out in September as i was getting fed up with jerky throttles and lumpy engine, now the bike is staying right where it is.

I was in the Dyno booth when Geoff did the remap, i watched every run up through the rev range and saw the progress being made on each print out so i know its genuine.

Alan

I don't doubt your results are genuine.  My current thinking is to get those type of results you have tune each bike individually to get the max power out of it.  I have seen others post similar gains.  The Guhl map may be more conservative to account for variations between motorcycles and wear over time.  It is an ECU swap with new maps and no follow up dyno tuning.  There may be some margin built into the fuel maps to account for this variation.

Maybe time for a call/email to Guhl.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 07:26:32 AM »
I don't doubt your results are genuine.  My current thinking is to get those type of results you have tune each bike individually to get the max power out of it.  I have seen others post similar gains.  The Guhl map may be more conservative to account for variations between motorcycles and wear over time.  It is an ECU swap with new maps and no follow up dyno tuning.  There may be some margin built into the fuel maps to account for this variation.

Maybe time for a call/email to Guhl.

I reckon your right, mine was indeed a personal map carried out on my bike, not a general one developed by someone miles away, i know the standard of fuel varies around Europe so Kawasaki put in a general mapping, so as i say mine is personal to me, and boy do i like it.

Alan
2011 in Black

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
FYI

What a Beowulf looks like on a GTR

Offline h2oplayer

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
FYI

Beowulf on my GTR

Love that green.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
It is quite nice, for green.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
Love that green.

Thank you................I like  it  ;D  :chugbeer:

It is quite nice, for green.

That'll be the Le May in you talking ..................... :rotflmao:

Ain't you good old boys had Mr K's dark green your side of the pond yet?

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »
Thank you................I like  it  ;D  :chugbeer:

That'll be the Le May in you talking ..................... :rotflmao:

What would really finish the dark green off would be Jays Golden Swedish Suspenders  :thumbs: :rotflmao:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
What would really finish the dark green off would be Jays Golden Swedish Suspenders  :thumbs: :rotflmao:

;D :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

I think we have morons figuring out colors for us over here.  Let's see, three times we'll have had some sort of silver color.  They keep going back to the same paint cans and peeing in them to see what colors come out of that.  They have the imagination of door knobs...... :censored: morons....and I'm being kind.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
....root beer