Author Topic: Happy Anniversary  (Read 10924 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Happy Anniversary
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »
To my C-14: it will be six years old tomorrow (25 July). Closing in on 100K miles and still love the bike.

Just got confirmation from Kawasaki regarding the extended, extended warranty too- it is under warranty until 2016.

What a country! (America, where I bought my C-14 :-)  )

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Spanky

Re: Happy Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:41:19 PM »
Happy Anniversary Brian! Here is to many many more! Many thanks to you for all the help you give on this forum - ride safe.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »
WoW Congrats on all that, the bike, mileage and expended warranty.

KiPass allows them to warranty these bikes FOREVER.  Although I plan to part mine out on ebay at around 200,000 miles.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 08:31:08 PM »
Very cool indeed Brian, congrats to you and your steed!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »
I had thought that three warranties (one OE and two extended) was the limit but the dealer was not sure. Maybe, just maybe, they will extend it one more time which is kinda' funny really.

I am not so much planning on keeping this one as it happens that I have no thought to replace it. If I were to replace the bike right now the only thing I would consider would be another C-14 or possibly (remotely I think) one of 'dem V4 Hondas with the half- swingarm (VFR, the new one). It is a nice bike and I was impressed with it (the Honda) but it would be expensive to farkle up to where I have my C-14. A new C-14 presents the same problem, I have this one farkled within an inch of its life and frankly am not looking forward to doing it all over again with a new C-14 either.

But I will say with utter confidence that I would throw a leg over this one right now and point it west again for one of those short- time skedaddles. And that means something to me because in the middle of the night one cannot help wondering how far off I-90 those bears really are.... and how long since they fed on anything as tasty as robust Concours rider....  :-\

Brian

WoW Congrats on all that, the bike, mileage and expended warranty.

KiPass allows them to warranty these bikes FOREVER.  Although I plan to part mine out on ebay at around 200,000 miles.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
Thanks. I actually enjoy trying to figure out some of the puzzles presented here by everyday people riding these bikes. And I was around in the really early days when no one knew anything about these things and it was great moving forward with the forum learning, figuring things out and generally tinkering with the machine with other interested, supporting people. Much better than doing it alone (easy boys!). I in turn thank everyone who participated then and those who participate now because as a collective, we are pretty clever I think. I really enjoyed different people adding different facets to the Rostra installs on various C-14's, some of which were quite slick in my opinion (not my stuff but other contributors with a bracket here, a wiring change there, etc.). It really was a collective effort and great aspect of our ability to communicate, share pictures, stupid ideas, etc., across distance and even language. And these two forums (this one and the other C-14 based forum) are pretty good examples of the better aspects of the 'Net I think.

Brian

Happy Anniversary Brian! Here is to many many more! Many thanks to you for all the help you give on this forum - ride safe.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
Congrats- we are glad you discovered the C14 all those years ago and are still here.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline PH14

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »
Congrats and Happy Anniversary to you and your bike! What a great couple.  :chugbeer:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:18 AM »
Congrats Brian!  :finger_fing11:
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 04:44:07 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 04:48:58 AM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs:   Mine will be 6 years in about a week...  Only about half the miles, though.  Looking forward to making 100k as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37:17 AM »
What a country! (America, where I bought my C-14 :-)  )

That's a continent  ::)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »
Actually it is two continents if you want to view it that way.

I was referring to an old punch line from a Russian comic (Yackov?).... all of his jokes ended with 'What a country!'

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
Just got confirmation from Kawasaki regarding the extended, extended warranty too- it is under warranty until 2016.

With your mad wrenching skills do you ever bring it in for warranty work?

Offline Canada44

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
Congrats Brian  ;D ;D

It great to see the C14 with all the miles on them and with happy owners !

cheers
Paul
2010 ABS C14

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
Yep. I have a local dealer that has an excellent service dept.; I would not and have not hesitated to have my bike serviced by them for warranty work. I also had some elective work done there way back when.... Kawasaki wanted the bevel assembly, the final drive assembly and the ECU out of my bike because I had pretty high mileage on it and they wanted to review the parts for wear. The factory send the dealer replacement assemblies and the dealer swapped them, so almost the entire drivetrain on my bike was replaced with 40- odd K miles on it.

My bike has had several warranty issues that the dealer has handled and I am quite satisfied with both them and Kawasaki. Not to say that this would not be the case with, for example, Honda, Yamaha, etc.,  because I think it would amount to the exact same thing.

In fact, I have recommended the dealer to others who have come to them for service from as far as New Jersey (I am in RI, at least 3 hours north of northern New Jersey). Everyone has been happy with the service as far as I am aware and I have regular contact with those people.

Brian

With your mad wrenching skills do you ever bring it in for warranty work?

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »
Congrats Brian. Great to know we can get 6 figures out of our bikes. Thanks for all the advice and humor you've brought to the group. My 09 (bought in 10) is half the age and has a third of the miles but I plan on riding it through those 6 digits.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
:thumbs: :thumbs:   Mine will be 6 years in about a week...  Only about half the miles, though.  Looking forward to making 100k as well.

^^^^^Garage queen Jim 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »

Oh, don't even start with that!!

We in the USA are "Americans", not "USA'ians" or "United Statesians".  It is stupid it turned out that way, but that is the way it goes. 

If you are referring to the continent, it is "North America" or "South America".  There is no continent named "America", that is a country (the USA).  If you want to mean someone in Canada and/or USA and/or Mexico, then it is "North American".  Then there is "Central America[n]" which is NOT a continent, it is just a southern most region of North America or the people in one of those small countries.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
Congrats- Happy Anniversary!!!
Joel from Maine.