Author Topic: Happy Anniversary  (Read 10926 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Happy Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
Hey Martin, now that you got Max wound up 'bout the definition of "America", ask him about 'the war between the states'.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I believe American can mean either to be of the Americas (both continents combined to make 'America') or a citizen of the United States of America, often abbreviated as 'American'. Further, through common usage, saying "I am an American" is usually taken as meaning a National of the United States rather than someone who comes from somewhere in the new world....

But what is the past tense of "hang"? Is it hung or hanged? (that ought to keep you folks busy for a while)

Brian

Oh, don't even start with that!!

We in the USA are "Americans", not "USA'ians" or "United Statesians".  It is stupid it turned out that way, but that is the way it goes. 

If you are referring to the continent, it is "North America" or "South America".  There is no continent named "America", that is a country (the USA).  If you want to mean someone in Canada and/or USA and/or Mexico, then it is "North American".  Then there is "Central America[n]" which is NOT a continent, it is just a southern most region of North America or the people in one of those small countries.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »

We in the USA are "Americans", not "USA'ians" or "United Statesians".  It is stupid it turned out that way, but that is the way it goes. 

If you are referring to the continent, it is "North America" or "South America".  There is no continent named "America", that is a country (the USA).  If you want to mean someone in Canada and/or USA and/or Mexico, then it is "North American".  Then there is "Central America[n]" which is NOT a continent, it is just a southern most region of North America or the people in one of those small countries.

Thanks, Dietrich!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
Wow, how about all these pups, huh Jim?

Deitrich was a character on a sitcom named Barney Miller. His stchick was that he knew at least something about absolutely everything and he was always correct. It was actually a pretty funny character on a not- too- bad TV show. I still liked Fish the best.... Let's see- I think the show was on in the 70's when Max was probably - 7 years old.

;D

Brian

??
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 07:12:56 PM »
Wow, how about all these pups, huh Jim?

Deitrich was a character on a sitcom named Barney Miller. His stchick was that he knew at least something about absolutely everything and he was always correct. It was actually a pretty funny character on a not- too- bad TV show. I still liked Fish the best.... Let's see- I think the show was on in the 70's when Max was probably - 7 years old.

;D

Brian

Never liked that show.

In the 70's I could have been anywhere from 2 to 12...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 04:13:48 AM »
Actually, it was 'The War of Northern Aggression'.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 05:45:18 AM »

::)

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
To my C-14: it will be six years old tomorrow (25 July). Closing in on 100K miles and still love the bike.

Just got confirmation from Kawasaki regarding the extended, extended warranty too- it is under warranty until 2016.

What a country! (America, where I bought my C-14 :-)  )

Brian

My 6-year is this month too BD, though I dont feel like digging out the paperwork to figure out what day.  Man it just does NOT seem like that long!!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
The "War of Northern Aggression" has been used by those who maintain that the Union side was the belligerent party in the war.
 The "War of Southern Aggression", conversely, has been used by those who maintain that the South was the belligerent party
Or as some say , just another stupit WAR .
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
But what is the past tense of "hang"? Is it hung or hanged? (that ought to keep you folks busy for a while)
Brian

Hmmm...another thread about nothing at all....?   For some of us hung is present tense. Not me, unfortunately.

I'm somewhat late to the party (story of my life). Belated congrats' Brian!, and thanks for all your contributions to the C14 collective.  :thumbs:

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
Congrats!  A lot of us old timers are hitting the 6 year mark this month.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »
To my C-14: it will be six years old tomorrow (25 July). Closing in on 100K miles and still love the bike.

Just got confirmation from Kawasaki regarding the extended, extended warranty too- it is under warranty until 2016.

What a country! (America, where I bought my C-14 :-)  )

Brian

I sang the same song to mine on the 7th, and am also glad to say she's covered by GTPP thru 2016 also....
C'mon over and help me install the Rostra I've had sitting here in a box for 5 years... 8)
Congrats bro!!

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
Thanks.

Yep, this is about the first the bikes were available back in '07. If I remember right, there might be a few people who actually purchased one of these as early as June but I do not think too many. July '07 is when the first numbers of these things started showing up.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
Well golly gee Rich, I think I already DID help a little bit.... http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/Rostra%20install.htm

;D

I am in the middle of trying to learn how to put up a proper web page and when or if that happens, I will include those instructions on my own page along with a handful of 'Do's and Don'ts' that we have learned over the years. Also I will try to address the most common problems I can remember being asked about. Funny thing is that when I first put up that tutorial, I really thought that the large problems would be mechanical as there is quite a bit of tinkering, some light fabrication and general mechanical aptitude required to  install one of those (Rostra). But the real problems have been almost exclusively electrical (and not even electronic really), followed by relatively simple mistakes; the mechanical side just has not been much of an issue and in fact quite a few people have conjured up some really slick, clever methods of mounting things, especially the end of the Rostra control cable.

Brian

I sang the same song to mine on the 7th, and am also glad to say she's covered by GTPP thru 2016 also....
C'mon over and help me install the Rostra I've had sitting here in a box for 5 years... 8)
Congrats bro!!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
Yeah, I've seen the photos of the way those no good Federals started that war by stopping those flying rebel cannon balls with the fort walls of Fort Sumter. Ba$tards!

;D

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
ah, nobody got killed.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
Ah, only kinda' true. No one was killed in the shelling of the fort or the fort's answering shelling. But when the Federals fired a cannon to salute the flag as they struck colors, the cannon blew up and killed two Union soldiers. So ironically the first deaths of the more than 600,000 that would follow were Union soldiers, killed by Union artillery in a post battle action.

Brian

ah, nobody got killed.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
Thanks. Good to see you are still around Clyde; long time, no post. We've been working out the nuances of KiPass, oil and filters, car tires on motorcycles and HID lighting. I think a resolution to all of these subjects is just around the corner. Yeah, that's it....

Brian

Offline okxd45

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 07:34:15 PM »
Congrats Brian! Quite an accomplishment indeed...
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »

Or so you learnt.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.