Author Topic: ProjektD Rear Fender Eliminator and Rear Hugger  (Read 17676 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: ProjektD Rear Fender Eliminator and Rear Hugger
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 05:22:24 AM »
Conrad,

Thank you!!!!!!!!!  The pics (especially the one showing the back of the brake line bracket) finally makes mounting that braket on the right side crystal clear.  :thumbs:     Perhaps SkidMarx should use that one in their instructions  :o

Now I just need some time to get this done...I'm going out of town on business starting tomorrow for the whole weekend.  :(  Weather is supposed to be nice and if I was home I'd probably have gone riding anyway.  Next rainy day, this is my priority!

Thanks again for all the back and forth communication on this...I owe you a cold one!   :hail: :chugbeer:

I'll take you up on that cold one! I'm glad to be able to help. Yeah, the weather is gonna be perfect around here for riding for at least the next 4-5 days! It's 63 here right now, Chet's perfect riding temp.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rowlander

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
How about this fender eliminator kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-Fender-Eliminator-BRAND-NEW-/320692371315?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aaac13f73

It does require the use of the bolt-lights (LED style included).  $48 with free shipping, made of 5052 aluminum that is black anodized.
I have this one and would reccomend using it without the included bullet light plate bolts. Seem too flimsy and kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:02 PM »
I have this one and would reccomend using it without the included bullet light plate bolts. Seem too flimsy and kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.
Having previously had the bolt-lites (not the LED kind), I can agree. If you need to take things apart, you NEED to have quick disconnects for the electrical connections (and don't combine the left and right positive and negative wires so you can get them apart).

The LED bolt-lites look to be better as the thread is thinner. The old incandescent ones like I had were a larger thread than the license plate had and the plate had to have the holes drilled out.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Rowlander

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »
Having previously had the bolt-lites (not the LED kind), I can agree. If you need to take things apart, you NEED to have quick disconnects for the electrical connections (and don't combine the left and right positive and negative wires so you can get them apart).

The LED bolt-lites look to be better as the thread is thinner. The old incandescent ones like I had were a larger thread than the license plate had and the plate had to have the holes drilled out.
It is really upsetting when you wire, solder and shrink everything together all nice and tucked in and realize that you forgot to put the license plate on. Not that I would know that feeling...haha