Author Topic: New C14 owner!!  (Read 12466 times)

Offline Centurion

New C14 owner!!
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
I went  to my local shop, and for the first time ever, I saw a Concours. Previously the store had sold them before they could be uncrated!! Talk about love at first sight. I sat on it, and it felt so right.. Wow, the power! I had to have it!

Shop hooked me up and gave me a discount and threw in a six year unlimited miles warranty. Plus I got 0% APR. Total out the door $17,750. Thank you North County House of Motorcycles. They removed the freight and setup fee for me in addition to hooking me up with the warranty. Good guys. Highly recommend.

I took it out for a ride today, wow what a feeling! Worth the wait! And I  certainly can understand why they are so popular.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: New C14 owner!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
Congrats, but that sure sounds like a bit high of a price to me.  ???
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »
Did you get a 2013?  The power can be intoxicating.  Keep an eye on speedo or be prepared to make interest payments on traffic fines. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
Congrats!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »

I took it out for a ride today, wow what a feeling! Worth the wait! And I  certainly can understand why they are so popular.

Sweet!

In 1994 I went to my local dealer  to buy a chain and sprockets for my '79 KZ1000-LTD, and I noticed a '93 Concours on consignment. I asked "how much?", and they replied they had a new '94 model in a crate that I should consider.

170k miles later...

Welcome to the nut house :)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Centurion

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
Congrats, but that sure sounds like a bit high of a price to me.  ???

There was a dealer markup of $1,500 over MSRP because the bikes sell out so quickly. The dealer told me that all dealers are doing this because of the popularity of the Concours.  ;D I feel lucky to have obtained one.

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 01:16:56 AM »
Welcome to the club. Great site for tech tips and product advice. Chippies in the North County like to stop and ask you questions about the C14 also. Don't ask how I know....
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:12:29 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 04:21:53 AM »
Welcome to the club!
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »
There was a dealer markup of $1,500 over MSRP because the bikes sell out so quickly. The dealer told me that all dealers are doing this because of the popularity of the Concours.  ;D I feel lucky to have obtained one.

Welcome! I'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble but your dealer fed you a line of BS to the tune of $1,500. Not that these bikes aren't worth it...     ;)

Most, if not all, of us paid under MSRP, not over.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline novacon

• nova scotia t
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 05:42:17 AM »
Happy for ya Bro ! But it does kinda hurt me to say congrats to someone who is able to ride on Christmas Day since I CAN'T !. But  , in the spirit of Christmas here goes....ccccongrats from Nova Scotia where it's to dang cold and too much salt on the road to ride.  :'(
2010 connie

Offline mbishara

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 06:00:11 AM »
Congrats from Montreal.

I also just signed for a new 2012 Concorde 14 on Christmas Eve.

I went to give the dealer the keys to my other bike that he's storing and came out scratching my head at an impulse buy :).

I wanted this bike from day one but a lot of  people told me to go for something smaller since I was a brand new rider.

Two years kater I mnow what type of rider I am, along with my capabilities and I believe that i'm good for this bike right now.

My main usage will be city riding along with the occasional multi-day trip.

The occasional multi-day is the issue. If my wife is ever to come with ne on any of those trips I needed a better bike than my GSX 650F.

It was a little bit too rough on Montreal's bumpy roads when riding with a oassanter. She was being jokted snd bounced around and my Corbin seats didn't help much.

I could have done a lot of modifications such as a suspension upgrade and the bike was an awesome bike that could have done what I wanted. It's just that the Connie would always do it much better.

Larger engine which is better for two up riding over long distances
Electric adjustable mirrors
Better suspensions
Better braking system
Heavier (I like that)
Traction Control
Better instrumentation panel (tire pressure etc)
Way way better seating arrangement that was way better suited for a passanger (even when compared to my Corbins)

This is all theoretical but I just sat on it and this machine talked to me once again. It whispered. It said that I made a mistake two years ago and not to make the same mistake this time. "Do not leave without taking me home" ;).

So I can't wait for springtime.

Offline koval68

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
Welcome! I'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble but your dealer fed you a line of BS to the tune of $1,500. Not that these bikes aren't worth it...     ;)

Most, if not all, of us paid under MSRP, not over.
You've purchased one of the best sport touring motorcycles in the world...congrats!
Unfortunately, your dealer fed you a lot of bs instead of giving you a price break. C-14s do not sell out quickly, not in Canada anyway!

@mbishara.   Congrats to you too and welcome! I've heard horror stories about the cost of licence plates for large displacement motorcycles in Quebec! Is it true? How much for Concours?
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
Congrats! As Rick said, welcome to the nut house!

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
After a while, the whole price thing won't matter... you'll be out enjoying the bike, and probably in the middle of your farkling dilemma (we ALL do it, there's no shame in it).

But, you DO need to post a pic in order to make this thread valid.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Tarheelbob

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 10:36:03 AM »
Congrats to a another new owner! You will LOVE this bike. Enjoy every mile. I know I am! :chugbeer:
When life hands you lemons, go get the tequila and salt.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 11:45:11 AM »
Congrats on a great bike.  The dealer has a reputation for inflating but if you are content that is all that matters in the end.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/north-countys-house-of-motorcycles-vista

Supply and demand may dictate prices but I ALWAYS travel when buying a bike as my local dealers rip off the military regularly so there is no over supply here.  Look forward to your posts, again it is a great bike.

Offline booger

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Congratulations.

Don't let these guys bust your bubble on pricing.  Assuming it's a 2013 with 6yr warranty, 0% financing  and TTL included, you did OK.  Might could have done a little better, but 1000 miles from now you won't really care ;)

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
Congrats. And welcome. You found a great site for useful info. I am waiting to take delivery of my third C-14. These bkies are amazing. What color did you get. I am waiting on a silver 2011.
Joel from Maine.

devilboy

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Welcome !  when I bought my 2008 Victory Vision in Sept 2007    after seeing a test mule in Key West FL in June.  The engineer was wearing full leathers and full face helmet in 90+ weather and stopped to chat with me. when I returned from weekend I went to my local Victory Dealer also my Kawi dealer and left a deposit for $500. Bike was delivered in Sept 07  and was second one delivered in entire country.  YES I paid MSRP  and I dont care.  I did much better on my 2012  Concours  which I purchased day before 2013s were introduced. I paid   $12,750+ Tax for my Connie. It is definitely worth  much more!!! We can always make more $$$ ;D