Author Topic: ProjeKt D LED mirror turn signals installation and review  (Read 37442 times)

Offline MGvaleri

Re: ProjeKt D LED mirror turn signals installation and review
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
To remove the mirror I go warmed his support in PVC and put the mirror, I would do so.
Removed the mirror will open up a world of solutions.

Dear friend of many other things I C14 C14 routes, due to two accidents had in 2 weeks .... Joy ..

MGvalerio. 8)
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
Just got my bike back yesterday from my deer strike and I had them add my turn signal mirrors  at the same time.
I left work just before sunset and with the sun on the mirrors they are almost invisible but as it turned darker they really looked nice.
I try not to ride in the dark but at times have no options and anything that makes me stand out is great. I also have bag reflectors and Admore lights in my KAWA 47l top box. Maybe I have gone overboard?
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:25 AM »
Maybe I have gone overboard?

Making yourself more visible is always a good thing!

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13:09 PM »
Just put a three and a half hour ride with these new mirrors and find that the curve on them gives me a better view than the OEM mirrors. I had spot mirrors on both sides before and now I don't feel the need to put them back on. Of course the spot mirrors were pretty much where the signal is placed.
The OEM mirrors are perfectly flat and distortion free and these new signal mirrors probably should say "warning objects are closer than they appear" but the distortion is just right!
My riding buddy was impressed enough that he was going to look for ones for his st1300.

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
If drivers can't see your turn signals during daylight hours....the accessory is worthless as an additional safety device!
Ninjawarrior

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
If drivers can't see your turn signals during daylight hours....the accessory is worthless as an additional safety device!

Pretty much. I installed the left side but haven't even bothered with the right side.

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »
While I agree that in mid-day sun the signals are not bright enough I feel that they are easily seen in Morning, Evening and Night conditions. I seem to remember that dusk can be the most dangerous driving time due to our eyes adjusting to changing lighting conditions and these are very noticeable then.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
While I agree that in mid-day sun the signals are not bright enough I feel that they are easily seen in Morning, Evening and Night conditions. I seem to remember that dusk can be the most dangerous driving time due to our eyes adjusting to changing lighting conditions and these are very noticeable then.

Good point!

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
looks like they just mount on your mirror and would show all the time, even when not turning one would show an arrow?

nice price

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
looks like they just mount on your mirror and would show all the time, even when not turning one would show an arrow?

nice price

I think they wire into you're existing blinkers and only light up when you turn your blinkers are on.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
I just saw these ones listed on ebay...  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFX-2pc-RED-7-LED-MIRROR-TURNING-SIGNAL-ARROW-LIGHTS-KAWASAKI-MOTORCYCLE-/390493650765?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AConcours%7CSubmodel%3A14&hash=item5aeb3c3f4d&vxp=mtr

But those would block visibility in part of your mirrors.  Plus they appear to be red when they should really be yellow...

I see they do offer them in yellow (perhaps on other auctions), but also very illegal blue and green too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »
That's why I stick around here...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline leisyman

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:58 PM »
A few days ago, I found a picture on this site of a C-14 whose owner had mounted LED strips inside the mirror enclosures to enhance turn signal lighting. The turn signals appear to be visible from the side as well as the rear and I really like that idea. Now I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I would like very much to ask the person who mounted the strips about where he/she routed the wiring from the mirror enclosure to inside the fairing. would like to hide the wires if possible.

Anyone have suggestions or information?
Thanks

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 12:59:52 AM »
A few days ago, I found a picture on this site of a C-14 whose owner had mounted LED strips inside the mirror enclosures to enhance turn signal lighting.
Anyone have suggestions or information?
Thanks

I don't know if you saw mine (page 1 of this thread?) or someone elses, but..
I did that, after seeing what Fred Harmon did to his:http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/image/128363786
The link below shows what I did, and another thanks to V'Jim for sharing the pdf instructions from ProjeKt D which I used to modify my original install to a much better one, but possibly made my instructions more confusing when I edited/updated my post. When you get the mirror cover off you will see a tube that the mirror housing rotates about. The wire goes down through this tube and through a hole that you drill and then into the bikes fairing. Since the wire goes down through the tube, the mirror housing can rotate around it without pulling on the wire.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10842.msg132499#msg132499

Offline leisyman

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »
EXACTLY!  Thank you, and thank you for the link to the explanation of the wiring. Perfect.
will begin this weekend and post results

:) :) ;D ;D

elp_jc

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2015, 12:20:14 AM »
No offense, but what you're suggesting would look like crap; that's probably why nobody has done it. If you want the next best thing, then what the link above shows would be my preference. But yes, a built-in mirror turn-signal with several LEDs would be visible from the sides, blind-spot, and back, just like many modern cars have. And a nice feature to have... especially if you add blind-spot warning in the mirror 8). Having said that, if you ride defensively all the time, you don't really need any of that IMO. Also keep in mind both front and rear turn-signals are perfectly visible from all angles ::). Good luck.

Offline Maverick

• I rode below sea level...and survived
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2015, 08:08:15 AM »
I use the LED bright orange lights from Hyperlite, (same wiring as projekt D) inner corner of both sides, no obstruction, but very visible in any weather conditions, from behind and most importantly within blind spot.

GTR Club Europe Member # 388
1400 GTR 2008

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
I use the LED bright orange lights from Hyperlite, (same wiring as projekt D) inner corner of both sides, no obstruction, but very visible in any weather conditions, from behind and most importantly within blind spot.

That is a creative idea!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc