Author Topic: looking at new Connie  (Read 15484 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: looking at new Connie
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »
Just to be absolutely sure you guys understand, we are just having a couple of chuckles about KiPass, not anything directed at you personally and nothing intended to insult or belittle anyone. It is just that KiPass has been such a hot topic in the past that those of us who have had our C-14s for a while and participated in this forum for a while generally find it pretty amusing.

Hang around here for a while and hopefully it will amuse you folks as much as it amuses the group generally.

Brian

I don't know either, I'm still trying to figure that out.  :o

and what's the joke on the KiPass??? kinda left me in the dust lol
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
Yeah, like I said just the other day on the other forum... Having Cap'n Bob explain KiPass is like having Captain Ahab teach someone how to fish....

Funny thing but there was just a rash of KiPass postings on the other forum in the last few days. The usual complaints:
I pried a boulder out of my backyard with the stove knob key and now it won't come out of the ignition!

It is easier to reach into my pocket, fumble with a bird's nest of keys and slide the small key out of the fob than it is to reach all the way to the front of the bike for the stove knob key.

And that favorite old standby- I nearly had a fatal KiPass incident but I am such a genius I figured out how to outsmart it! I took the key out of the fob and held the fob against the bump in the ignition and the bike started! (like the instructions in the owner's manual clearly state).

Brian

I wonder if we could get the cap'n to take'em to school?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
mo pawa !!!! ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 04:41:12 AM »
I read, with great amusment, the current kipass threads 'over there'. SSDD   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
Thanks for the replies, how does it do two up?? I'm 5'8, 160 and she's 5' 115. I found leftovers 10 for 13,600  11 for 13,900 and got a dealer down from 15,900 to 14,200 on a 12, how do those prices sound?/ I thought they were pretty good and is there any difference between the 11 and the 12??

thanks
300 more for the 2012? That's a no brainer. When you trade it in later, it will be more than $300 you will recoup. When you ride the 2011 off the lot, it magically turns into a two year old.
2008 C-14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »
300 more for the 2012? That's a no brainer. When you trade it in later, it will be more than $300 you will recoup. When you ride the 2011 off the lot, it magically turns into a two year old.

And the 12 comes stock with black wheels.  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
I'm not sure I would consider that a plus.... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »

That is all very true, however it won't be BLUE unless you get the '10.

So let's sum it up,(A) save $600 (at least, and you should be able to do better $, and make sure it's an ABS model),(B) you get a BLUE C14, and (C) you don't have to ride around in public on black wheels.  That would be win-WIN-win!  :thumbs:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »
All years of C-14 have black wheels, at least a black front wheel, if you use '08 / '09 front brake pads. It only takes about 15 minutes.... Great pads, lots of grab but I would not have believed that pads that last so long could make so much dust. Put another way, 10 oz. worth of brake pads seem to make 300 lbs. of brake pad dust- it is like magic.

My wheels are getting really beat up and I am thinking about painting them a medium- dark, steel gray. That ought to annoy about everyone but I think it would be a good color for the silver (which in '08 was really gray in my opinion) bike.

Brian

And the 12 comes stock with black wheels.  8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »
Dodge had just that color a few years back. Looked real good on the dechromed Road King I had before the c14. Had just a little bit of flake.

[/quote]

[My wheels are getting really beat up and I am thinking about painting them a medium- dark, steel gray. That ought to annoy about everyone but I think it would be a good color for the silver (which in '08 was really gray in my opinion) bike.

Brian

[/quote]

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »
My wheels are getting really beat up and I am thinking about painting them a medium- dark, steel gray. That ought to annoy about everyone but I think it would be a good color for the silver (which in '08 was really gray in my opinion) bike.

Brian

I think that would look great Brian, my dad did his wheels on one of his cars in that color and it looked very cool, kinda like a gun metal color.  8)

I've been thinking of doing my Kawi and Connie badges in the color...  :-\

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 04:36:53 AM »
Why not black on black?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
So how does the connie do with 2 up? I would like to do a test ride but the nearest test ride is 300 miles away. I can't even find 1 to set on yet.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
So how does the connie do with 2 up? I would like to do a test ride but the nearest test ride is 300 miles away. I can't even find 1 to set on yet.

Where are you?

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »
Fort Ashby WV 26719

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
Fort Ashby WV 26719

Sorry too far away. Otherwise I'd be happy to let you ride mine.

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »
Yeah thanks anyway but that's a little too far

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
Fort Ashby WV 26719

You are less than 400 miles from Sport Cycles of Rockingham, NC.  Got my 2012 there in May for $12900.  Flew over and rode it home.

If you ever have gotten on your bike with your gloves already on and realize you left your bike keys in your pocket, you will appreciate KiPass.  ;)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Kanuk14

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
I'm 53 years old and have had so many bikes looking for that Holy Grale. Cruisers to VFR to ST1300, Vstrom etc. List is too long. I love the Suzuki Bandit but when I followed the Concours from 2008 model to the second gen 2010 I was hooked. I bought my 2011 last August and I will honestly say that I have found my perfect bike. It's not for everyone but it is for me. My cousin has alway rode BMW for the last 40 years and they are fantastic bikes however I have rode his many times (R1200RT - 2009) and it's great but not for me. I like the inline 4 and the sound and feel. I just love this bike and if it were stolen or lost to me in any fashion, I would buy another one right away.

Demo one and that will tell you right away.

Cheers, Dave

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
You are less than 400 miles from Sport Cycles of Rockingham, NC.  Got my 2012 there in May for $12900.  Flew over and rode it home.

If you ever have gotten on your bike with your gloves already on and realize you left your bike keys in your pocket, you will appreciate KiPass.  ;)

+1. Great place to buy a bike.