Author Topic: looking at new Connie  (Read 15477 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: looking at new Connie
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »
That is all very true, however it won't be BLUE unless you get the '10.

So let's sum it up,(A) save $600 (at least, and you should be able to do better $, and make sure it's an ABS model),(B) you get a BLUE C14, and (C) you don't have to ride around in public on black wheels.  That would be win-WIN-win!  :thumbs:

^^^^^^plus the blue ones are chic magnets and go faster
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »
I seen sportcycles has an 11 and 12 in stock at least that's what E bay says. I'm excited about getting on 1 in trying it out

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
Well I haven't nailed down a concours 14 yet but I've been taking all of the aftermarket parts I put on the rockets and I'm going to put them on the r 3 site for sale in I'm going to put the original equipment parts back on the rocket. Those parts include jardine exhaust p c 3 passenger floorboards solo seat and front fly screen. I really want to ride a concours and see what it's like I hope I like to ride as much as I do the specs. Not sure what I'll be getting but I know the rocket is going

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
Well I haven't nailed down a concours 14 yet but I've been taking all of the aftermarket parts I put on the rockets and I'm going to put them on the r 3 site for sale in I'm going to put the original equipment parts back on the rocket. Those parts include jardine exhaust p c 3 passenger floorboards solo seat and front fly screen. I really want to ride a concours and see what it's like I hope I like to ride as much as I do the specs. Not sure what I'll be getting but I know the rocket is going

You're about 1 1/2 hrs from me. I'm on the pa side of MD/PA border. There is Ridersville Cycle in Berkeley Springs. Great dealer.... I bought a 2010 Polaris 850 Sportsman Touring from them and a little Outlaw 50 for my son. Their service work.... I don't care for. Not sure if they have a C-14 right now. Their is Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown MD and I know they have a 2012 black as I just saw it last week. I've bought a 2009 V-Storm 650 from them new and it was a great experience. Their service dept is top notch. I've had everything there.... 2 atvs and 3 bikes. You'll have to have a deal pretty much in hand from somewhere else for them to come down to as they are a little tough negotiating with... I gave them a shot on the big Polaris in 2010 but they couldn't come close to ridersville otd price but on the Wee Storm they matched them.

If you give Twiggs a call... Ask for Keith. Great group of guys really and the owner is a fantastic... Not afraid to get his hands dirty and help out kind of guy.
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
You're about 1 1/2 hrs from me. I'm on the pa side of MD/PA border. There is Ridersville Cycle in Berkeley Springs. Great dealer.... I bought a 2010 Polaris 850 Sportsman Touring from them and a little Outlaw 50 for my son. Their service work.... I don't care for. Not sure if they have a C-14 right now. Their is Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown MD and I know they have a 2012 black as I just saw it last week. I've bought a 2009 V-Storm 650 from them new and it was a great experience. Their service dept is top notch. I've had everything there.... 2 atvs and 3 bikes. You'll have to have a deal pretty much in hand from somewhere else for them to come down to as they are a little tough negotiating with... I gave them a shot on the big Polaris in 2010 but they couldn't come close to ridersville otd price but on the Wee Storm they matched them.

If you give Twiggs a call... Ask for Keith. Great group of guys really and the owner is a fantastic... Not afraid to get his hands dirty and help out kind of guy.

I bought mine from Ridersville, great transaction.  Highly recommended and I do not think you will beat their pricing.  Sport Cycle in Rockingham, NC is on the same level.

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
Thanks Jimmy Patriot,

I tried Ridersville, no C-14 in stock, wasn't good on price either,  I tried them on another bike a few months ago and the price was good but the PR was at the bottom of the barrel. I'll have to try Twigg in Hagerstown and be sure to talk to Keith, thanks for the reply

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Thanks Jimmy Patriot,

I tried Ridersville, no C-14 in stock, wasn't good on price either,  I tried them on another bike a few months ago and the price was good but the PR was at the bottom of the barrel. I'll have to try Twigg in Hagerstown and be sure to talk to Keith, thanks for the reply

There is a place in Weirton WV that has 2012's also, sounds like they are ready to deal, I also tried Morgantown, Parkersburg and Romney

Offline Mr. Man

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »
I went to Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC today to check on what they had regarding their Connie inventory. They no longer had any 2011 models, but had  one black and one red(?) 2012 models on the floor. The red one was sold and was being picked up today. I asked if they had any red ones out back. Wrote a check for one still in the create and will be picking it up next weekend (damn, a whole week with no sleep). Price was $12798.  :chugbeer:

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
I went to Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC today to check on what they had regarding their Connie inventory. They no longer had any 2011 models, but had  one black and one red(?) 2012 models on the floor. The red one was sold and was being picked up today. I asked if they had any red ones out back. Wrote a check for one still in the create and will be picking it up next weekend (damn, a whole week with no sleep). Price was $12798.  :chugbeer:

Very nice price. My local dealer here, Twiggs, has a hard time selling sport tourers. Theyve been sitting on the c-14 a while as well as a FJR and even an ST 1300...and recently sold a VFR 1200 after over 2 yrs on the floor. They sell lots of goldwings and sportbikes and some metric cruisers but the local market wants Harleys or sportbikes and goldwings. An even tougher sale around here are nakeds. They have a CB 1000 for a long time now that I would love to steal from them.
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

Congrats.......

Offline JeffM

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
Very nice! That red took a bit of time to grow on me, but I really like it now.

Offline Mr. Man

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »
Yea, I actually went there with the black Connie in mind. I was surprised to here myself ask if they had a red one out back.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »

Congrats! That burgundy color is nice.  Great price, too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

Good deal!  If you want any OEM accessories negotiate now.  They offered to sell me parts at 20% off.  You might could do better.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Mr. Man

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
Will do. Hope to take advantage of that. Just a 2 hour drive for me, so not too bad. Will be driving my 07 M109 ( hate to give it up) down on Saturday and coming back home on the Connie. Can't wait!

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
Well that new C 14 is 3 weeks old now and has 1700 miles on it. This is no commuting just riding when I get a chance but I can't seem to stay off of it. I told my girlfriend I had the saki fever she didn't understand till  I told her it was the kawasaki fever. so far I have 2 inch risers, MCL'S  peg lowering kits, projek D radiator guard, T Rex sliders, M C enterprises front and rear cages, Murph's highway pegs, I am loving this bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:20 AM »
Excellent!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.