Author Topic: looking at new Connie  (Read 15479 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: looking at new Connie
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I didn't say him or I, nor you, nor anyone else in particular is grouchy  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
Get a Stebel and the horn turns into a nice way to get attention.

+1

Very first "Farkle" I added, after lowering the bike/seat to make it possible to ride.  I consider it an essential safety upgrade.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
Can you guys give me a link to this horn you're using? Oh....and....Kipass mo pawa!!  Yeah Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that out, but at least I'm trying!  :P
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline Canada44

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
I almost made the mistake of buying the rocket 3. I test rode it and loved the power. Then I test road a Connie 14 and knew that was the bike for me. Buy the Connie you won't regret it ;D

cheers
C44

2010 ABS C14

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
Can you guys give me a link to this horn you're using? Oh....and....Kipass mo pawa!!  Yeah Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that out, but at least I'm trying!  :P

I know most will recommend the Stebel Nautilus, and while this is a worthy choice, there is a 'new kid' on the block.
The Banshee horn is also an ear bleeding 139 decibels, but also incorporates a headlight modulator with it. You
can read about it here:  http://screaming-banshee.com/banshee-horn-warning-system
You can purchase just the horn, or just the modulator, or both combined on the 'Full systems", and now they offer something
called the 'Screamer", which I don't know enough about.. Maybe it disintegrates the vehicle in front of you.. who knows..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 05:03:47 AM »
Ha Ha, I just read this and went out and checked my horn for the first time. What the hell is that!!! Time to upgrade that thing!! On a side note, I just found out that I have hazard lights too!! Hey, don't beat me up to bad, I've only had it for 3 days. I guess I should finally sit down and read the manual front to back.  :-\

meeep meeep
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 05:30:41 AM »

I bought my wiring harness from Murph's kits, I just checked his site and he only shows the HF-80 harness.  I'm sure if you contact him he could point you in the right direction.  Amazon usually has the best price on the Stebel Nautilus.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 08:23:58 AM »
meeep meeep

Ha Ha, it actually sounded like "Weak Weak".  :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
If you ride one don't be afraid to wring it out, nothing but smooooooth useable power.

This is good advice. Coming from a VTX and a Valkyrie 6,000 rmp was high revs. The C14 is just getting started at 6K. It took me a bit to get used to spending time in the 7-10K range.

Offline PH14

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
Ha Ha, I just read this and went out and checked my horn for the first time. What the hell is that!!! Time to upgrade that thing!! On a side note, I just found out that I have hazard lights too!! Hey, don't beat me up to bad, I've only had it for 3 days. I guess I should finally sit down and read the manual front to back.  :-\

Yeah, the OEM "horn" is scary. I upgraded mine and got the horns from Murph's. I used his wiring harness but extended them because I needed more length to mount the relay where I wanted. here is the thread pertaining to it: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8845.msg107946#msg107946

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
I just cruised into a triumph dealer. My brother is in the market for a new bike, and he was looking at Victory Cross Roads, HD Steet Glide, and the Vulcan Voyager or Vaquero. Someone told him about the Rocket III Touring- so we went to take a look. I was shocked to discover that bike has 140ci or 2300cc! I was like, how much power does that triple have? Unfortunately the dealer didn't have a demo, but geez that bike was big. I thought the Concours was powerful - and she is, but I guess it's a different kind of power delivery.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »
I just cruised into a triumph dealer. My brother is in the market for a new bike, and he was looking at Victory Cross Roads, HD Steet Glide, and the Vulcan Voyager or Vaquero. Someone told him about the Rocket III Touring- so we went to take a look. I was shocked to discover that bike has 140ci or 2300cc! I was like, how much power does that triple have? Unfortunately the dealer didn't have a demo, but geez that bike was big. I thought the Concours was powerful - and she is, but I guess it's a different kind of power delivery.

Maximum Power 105bhp @ 6000rpm

Maximum Torque 150ft.lbs @ 2500rpm

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.9 US gals

Wet Weight (ready to ride) 869lbs
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

Maximum Power 105bhp @ 6000rpm

Maximum Torque 150ft.lbs @ 2500rpm

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.9 US gals

Wet Weight (ready to ride) 869lbs

Wow- not that much HP, lots of torque and HEAVY!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies, how does it do two up?? I'm 5'8, 160 and she's 5' 115. I found leftovers 10 for 13,600  11 for 13,900 and got a dealer down from 15,900 to 14,200 on a 12, how do those prices sound?/ I thought they were pretty good and is there any difference between the 11 and the 12??

thanks

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
and what's the joke on the KiPass??? kinda left me in the dust lol

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

I don't know either, I'm still trying to figure that out.  :o

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »
Hey everybody look- new guy said the <k-word> and he does not even own one yet!

;D ;D ;D

KiPass... ah, what can I say. You should do a forum search on 'KiPass' but take a tranquilizer and have a drink first, it is going to be a rough ride. It's got thrills, chills and spills. KiPass is far more than the sum of its components, it is a true legend that surpasses all other aspects of both motorcycling as well life as we know it.

OK, on a serious note: KiPass is a remote authentication system unique to the Kawasaki C-14. You carry a fob on your person and when you are within about 5 feet of the bike, you can start / unlock / open the saddlebags, fuel tank or seat lock (by using the key formerly locked in the ignition switch) at will. It is a Mitsubishi system and [he says while wearing a flack jacket and asbestos underwear] very well  overall. Some people like it, some people do not like it. A few people hate it and a few people love it. Most people don't really have a strong opinion either way but KiPass is the single biggest emotion generating device found on a C-14.

Be wary now though because Kirby the KiPass Maskot may be along to weigh in on this issue and he is just about immovable in his stance on KiPass (and everything else)- you might say he is rigid to a fault. Don't let the little guy offend you though, he really has contributed a lot to our overall knowledge of the bike.

Wow, just imagine, someone's first time getting introduced to KiPass.

<ROFLMAO> two times.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
Wow, fresh KiPass meat all over the place today.

;D

Brian

I don't know either, I'm still trying to figure that out.  :o
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
I wonder if we could get the cap'n to take'em to school?

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Hey everybody look- new guy said the <k-word> and he does not even own one yet!

;D ;D ;D

KiPass... ah, what can I say. You should do a forum search on 'KiPass' but take a tranquilizer and have a drink first, it is going to be a rough ride. It's got thrills, chills and spills. KiPass is far more than the sum of its components, it is a true legend that surpasses all other aspects of both motorcycling as well life as we know it.

OK, on a serious note: KiPass is a remote authentication system unique to the Kawasaki C-14. You carry a fob on your person and when you are within about 5 feet of the bike, you can start / unlock / open the saddlebags, fuel tank or seat lock (by using the key formerly locked in the ignition switch) at will. It is a Mitsubishi system and [he says while wearing a flack jacket and asbestos underwear] very well  overall. Some people like it, some people do not like it. A few people hate it and a few people love it. Most people don't really have a strong opinion either way but KiPass is the single biggest emotion generating device found on a C-14.

Be wary now though because Kirby the KiPass Maskot may be along to weigh in on this issue and he is just about immovable in his stance on KiPass (and everything else)- you might say he is rigid to a fault. Don't let the little guy offend you though, he really has contributed a lot to our overall knowledge of the bike.

Wow, just imagine, someone's first time getting introduced to KiPass.

<ROFLMAO> two times.

Brian
[/qu

WOW !!!! and you say it has power reverse too??????? ;D  ooooohh  aaaaaahhhhh  can't wait.............  KiPass  Kipass  Kipass  mo pawa