Author Topic: The most epic thread that I ever read!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
The most epic thread that I ever read!
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
It is a long read but if you have the time you need to check these guys out.  I will tell you that one of the main characters (Clif) just got his motorcycle endorsement and bought a K1600GTL to take a trip to Alaska with his pen pal (judgebill).  Clif is naive (possibly mentally impaired) about the world and doesn't know the first thing about motorcycles or wildlife.  Some parts are hysterical, and others are..... well, just sad.  Never read or heard of such a crazy story, thought some of you might find it as entertaining/appalling as I did.   ;D

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802106
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
Re: The most epic thread that I ever read!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
I've been following this thread from the beginning. I have to admit I've never read anything like it. I've not been able to come up with words to describe Clif.
I like what he's doing though, it seems nobody ever told him he couldn't do it. If they did he didn't listen, if he survives he'll treasure the memories of this ride for the rest of his life.
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
I would like to sit down and have a conversation with Clif.  Part of me thinks he is an idiot savant but sometimes he just seems like a determined yet naive man that has led the most sheltered life this side of the moon.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
Wow, what a epic ride for those two.
Hope they return safe.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"