Author Topic: Feeling guilty...  (Read 2199 times)

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
Feeling guilty...
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »
So had to leave.  Again. For a month this time.  Meant to fill the tank all the way to prevent condensation while I'm gone, but forgot in the craziness that is my life.  I've been in the habit of keeping the tank slam full while gone, but am wondering now if I am going to come home to some rust...

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: Feeling guilty...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
for a month? forget it. I'd look into a new bike right away. Just send me the remainings  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:44 AM »
So had to leave.  Again. For a month this time.  Meant to fill the tank all the way to prevent condensation while I'm gone, but forgot in the craziness that is my life.  I've been in the habit of keeping the tank slam full while gone, but am wondering now if I am going to come home to some rust...

For a month no.... But that is absolutely the best way to prevent or at the very least reduce condensation; we do the same here on board ship with our "Day Tanks" gas tank to you. They are kept closest to 90 % full for the same reason and to reduce free surface turbulence in rough weather too. I do the same with my bike as much as I can too; keep in mind that I'm gone 28 out of every 42 days so I use Stabil year round and try to top off before I pick up the bike for each hitch. My tank still shines as new inside at 11 years old.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »
For a month no.... But that is absolutely the best way to prevent or at the very least reduce condensation; we do the same here on board ship with our "Day Tanks" gas tank to you. They are kept closest to 90 % full for the same reason and to reduce free surface turbulence in rough weather too. I do the same with my bike as much as I can too; keep in mind that I'm gone 28 out of every 42 days so I use Stabil year round and try to top off before I pick up the bike for each hitch. My tank still shines as new inside at 11 years old.

T-Cro--->  Thats is EXACTLY why I'm feeling bad about it.  We've always kept both day and set tanks full if possible.  Sail Army brother!!

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
T-Cro--->  Thats is EXACTLY why I'm feeling bad about it.  We've always kept both day and set tanks full if possible.  Sail Army brother!!

Merchant Mariner here... 30 years total 16 plus years on the Great Lakes.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
I'd skip the Stabil and use Sea Foam.  I swear by that stuff!  Stabil is well, stable, but that Sea Foam is great in that it does more than just preserve the gas....  But that is just my two cents!

What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler