Author Topic: ABS ..in TILT ...ruota posteriore.  (Read 6301 times)

MGvalerio

ABS ..in TILT ...ruota posteriore.
« on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »
La pedana freno rimaneva bloccata senza alcun potere frenante.
Per ripristinare la funzione ho bypassato invertendo i tubi olio della pedana freno in corrispondenza dell'ABS,non ho più la funzione ABS sulla ruota posteriore,con questa manvra,ma così il freno posterore ora frena. Al momento di tale impuntamento del pedale freno la spia ABS non segnava alcun guasto.Operazione semplice da fare.
Secondo la spesa che dovrò sostenere per ripristinare la funzione ABS alla ruota posterire il tutto sarà molto vincolante.

PS. Troppa ruggine sulla parte inferiore del serbatoio,a lungo andare................

http://youtu.be/WlvArykYp_g

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline chipmaker

Re: ABS ..in TILT ...ruota posteriore.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »
Sorta translated:

The platform was blocked without any brake stopping power.To restore the function I bypassed reversing oil brake pipes of the platform at the ABS, I no longer have the ABS function on the rear wheel, with this manvra, but so now brakes brake recesses. At the time of this peaking of ABS light brake pedal not marked any failure.Simple task to do.According to the spending that can I expect to restore the function ABS rear wheel all will be very constraining.PS. Too much rust on the bottom of the tank, in the long run ... ... ... ... ....
2012 Ram Express
2012 C-14
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ugocon

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »
Translation:

The brake pedal remained blocked with no braking power.
To get the braking effect back, I bypassed and inverted the oil pipes of the brake pedal in correspondence to ABS (UGO: I have no idea of what it means). Now I have no longer the ABS function on the rear but at least I have the braking effect back.
While the pedal was blocked I received no warning from ABS light.
The whole operation has been simple to perform.
According to the cost needed to fix the ABS on the rear wheel, I will repair it or not. (UGO: I assume that the ABS is still working on the front wheel)

BTW, after removing the tank I discovered a lot of rust on the bottom: that's not a good sign and in the log run... (UGO: serious damages could happen)

UGO's comment: I didn't see the clip yet, but as per Valerio's e-mail to me, that should clearly show the procedure he followed.
Now he can brake, but he lost the ABS function on rear.
It looks an annoying failure anyway... ???
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

MGvalerio

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Translation:

The brake pedal remained blocked with no braking power.
To get the braking effect back, I bypassed and inverted the oil pipes of the brake pedal in correspondence to ABS (UGO: I have no idea of what it means). Now I have no longer the ABS function on the rear but at least I have the braking effect back.
While the pedal was blocked I received no warning from ABS light.
The whole operation has been simple to perform.
According to the cost needed to fix the ABS on the rear wheel, I will repair it or not. (UGO: I assume that the ABS is still working on the front wheel)

BTW, after removing the tank I discovered a lot of rust on the bottom: that's not a good sign and in the log run... (UGO: serious damages could happen)

UGO's comment: I didn't see the clip yet, but as per Valerio's e-mail to me, that should clearly show the procedure he followed.
Now he can brake, but he lost the ABS function on rear.
It looks an annoying failure anyway... ???

OK..... Amico UGOCON. ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
Are you saying the rear brake is totally not working due to an ABS malfunction?  I don't think we've seen that over here yet.  At least we haven't heard about it.  What's the warranty like in Italy?  What year bike is it.  Can't tell by colors as you guys get different ones than us.  Course if MG took it in, they would take one look and go Aie Carumba!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

MGvalerio

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »
Are you saying the rear brake is totally not working due to an ABS malfunction?  I don't think we've seen that over here yet.  At least we haven't heard about it.  What's the warranty like in Italy?  What year bike is it.  Can't tell by colors as you guys get different ones than us.  Course if MG took it in, they would take one look and go Aie Carumba!

C 14 ABS MY 2007  :)

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline ugocon

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Yes, he suddendly felt his brake pedal blocked.
He thought it was due to the pump and checked it but the pump worked perfectly.
Thus he realized that it was the ABS for the rear wheel only.
He also never heard around of this problem and he is thinking if it happened when he needed the rear brake badly!  :o
It seems a very serious problem, exclusively mechanical since no warning on the electronic side....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
Having the rear brake go out totally because of an ABS failure seems strange indeed.

MGvalerio

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »
Having the rear brake go out totally because of an ABS failure seems strange indeed.

unfortunately it is true. :(

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
I looked up the complaints for here in the US on the NHTSA site and there wasn't anything ABS related that I could find for either the 08 or 09 bikes.  Doesn't mean there weren't any, though.

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:35 AM »
Sounds to me that one of his brake lines plugged up and by reversing the plumbing it allowed the fluid to flow which gave him his braking capabilities back for the rear. Haven't heard of it before, but anything is possible. Wonder if he switched it back it would work okay now.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

At 2:29 you can see the fuel tank on the sofa. He probably watched Italy beat Germany in the European Football Cup by 2 to 1 while hugging the tank, and the Signora Valerio asking: "Caro mio, what are you toing?!"

PS: good luck tonight with Spain :thumbs:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »
I didn't know they played football in Europe.

MGvalerio

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »

At 2:29 you can see the fuel tank on the sofa. He probably watched Italy beat Germany in the European Football Cup by 2 to 1 while hugging the tank, and the Signora Valerio asking: "Caro mio, what are you toing?!"

PS: good luck tonight with Spain :thumbs:

http://youtu.be/DTDIawauvYM 
   Grazie ...vinceremo  ;D 

Offline ugocon

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »
We didn't win....  :( :( :(

In another forum they found a recall affecting MY08 and 09: perhaps Valerio's bike is MY08 but registered in 2007...
it's interesting anyway.
Also, who knows if this has been the cause of Valerio's problem.

http://unsafeproducts.eu/2009/01/23/motorcycle-%E2%80%93-rear-brake/

Description
The recall affects 2008 and 2009 model year motorcycles with serial numbers:
1. ZG1400A8F : JKBZGT40AAA005036 to JKBZGT40AAA015140
2. ZG1400A9F : JKBZGT40AAA019001 to JKBZGT40AAA021969

Type and model number
Motorcycles, model ZG1400A8/A9F, 1400GTR

Danger
Injuries

The product poses a risk of injuries because, due to the shape of the brake pedal, small stones or other road debris can become trapped between the pedal and the rear master cylinder actuating rod. This can overheat the rear brake, potentially leading to damage and locking or failure of the rear brake, causing loss of control or immobilizing the motorcycle.

Measures
Voluntary corrective actions taken by the importer.

Reporting country
Greece

RAPEX Reference no.
0166/09

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
That recall is for a shield in the rear brake pedal assembly.  Results are mixed with that recall.  We've seen owners with the shield still get rocks clogging up the works.  MG needs to take a peek in his assembly and see if he's got gravel or rocks in it. Typically the rocks prevent the pedal from returning and the rear brake overheats.  I guess it could cause it not to work as well.

I've had it done to mine.  I tend to stay off gravel roads, though, but gravel can come from a hard surface road too.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
I'm not good at this translation stuff.  Some one please correct me if I'm wrong...

"my ABS brakes were F___ed so I cut the line to the rear and all is good now because I don't need no stinkin rear brakes anyway because real men don't use rear brakes".
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline ugocon

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
Ehm... no... :-[

Real men ONLY use rear brakes! ;D

That's why he fixed the rear brake and got rid of the f....g ABS!

ABS is for girls!
 :rotflmao: