Author Topic: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike  (Read 52111 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
Taking the 08' up to Michigan for the Police vehicle trials this weekend. They will have the Connie, BMW, HD and Can Am Spyders this year. Anything in paticular anyone wants to know? Will be talking to reps about their vehicles so this would be a good time to speak up.
Please, please, please, make sure them stock stones aint anywhere in sight.  What screen ya running?  I'd say for those who may not of ridden her before it may make a big differance.  Any mods, such as the flyectomy or PCIII/V?  And the seat, hope you have something other than the Japanese torture device in place.
When talking to the reps suggest a set of LSL risers and of course upping the alternator output and consider a bigger battery (or second?), plenty of room in that space with very little work.  I think our folks in uniform deserve the very best, which is even in stock form, the C14, with a few very simple tweaks it isn't just better, it outclasses anything else currently out there.  I'd even go so far as to suggest the simple mod of flies gone, PCV and Auto tune, at dealer price and labor you're looking at what, under $600 for very real gains in rideability, performance, and yes, economy.  I have not had a MC ride my '08 yet tell me how much better their BMW or ST, or Harley (just to be fair) bike was.  All I get is smiles and traces of drool followed by the "I wish my department had the $$"

Offline F-106

CHP C-14 BIKE PHOTO
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »
My folks were at the CHP retirement weekend . They had the new C-14 on display. Dad told me the head motor instructor said it was good for 170mph. Dad said it had a Corbin seat and backrest pad on it. These are the first photos  I have seen of the bike. Two years ago I went to the retiree's weekend with dad and we were told the CHP was testing the C-14 but did not see any.Thought I would share it.......F-106

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:27:01 PM by F-106 »
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: CHP C-14 BIKE PHOTO
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2012, 02:02:05 AM »
I bet they'll leave the potato launcher on  for intimidation purposes...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
You Tube video of the GTR1400 and FJR1300 police bikes in the UK...

Police Bikes Yamaha FJR1300 & Kawasaki GTR1400 Intro movie
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline pistole

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
- these big tourers sure have plenty of road - presence !

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
You Tube video of the GTR1400 and FJR1300 police bikes in the UK...

Love the CHiP's soundtrack!  :thumbs:

Offline marku8a

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
So I talked to a CHP officer standing next to his BMW this evening. I asked when he was going to get his Concours. His reply was "Not going to happen". According to him, they are having maintenance and reliability problems and are not purchasing more. I asked for specifics. Apparently most problems relate to the accessories that are added to make the bike a police bike. They guy didn't sound ultra knowledgeable about the details so take this post with a grain of salt.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »
basically due to wiring/load/main fuse capability

Offline Xelvic

Police Concours spotted
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
I think they were New Mexico State Police.

Concours 14 Police 2

Concours 14 police
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Police Concours spotted
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »
Cool!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
I've seen some out on the road here in Colorado.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
I could do that.... :rotflmao:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
Nice vids
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Sean K

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2013, 04:39:02 PM »
New member here.  Traffic Sergeant from Mesa PD in Arizona.  We have over 20 Concours.  It is currently the only duty bike we use.  We love them but are looking to put Helibars on all of them.  We equipped three with the Helibar system and all three riders loved them.  Any feedback on the Helibars or other similar systems would be appreciated, especially from LE members. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:01 AM »
Welcome to the asylum, Sean!  We have a number of members here using the Heli bars including myself.  I love them.  What outfit provided the customization for your bikes?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2013, 06:12:37 AM »
I have the Heli horizons and love their adjustability.  I thought KAS offered rises from 1-4 inches with a ton of pullback made specifically for the police motors?   I have an 09 and after spending money on wedges and risers I am completely happy with the Heli's. I ride a 2012 R1200RTP on the job and the Heli Horizons on my C14 make the position very comparable to the RT.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2013, 12:28:42 AM »
I have the Heli horizons and love their adjustability.  I thought KAS offered rises from 1-4 inches with a ton of pullback made specifically for the police motors?   I have an 09 and after spending money on wedges and risers I am completely happy with the Heli's. I ride a 2012 R1200RTP on the job and the Heli Horizons on my C14 make the position very comparable to the RT.

+1 I resisted for a long time due to price but once I took the plunge, I never looked back. Perhaps the best farkle I put on this bike.

Offline Sean K

« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
Welcome to the asylum, Sean!  We have a number of members here using the Heli bars including myself.  I love them.  What outfit provided the customization for your bikes?

Probity Cycle from Mesa, Az did our bikes.  Our drop bar system and entire set up is outstanding.  We have had no electical issues whatsoever.  Our only mechanical issues with our bikes were all covered by Kawasaki under warrantee e.g. fork seal, water pumps. 

Our only complaint is the handle bar system.  We do have risers on them, but it's not enough for the shorter riders.  We have three bikes outfitted with the Helibars and the difference is remarkable.  We are trying to find funding to outfit the remaining 20 or so bikes.  The only down side to the Helibars is when one of our riders with the Helibars has to ride a spare bike, he has a hard time adjusting back to riding the bike with the stock bars.   That's why I want to put them on all the bikes.

My e-mail is sean.kelly@mesaaz.gov if anyone wants to send me info on this topic or any other topic related to LE Motors, especially relating to the Concours.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
Probity Cycle from Mesa, Az did our bikes.  Our drop bar system and entire set up is outstanding.  We have had no electical issues whatsoever.  Our only mechanical issues with our bikes were all covered by Kawasaki under warrantee e.g. fork seal, water pumps. 

Our only complaint is the handle bar system.  We do have risers on them, but it's not enough for the shorter riders.  We have three bikes outfitted with the Helibars and the difference is remarkable.  We are trying to find funding to outfit the remaining 20 or so bikes.  The only down side to the Helibars is when one of our riders with the Helibars has to ride a spare bike, he has a hard time adjusting back to riding the bike with the stock bars.   That's why I want to put them on all the bikes.

My e-mail is sean.kelly@mesaaz.gov if anyone wants to send me info on this topic or any other topic related to LE Motors, especially relating to the Concours.

What sort of problem did you have with the fork seals?

It seems strange that your shorter riders are having issues with the bars. I'm a shorter rider and have no such problems. It seems to me that the taller riders would have more issues than the shorter riders would.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrSkydriver

• Gregg Hackett
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »
I had one parked in front of my office last week.  I'm right around the corner from the Court and he was waiting for people driving away that had just had their license suspended..... :P

He said their's were converted by someone in Michigan I believe and it was the electrical problems that were causing them problems.  I think he said they will be going back to HD......... :'(

Anyway, here are some pictures I took.  Santa Rosa, CA (Sonoma County - that's Wine Country to you)

Gregg
Gregg Hackett - MrSkydriver@gmail.com 
'08 Concours ZG 1400 '03 Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Santa Rosa, CA
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional