Author Topic: Seat Confort  (Read 25846 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Seat Confort
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
I like it!

I think you are ready for a scooter. ;)

I got your scooter right here!  I don't think so.  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 06:51:36 PM »

LOL!  Looks like something a geriatric robo-cop would use
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
The pants have arrived and I must say they are quite comfortable, at least walking around with them on.  Haven't got to ride the bike with them.  I did go for a short ride into Fredericksburg this morning and back.  It was quite warm and I had a good chance to try out the shielding on the seat.  It appears to feel cooler, but then again it wasn't a longish ride but it was warm outside.  I guess the jury is still out for now.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »
...and the bars?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:27 AM »
No, I didn't go to any bars.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2012, 06:06:16 AM »
:banghead: h a n d l e b a r s !

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2012, 06:07:31 AM »
Oh....nevermind.

Actually they felt great.  I'll be updating my thread on the STs today on what I ran into and my thoughts on them... ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2012, 06:26:31 AM »

Couldn't find any open at 5 in the am?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
 :rotflmao:   No.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
Jemmons, I removed foam in a patten taken from my butt. I refer to it now as "magic fingers"....just a thought.

INteresting. In the picture I am wondering what the marked W at the bottom of the picture has to do with things and the design?  Is it significant in the modification?

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
reading this thread has been a rare treat. Having raced triathlons and bikes for years and using Chamois butters and cremes and shaving as part of the self preservation from road rash in the inevitable crashes that come with racing on 1 inch 100psi tires and the contact patch with the pavement while cornering at 30 mph I found humor thinking of men who had never been exposed to the world of chamois, butters and such. Was laughing uncontrollably till SPock put me over the edge and I am laying in bed crying while my girlfriend is trying to sleep after a couple hundred miles in 105 degree heat today. All I can say is well done gentlemen.

BTW I wear dry wick compression shorts, Under Armour Heat Gear shorts and Olympia Recon 3 mesh pants. Not much problem with those even on these ultra hot days this summer.

Real Chamois used in Pearl Izumi comes from real Chamois (because despite the tears of laughter that's waht the other half wanted to take away from this)

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline gthomas15229

• 2011 C14 Black
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
I have a friend with the Triumph Sprint who had these people customize his seat and they did a great job. I understand they will do exotic seat covers, as well. When it gets cold I am going to take my seat to them and have them lower it and change the foam density. Luckily they are only about 10 miles from my house.
http://www.sweetwaterseats.com/contact.html
'06 C10 gone to salvage heaven
New ride 2011 C14 Black new left over