Author Topic: Ford transit Connect  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Elfmaze

Ford transit Connect
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
God, I want this little van to be able to hold a bike!   27 mpg's and a affordable purchase rate.  I have heard stories here and there of guys having success with fitting a bike in..  But the GTR is one hella bike to try squeezing.   I'm going to go to the ford dealer and see if he'll let my roll up inside to check spacing.   I REALLY want it to work.  I use an Econoline currently and its getting old and dead like.  with the 12 Mpg i don't exactly miss it.   But the 40K for a sprinter just stings. 

Offline Elfmaze

Re: Ford transit Connect
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
The picture from motorcyclistonline.com that got me thinking.

And some of the camper versions would be great if it could tow a light bike trailer :(

A camper version by Kevin Hornby designs. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinhornbydesigns/with/5358386049/

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:55:17 AM »
A buddy of mine came to Denver to pick up a Bimoto Mantra. He had no problem fitting it into a Honda Odyssey. I think that gets pretty good gas mileage. But I do think the C14 is taller then the Mantra.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
A buddy of mine came to Denver to pick up a Bimoto Mantra. He had no problem fitting it into a Honda Odyssey. I think that gets pretty good gas mileage. But I do think the C14 is taller then the Mantra.

I have an Odyssey, gets about 20MPG, not too bad, but if you take the middle seats out and fold down the rear seats, I have put 4x8 sheets of plywood in there.   Only about 4 1/2 feet of head room, I thought about putting the C-10 in back by removing the wind sheild, but I have never tried.....
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:06:20 PM »
Those nissan NV vans are sweet space inside wise.  Almost Sprinter'ish with out the 40k base price. But they get van like mileage.  13-17mpg.   I am looking at the Nissan vans with envy,  they also have the nv200 coming out soon.  But I think it has the same problem as the connect...  6.5 ft bed length.  :(

I DID determine that the Transit connect CAN carry the Concours by leaving the back doors open.   The GTR's wheelbase Does "fit" on the floor of the Connect.  and there are good tiedown points in the rear....  The front does have tie downs but i think they are covered over on the cargo version. 

Offline cmoore

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 04:02:57 AM »
Don't know about the Transit Connect fitting a motorcycle inside but they seem to be pretty good vehicles. My brother has one for his computer business. Gas mileage was a big selling point for him. He really seems to like it. It is very Euro looking but what the heck.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 05:09:36 AM »
I have a lot of brewing equipment,  moving the bikes, drive in movies with a bed in the back.  and of course the occasional trip to Ikea or home depot. 

I realized when my Van finally goes to automotive heaven i'm going to have a big hole in my transportation needs if i buy a car to replace it.

I am a bit worried about it being a c170 platform,  a 23k ford focus sounds a bit steep.   But they say it is made with more durable components. 

Euro towing is set at 1500lbs.  I am a bit curious why the US version say no to towing,  A small motorcycle trailer would make this a sweet deal.