Author Topic: Corbin Modular on its way  (Read 2686 times)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Corbin Modular on its way
« on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
Just ordered the Corbin modular.   Has anyone ordered this seat from Corbin?   If so, how long did it take to get it?

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Corbin Modular on its way
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
Congrats Doc, I love my Corbin!  :thumbs:

Mine took just under a month to get from time of order.

Did you get the heat option??

Offline madcap

• Only slightly nuts
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
Ordered from them a couple times in the past - 3-4 weeks from my experience. Enjoy the new seat!
Anything you say, can and will be misquoted and used against you.

2009 CR14 - Red (ish)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
ZG, I went back and forth on the heated option and although I usually enjoy having all the extra little added features, after talking with the wife about it, we decided against the heated option.   I really thought she would like it but she said she didn't need it.   So saved a bit of money I guess.
Do you have the heated option?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »
ZG, I went back and forth on the heated option and although I usually enjoy having all the extra little added features, after talking with the wife about it, we decided against the heated option.   I really thought she would like it but she said she didn't need it.   So saved a bit of money I guess.
Do you have the heated option?

Oh yes, and we love it in the cooler temps!!  :thumbs:

Congrats on the new Corbin Doc, I also recommend getting the Corbin passenger backrest if you do 2up riding...  8)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »
Thanks ZG.   I just purchased the GIVI E55 as well so we will see how much room there is once the topcase is on and then decide if we it works better with the passenger backrest or the topcase as a backrest (due to it's size).
I just got word back from them that it will be 3 weeks.   As long as it is here for the trip to the North Shore, we should be in business  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
Thanks ZG.   I just purchased the GIVI E55 as well so we will see how much room there is once the topcase is on and then decide if we it works better with the passenger backrest or the topcase as a backrest (due to it's size).

Doc,
I have the Kawi 47 liter trunk on mine mounted to Phils rack and it works perfect for clearing the Corbin passenger backrest, much better support for the passenger than the trunk pad IMO, and another advantage is having the backrest even when the top trunk isn't mounted.

Just something for you to think about...