Author Topic: FOB and Gas Station  (Read 10422 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: FOB and Gas Station
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 08:28:52 AM »
Light switches?  You can get light switches now?  What am I going to do with all those kerosene lamps?  I sure missed that memo.  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
It will jam the KIPASS system all day long if the RADAR detector is turned off.
Once the RADAR detector is off, the HARD system thinks that there is active RADAR coming off of the detector.
It then transmits to the headset.
The transmission signal to the headset will jam KIPASS.
Not to mention Garage door openers, Chevy's, Fords, and every make of Car key fob withing 100 feet...

I appologize for confusing some with high tech electronics talk...
I forgot that most C14 owner were around before the light switch was invented and you still have problems grasping that concept.

Hmmm... interesting, I have that exact same H.A.R.D. setup on my Connie and have never had it interfere with the bike starting.  ??? :-\

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
 :offtopic: sorry

I use this one:

http://www.marcparnes.com/Visual_Alert.htm

$59 and no need to move it from helmet to helmet. Works fantastic. I find with it mounted just above the speedo it reflects off the windshield and acts as a heads up display even in the brightest sunlight.

Offline MikeERideWNC

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

Hmmm... interesting, I have that exact same H.A.R.D. setup on my Connie and have never had it interfere with the bike starting.  ??? :-\

Your HARD system has to have power while the bike is off and the RADAR detector(Passport) must be turned off.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
Your HARD system has to have power while the bike is off and the RADAR detector(Passport) must be turned off.

That's fairly technical and confusing high tech electronics talk Mike, can you simplify it for us who are having trouble grasping the concept?    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »

Do you mean power to the HARD box mounted on the helmet with the bike shut off??

Or do you mean power to the HARD box mounted/connected to the actual radar detector with the bike shut off??

Offline MikeERideWNC

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
That's fairly technical and confusing high tech electronics talk Mike, can you simplify it for us who are having trouble grasping the concept?    ::)

I understand... ::)
In the up position the lights should be ON. In the down position the lights will be OFF.
Next week we will discuss dimmer switch opperation and how the knob rotates.

The transmitter must have power. The RADAR detector needs to be off or unplugged.
The headset would be off, unless you like dead batteries.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 11:51:12 AM »
In the up position the lights should be ON. In the down position the lights will be OFF.

The transmitter must have power. The RADAR detector needs to be off or unplugged.
The headset would be off, unless you like dead batteries.

Hmmm... well my transmitter (mounted to the radar detector) is powered on by the radar detector, and my radar detector is plugged into a switch that only has power when the bike is on, so I guess I can't have that issue...

You had me worried for a bit, I feel better now.  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

I sure hope that it's not one of them newfangled dimmer switches that you have to press in to turn on, those things really mess with my head.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MikeERideWNC

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »

Hmmm... well my transmitter (mounted to the radar detector) is powered on by the radar detector, and my radar detector is plugged into a switch that only has power when the bike is on, so I guess I can't have that issue...

You had me worried for a bit, I feel better now.  :)

Right...
But you also can't have fun screwing with cage drivers while you are having lunch.
Our group of riders has several HARD systems among the group.
They can wreak havoc in a parking lot with the average driver not knowing that a car key can open a door. :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
FOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB    :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine