Author Topic: Putting a liner in Kawi OEM top case  (Read 1495 times)

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
Putting a liner in Kawi OEM top case
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
I've got the Kawasaki top case (Givi E470, I believe) and was wondering if anyone has put in a liner?  I don't like the hard plastic where things will be sliding around all the time and would like to put in a rubber or felt liner.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
Re: Putting a liner in Kawi OEM top case
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
I have the Givi E55NT top case....also got the Givi liner for top and bottom, would do it again.  I would recommend you put something in there.  :-)
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
Thanks, LJ.  Is the liner pre-shaped and you just press it into place with some kind of adhesive?
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline roadie1951

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
I went to WalMart, auto department and bought a roll of automotive carpet material.  They had it in both black and grey.  It's like a three foot wide roll of carpet like material.  I cut the material down to the size of the bottom of the case and fitted it in, cutting at the creases to smooth it out as much as possible.  Then I used a spray adhesive to glue it down.  Not the greatest looking, but does the job.  It's been in there for a couple of years and hasn't begun to peel.  Whole thing cost me about $15.00 and  an hour of time.

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
I went to WalMart, auto department and bought a roll of automotive carpet material.  They had it in both black and grey.  It's like a three foot wide roll of carpet like material.  I cut the material down to the size of the bottom of the case and fitted it in, cutting at the creases to smooth it out as much as possible.  Then I used a spray adhesive to glue it down.  Not the greatest looking, but does the job.  It's been in there for a couple of years and hasn't begun to peel.  Whole thing cost me about $15.00 and  an hour of time.

Thanks, Roadie.  That's the kind of thing I was thinking of. 

2010 Concours 14 ABS