Author Topic: New MRA Windshield  (Read 5083 times)

Offline royal

New MRA Windshield
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »

Anyone try the new MRA X Creen windshield ?  Not the add on spoiler, the whole shield with the spoiler incorporated.  It's taller than the old MRA Vario Touring windshield.  I had the original MRA Vario and although I liked it okay, I thought it would be a lot better if it was taller.  Now, it looks like they just came out with a new taller Vario.  Is it available from Twisted Throttle ?  They don't show it on their website, but it's listed on the MRA website.

Royal
The Road Goes On Forever....

Offline koval68

Re: New MRA Windshield
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
I'm patiently waiting for one to be available from either a Twisted Throttle or one of their Canadian dealers.
According to info on MRA's website, that screen is going to be in production any day now.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline royal

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:39:19 AM »

I was on the MRA site last night.  According to the web site, it is available now.  At least, directly from them.  But, I'm not sure if Twisted Throttle has them yet.  I'm going to call Twisted Throttle today and I'll let you know what they said.  Seems to me, this larger Vario shield could be a real winner...

Royal

Offline koval68

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:47:45 AM »
Fantastic! I'm really busy over the next couple of weeks with my daughter competing all over Ontario, so if you can look into that it would be greatly appreciated.
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline royal

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:04:18 AM »

Will do.  Not to hijack my own thread, what does your daughter compete in ?  Sounds pretty exciting.

Offline koval68

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:26:51 AM »
Will do.  Not to hijack my own thread, what does your daughter compete in ?  Sounds pretty exciting.
You can see her in action for yourself...

http://youtu.be/V1FbzXBDV_c
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline royal

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »

She's amazing !  You must be very proud.  Good luck on the competitions over the next few weeks.  Let us all know how you make out.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »
You can see her in action for yourself...

That's awesome Tom!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline koval68

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »

That's awesome Tom!  :thumbs: :thumbs:
She's amazing !  You must be very proud.  Good luck on the competitions over the next few weeks.  Let us all know how you make out.
Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Thank You!
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline royal

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »

To All That May Be Interested,

I just got off the phone with Twisted Throttle.  The new MRA X Screen Max windshields are not in stock yet at Twisted Throttle.  However, they are available in Germany from MRA and Twisted Throttle can take orders for them.  The CSR from Twisted told me that it should take between 4 to 6 weeks once the order is placed to receive the shield.  This product is so new to Twisted that they don't even have pricing set up yet.  I did place my order and was told that they would get back to me with pricing.   I'll let you know what the pricing is when they contact me.

So, the good news is we can order them and the bad news is that it's going to take a bit to receive it.  I can live with 4 to 6 weeks, but I'm hoping that doesn't become 8 to 10 weeks.  Hope this windshield is worth the wait.....

Royal

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
Pics might be nice.....

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »
Pics might be nice.....

http://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navigationPath//1.Sortiment/0.html?mral=1&type=%282412%2C19%2C0%29&form=%28387%2C20%2C0%29&spr=D

So it is the spoiler that is taller, looks like the base screen may be the same size.  I have the regular MRA and it is sweet
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »
http://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navigationPath//1.Sortiment/0.html?mral=1&type=%282412%2C19%2C0%29&form=%28387%2C20%2C0%29&spr=D

So it is the spoiler that is taller, looks like the base screen may be the same size.  I have the regular MRA and it is sweet

Yikes!  I'll pass.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »

that's basically the "old" vario screen with the spoiler replaced by the X-Creen. I wonder how much it'll cost...
I put an X-Creen a few weeks ago on top of my Givi screen and I'm very satisfied. I didn't want to drill the screen so I used the metal clamps, which are rather heavy and make the screen move more than I'd like, but it sure does the job.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.